Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

325IX restore and build continued(turbo, e34ix diff, DCT)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very nicely done.
    How to remove, install or convert to pop out windows
    http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=297611

Could be better, could be worse.

Comment

Great work and thanks for the response.

I really want to go the M52 route in my IX down the road. Just trying to get an idea.

Comment

Just taking it to the next level, nice work!
        318iS Track Rat :nice: www.drive4corners.com
        '86 325iX 3.1 Stroker Turbo '86 S38B36 325

No one makes this car anymore. The government won't allow them, normal people won't buy them. So it's up to us: the freaks, the weirdos, the informed. To buy them, to appreciate them, and most importantly, to drive them.

Comment

I recently acquired an oil leak at the oil pan on my 325ix. Since the IX is different, i'm curious if dropping the frame subframe vs jacking up the engine is easier to remove the oil pan on the ix. I cannot find much information on either the front subframe or the oil pan on the ix, which are both different than the RWD.

Comment

Originally posted by jeenyus View Post
            I recently acquired an oil leak at the oil pan on my 325ix. Since the IX is different, i'm curious if dropping the frame subframe vs jacking up the engine is easier to remove the oil pan on the ix. I cannot find much information on either the front subframe or the oil pan on the ix, which are both different than the RWD.
            I've never just removed the pan so im not sure on the best method but if it were me I'd support the motor from the top and remove the crossmember. Probably easiest way would be to pull the axles then drop the entire front suspension assembly(crossmember, struts, sway bar, rack, etc) all at once. You would need to disconnect the power steering lines though. But if you did it like that you would have perfect access to the entire pan, although you might beable to get the pan out but just lowering the crossmember a few inches, and leaving the power steering hooked up.

Hope that helps

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
            Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

IX being restored here

Ix turbo build here

Comment

Originally posted by nomansland92 View Post
              I've never just removed the pan so im not sure on the best method but if it were me I'd support the motor from the top and remove the crossmember. Probably easiest way would be to pull the axles then drop the entire front suspension assembly(crossmember, struts, sway bar, rack, etc) all at once. You would need to disconnect the power steering lines though. But if you did it like that you would have perfect access to the entire pan, although you might beable to get the pan out but just lowering the crossmember a few inches, and leaving the power steering hooked up.

Hope that helps

that helps a lot! thank you. I don't have PS in the IX, so there's that. Sounds like it's gonna be a process. Thanks again for your response.

Comment

Man, that looks great! How much do you want to do the reverse on mine, lol? I still haven't made my ix/N52 oil pan... I'd probably have the engine in there by now otherwise. :(
                Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by jeenyus View Post
                  OT, but you have to remove all the axles/suspension anyway to drop the oil pan, since the axles and front diff are attached to it. So as suggested, the best way is to support the engine from above (they make braces just for this purpose) and drop the subframe out from below.
                  Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Haven't had any updates in awhile but I've been hard at work. Something very awesome lies beneath that cardboard. A few more weeks(hopefully 🤞) and it will be done and ready to enjoy!

Last edited by nomansland92; 06-06-2018, 05:57 PM.
                    Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

IX being restored here

Ix turbo build here

Comment

Lol i wonder what it is, and whats all the numbers are about

Comment

Originally posted by 2002tiiguy View Post
                        Lol i wonder what it is, and whats all the numbers are about
                        Lol what numbers, or do you mean the little lines on the cardboard?

IX being restored here

Ix turbo build here

Comment

&#129310

Comment

Originally posted by 2002tiiguy View Post
                            &#129310
                            Oh lol I guess the emoji didn't work, weird it shows up on my phone though.

IX being restored here

Ix turbo build here

Comment

Lol ok

Comment

That Getrag 240 swap will be awesome ��
                                E30 325ix M50 turbo 7 spd DCT 4wd 840awhp @ 31 psi.
                                E30 M50 6 spd 764whp @ 24psi.
                                E30 M20 6 spd 675whp.

Comment

Working...
                                X