Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice muffler.

Comment

Ugh, I'm really jealous about that muffler.
      My Garage
      2001 Z3 2.5i Steel Gray/Black (Lexi)
      1988 325ix Diamond Schwartz/Black (Izzy)
      1989 325i Cirrus Blue/Houndstooth (Stitch)
      Feedback

Instagram: Stone.Hopkins

Comment

Beauty muffler. How was the firewall part of the cable job? I spent about half an hour talking to my new one before I got it in there.

Comment

Originally posted by efficient View Post
          Nice muffler.
          Originally posted by stonea View Post
          Ugh, I'm really jealous about that muffler.
          Thanks, they actually had a center x-pipe for a Benz also. I called them to order it and the sales guy told me it was an error and they didnt have the part. I told him I almost ordered it online. He replied by saying that they wouldve cancelled my order and refunded my money. Told him thanks for nothing, then went online and ordered it. I expected the refund, but came home today to a big box and immediately had a big smile on my face. Checked their page today and the x-pipe is gone and so is the muffler. Looks like I got to it before someone figured out what they were doing

Originally posted by whitebulat22 View Post
          Beauty muffler. How was the firewall part of the cable job? I spent about half an hour talking to my new one before I got it in there.
          I took the bolt out that holds the fusebox down and had plenty of space to get it in. It was surprisingly easy. Getting it clipped into the firewall, I used an open end 13mm wrench around the top and a flat head on the bottom to push it into the firewall.

Hopefully my ninja in the NW sent my iS lip quickly along with my tow hook and I can have those installed before the cars & coffee this weekend.
          Simon
          Current Cars:
          -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
            Thanks, they actually had a center x-pipe for a Benz also. I called them to order it and the sales guy told me it was an error and they didnt have the part. I told him I almost ordered it online. He replied by saying that they wouldve cancelled my order and refunded my money. Told him thanks for nothing, then went online and ordered it. I expected the refund, but came home today to a big box and immediately had a big smile on my face. Checked their page today and the x-pipe is gone and so is the muffler. Looks like I got to it before someone figured out what they were doing

Nicely done!
            E30 now S52
            2008 Suburban LTZ (Family and TT hauler)
            325xiT (Sold)

sigpic

Comment

Finally had a chance to install the Koni's today! Straight forward easy job, the biggest pain was moving the Lukebox out of the way.

New Koni's ready to go, except that I couldnt use the dust shield & bumpstop
              new_konis by 2mAn

Side by Side comparison of the Bilsteins & Koni's. Its about a 3" difference in height. I had to jack up the trailing arm to install the lower mounting point of the shock. Very excited now. Of course, now the front struts seem tired, so the list isnt getting any shorter.

shock_comparison by 2mAn

The raised mount inside the car
              raised_shock_mounts by 2mAn

Heres a pic I took at full droop!

little droop by 2mAn

And now, its a nervous two days until the next BAR appt. Fingers crossed. Cars feeling great, Im feeling pretty good, but we'll see what happens.
              Last edited by 2mAn; 07-29-2017, 09:09 AM. Reason: fuck photobucket
              Simon
              Current Cars:

Comment

Looking so much better man! Good luck with the BAR appt, hope you finally square it away. Curious on your impression on the bilstein vs konis, pretty big difference side by side in that shot.

BLUE NOSE - M62 SWAP

THE E30 + 1 BUILD

Comment

Originally posted by diirty-30 View Post

curious on your impression on the bilstein vs konis, pretty big difference side by side in that shot.
                  +1
                  E30 now S52
                  2008 Suburban LTZ (Family and TT hauler)
                  325xiT (Sold)

sigpic

Comment

Well, its not really an apples to apples comparison because the Bilsteins are pretty tired and the Koni's felt solid. Overall Im very happy, but now Im itching to do the fronts. We'll see when I get around to them
                    Simon
                    Current Cars:

Comment

so, no update on the BAR/ referee appt. They called me this morning and told me their machines were down so I got rescheduled for Cinco de Mayo. soooo the waiting game continues...

In other news, I copied this post from a different thread

Originally posted by Bimmerman325i View Post

Note the necking down from 2-1-2 on the OBD1 pipe. That area chokes down to a very small diameter with a thick wall.

I currently have a S50 (OBD1) midpipe/ cat and have started to seriously plan out my exhaust system since I might need a new cat as well as redoing the rest of the exhaust system. The Magnaflow CA cats for the M50 is a dual in and dual out setup, so Im thinking that I will need to keep the system dual all the way into the cat, then after the cat it will go into the y-pipe and a straight pipe back into the muffler. Most of it looks straight forward, but the front part of the cat looks like it might be an issue because what you dont see is that where the pipes come together in front of the cat is where your o2 sensor is. Not sure how to address that without them thinking there is something shady happening... The joys of trying to be legit
                      Simon
                      Current Cars:

Comment

So glad i don't have to deal with any of that shit. Straight pipe to a muffle here haha

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
                        1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
                        Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
                        Mtech 2 turbo restoration
                        Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

Yea, lets see if you feel that way when you're snowed in and Im at the beach drinking lemonade :rofl:
                          Simon
                          Current Cars:

Comment

wait....how much did you buy that muffler for?!?! if i read that correctly, thats a crack head deal!!!
                            -Brad, AlphaTeam Motorwerks, LLC
                            91' 318iS - S54/6MT Swapped
                            08' E90 M3 6MT - Daily
                            04' Chevy Duramax CCLB - Work Truck/Hauler

Originally posted by IronJoe
                            Alpha Team: running through e30s, gringo icebergs, and 19 yr olds.

Originally posted by 2mAn
                            Brads a standup guy even though he likes buttsex

Comment

Originally posted by spiDmang View Post
                              wait....how much did you buy that muffler for?!?! if i read that correctly, thats a crack head deal!!!
                              $57 for the muffler and another ~$40 to ship
                              Simon
                              Current Cars:

Comment

Simon
                                Current Cars:

Comment

Working...
                                X