Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

325IX restore and build continued(turbo, e34ix diff, DCT)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guten is the best. Nice work. Subscribed!

Comment

Waiting on some more parts so I decided to clean the brakes up a bit

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

IX being restored here

Ix turbo build here

Comment

Nice :)
        https://www.facebook.com/Cry_77_IX-110483784967661
        https://www.instagram.com/cry_77_ix/

Comment

Looking good. I am working on my 3.1 stroker turbo iX this spring too. Just trying to get my MS2 working right now. Why did you remove the ABS?
          318iS Track Rat :nice: www.drive4corners.com
          '86 325iX 3.1 Stroker Turbo '86 S38B36 325

No one makes this car anymore. The government won't allow them, normal people won't buy them. So it's up to us: the freaks, the weirdos, the informed. To buy them, to appreciate them, and most importantly, to drive them.

Comment

Originally posted by downforce22 View Post
            Looking good. I am working on my 3.1 stroker turbo iX this spring too. Just trying to get my MS2 working right now. Why did you remove the ABS?
            Awesome! I thought about going with a 3.1 but I got a good deal on a forged 81mm crank. Ill be ordering a ms2 soon hopefully, are you doing wasted spark? And I deleted the abs because it never worked and I would have needed all new sensors and probably more.
            Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

IX being restored here

Ix turbo build here

Comment

This is really exciting!

Comment

I want a video of the take off after this is done!

Comment

Originally posted by ModernclassicxF View Post
                  I want a video of the take off after this is done!
                  Haha will do, it's slowly getting there, there should be lots of updates to come in april!

IX being restored here

Ix turbo build here

Comment

Freshly welded bimmerhead cylinder head just came in! Just waiting on main and rod bearings to ship so the machine shop can finish up the bottom end so things can start to get serious

IX being restored here

Ix turbo build here

Comment

Ooooh me likey.
                      1990 Brilliantrot 325iS Build Thread
                      1989 Zinnoberrot M3 Build Thread

Comment

What brakes are you using?

Comment

For now just stock rebuilt calipers and good rotors and pads. I'll be upgrading to a bbk soon hopefully I just haven't made up my mind on which one to get

IX being restored here

Ix turbo build here

Comment

Looks great! We notched our frame support for the ac lines as well!
                            1997 Artic Silver M3
                            CES GT4094r 651hp/615tq @ 24 psi

Comment

Originally posted by BMWManiac View Post
                              Looks great! We notched our frame support for the ac lines as well!
                              I notched mine for more clearance for the intercooler, man I wish I had ac though haha.

Stopped by the machine shop today to check on the progress

The block is bored and honed and is almost ready to go, just waiting on bearings

Also been playing with the valve cover on the side, going to be a nice touch in the end

IX being restored here

Ix turbo build here

Comment

Put the turbo drain in today

First time tig welding aluminum but I think it turned out ok

IX being restored here

Ix turbo build here

Comment

Working...
                                X