Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

325IX restore and build continued(turbo, e34ix diff, DCT)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

which v-band wastegates were you using? I just ordered my manifold and need a good recommendation.

Also, do you think you reached the upper limit of power from your turbo? Or was the driveline swap purely for reinforcement?

Also, how did you feel about your exhaust setup? Did you ever get any videos of it? Im curious how it sounded and how happy you were with it.
    2011 335i xDrive Msport - sold
    2002 M5
    '88 325ix turbo build :D

Comment

Originally posted by boogle2 View Post
      which v-band wastegates were you using? I just ordered my manifold and need a good recommendation.

Also, do you think you reached the upper limit of power from your turbo? Or was the driveline swap purely for reinforcement?

Also, how did you feel about your exhaust setup? Did you ever get any videos of it? Im curious how it sounded and how happy you were with it.
      I used twin tial mvl 38mm and they're awesome, they came with all the springs to change the base pressure too.

About the turbo, I'm not at the limit yet. I believe the compressor has a lot more left in it but I have a twin scroll .75a/r exhaust housing so I think I'll max that out before 20psi so I'll probably be switching to a 1.0 a/r so I can run mid 20's. I'm shooting for low to mid 400s on pump gas or around 500 with e85, so that's why I'm upgrading the driveline.

that muffler is pretty nice but it's expensive. With my exhaust housing so small the exhaust is actually pretty quite so I never hooked that adjustable motor up on the muffler. It's probably going to end up on my wrx and I'll just straight pipe the bimmer because race car.

I'll upload a short video from in the car later, I never got any good ones yet though.
      Originally posted by boogle2 View Post

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

IX being restored here

Ix turbo build here

Comment

where in pittsburgh do you live? a fellow r3v member with an alpine ix coupe. id love to come see the car sometime

Comment

Originally posted by 2002tiiguy View Post
          where in pittsburgh do you live? a fellow r3v member with an alpine ix coupe. id love to come see the car sometime
          An Alpina ix, that would be awesome to see. I do believe I seen you drive by in it when I was at the Pittsburgh all wheel drive meet on the south side last fall. I'm actually 30 min north of Pittsburgh though, I live right out side of Evans City. Hopefully I can get my car on the road again soon and I'd take you for a ride in it! Where are you from by the way?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T817A using Tapatalk
          Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

IX being restored here

Ix turbo build here

Comment

lol noooo not an alpina allrad, i wish i had one, just an alpine white coupe. i live in mt washington

Comment

also, where was that dyno you had the car on?

Comment

Originally posted by 2002tiiguy View Post
                lol noooo not an alpina allrad, i wish i had one, just an alpine white coupe. i live in mt washington
                Haha my bad I can't read sometimes. But ya man if you want your welcome to stop up some weekend we can have a beer an bullshit haha. And the dyno was a prl motorsports

IX being restored here

Ix turbo build here

Comment

Good to know, I'd like to put my car on the dyno just to see where I'm at.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Comment

Ya I would highly recommend prl motorsports. I think a stock ix is right around 120 at the wheels, do you have anything done to yours?

IX being restored here

Ix turbo build here

Comment

Well, to be honest, not sure. I do have a war chip in it which has been ok but I didn't feel anything substantial. However, my cousin has an 07 Subaru impreza 2.5 non turbo. We had his car dynoed at 160 at the wheels (intake, borla, lightweight crank pulley and a tune) cars weigh about the same, gearing is all about the same, tires are about the same size. His car should pull away from me no problem. But it just doesn't. If I catch it and the motronic is happy with everything. It's neck and neck. However, I have a td crank coming and then I'm thinking low boost. Goal is like 230 at the wheels

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Comment

That's cool to hear you can keep up with him, I'd like to hear what your car makes.
                        I'm running that crank also, I first used it NA to break the motor in and the car felt like it had no top end but had tons of torque. But once you add a little boost it makes a great combination, plus with these motors is very easy to make 300 at the wheels and very reliably too.

IX being restored here

Ix turbo build here

Comment

what pistons/rods?

Comment

Ross racing pistons from IE engenering. 8.5:1 comp with there 135mm rods.

IX being restored here

Ix turbo build here

Comment

i need to find a set of pistons and rods for the crank, not sure exactly what i want yet

Comment

If your staying low boost you really don't need to drop the compression. If it's your first turbo build and you unsure about tuning and how important timing is then it may be a good idea to run like 8.5:1 for some safety margin.

I would recommend Ross racing pistons, although I'm not happy with the rods. A good set of s50 rods with arp bolts is probably your best bet, there lighter and stronger then the m20 rods.

IX being restored here

Ix turbo build here

Comment

Working...
                                X