Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ForcedFirebird View Post
    Sam ol same ol. :)

You said you disconnected the sway bar. Are you talking about the rear due to over-steer?
    Yeah. Decision Progression:

Install 25 / 22 IE Bars

Love it on the street

Go to the track on G-Force Sports, absolutely roast them. Awful. Can't put power down on corner exit.

Move to Azenis RT615K's. Better, but still not great. Car loves to slide (still fun), but would likely be faster with more grip.

So we'll see how it feels at the end of June at Road A again. Love the throttle steer, love the rotation, just need more grip. Early testing seems to be beneficial.
    sigpic

Comment

RA, my fav track! Too bad we got snowed out at the 14hr in Feb. :/

Yeah we had the same problem at first and found the rear dampers lacking. We ran DZII's for a few years, then went to Azenis (both in 205 55 on 7's), now we run the BFG Rivals (in 225 45 on 8's). Same sway setup, but rear is adjustable and on the softest setting. We also use B8 Bilsteins from an F-Body modified to fit the rear, IE III springs. Also helped adding some clutches in the diff too. We roasted the diff at Sebring in Sept and the car was a bear to handle - ended up removing a sway link. Might be worth looking into your diff clutches.
      john@m20guru.com
      Links:
      Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

Hmm. Full setup refresher:
        • Eibach Prokits (-1.5" or so, nearly stock rates)
        • Bilstein Sports
        • IE 25 / 22 (Minus the 22 now)
        I had the IE's on full soft too and it was still bonkers. I think i'm going to go after some non-stock spring rates before I open the diff up.
        sigpic

Comment

Don't necessarily have to open the diff. Just jack one side and see how much effort it takes to rotate one side. I could easily grab ours and turn one side, probably in the range of 10-15ftlb preload. One of the bellvue washers was toast and the clutches were glazed. Went with the 4 clutch kit and billet cap from diffs online, stockish preload. Really want to try a 2 way center with no decel lock.

Also, you won;t have to pull the whole diff to pop the carrier out and swap the clutches if that's the case.

Also, you can use the front bar to get a push in the front. Full stiff (or heavier front springs) can help keep it from rotating.
          john@m20guru.com
          Links:
          Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

Innnnnteresting, I'll give it a look!
            sigpic

Comment

Love this car. Glad to see an update. Those brakes look nasty!
              Simon
              Current Cars:
              -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                Love this car. Glad to see an update. Those brakes look nasty!
                Yeah they were pretty gnarly. I felt guilty.

Bled them with a local shop yesterday, was very vindicating to see them have issues getting the air out too. We eventually did get more air out of them, and now the pedal is stiffer and more consistent. Pedal travel is still a little long, they're citing the fact that this is an ATE master replacing a Girling. I'm going to play with the brake lever clevis adjustment and see if I can sort some of that out.
                sigpic

Comment

Good to see you back at it 8^)
                  My M20 Frankenbuild(s)
                  4 Sale - Fully Built TurnKey Megasquirt Plug and Play EMS

Comment

Originally posted by whodwho View Post
                    Good to see you back at it 8^)
                    Good to hear from you Keith! Someone was just commenting on the ECU setup in the car the other day and I got to drop your name. Hope you're doing well!

Dropped the HRE's off at EWW last week, looking forward to getting them back soon.

Got the new DD FJ80 sorted and took on rehabbing a wayward RX7 for a friend.

Click image for larger version  Name:	I2RqqUc.jpg Views:	0 Size:	84.4 KB ID:	9926339

Click image for larger version  Name:	bRmWCAN.jpg Views:	0 Size:	83.7 KB ID:	9926338

The E30 got very jealous and simultaneously popped the power steering feed line AND the oil cooler thermostat o-ring, so we'll be attending to those before another two day at Road Atlanta next month. Brakes are firm and consistent, excited to see how they feel with PFC08's.
                    sigpic

Comment

Do you have a build on the Rx7? When I first saw it, I thought the paint was patina. Then I realized the glass looked the same and it was just dirty. I am curious to see it cleaned up.
                      How to remove, install or convert to pop out windows
                      http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=297611

Could be better, could be worse.

Comment

Originally posted by rzerob View Post
                        Do you have a build on the Rx7? When I first saw it, I thought the paint was patina. Then I realized the glass looked the same and it was just dirty. I am curious to see it cleaned up.
                        I don't, and sadly I think it'll move on to someone with deeper pockets. The majority of the car is in great shape, but there's a frame section that needs desperate attention that's going to punt it out of my friend's budget.

There was a car underneath all that though!

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20200516_184110.jpg Views:	0 Size:	72.1 KB ID:	9927091
                        sigpic

Comment

Unfortunately FCP Euro's "12mm OD" fuel line is actually 12MM ID, but still made some non land cruiser progress today.

Fresh PS feed + return lines after the feed finally gave up the ghost. After feeling the crimp on the return, it didn't appear far behind it. Nice to have everything clean again!

Also resolved a pretty bad weep from the oil cooler thermostat seal. Things got complicated when I couldn't find my clamp, but managed to push it in there with a few 3/8" extensions and my jack while I secured the new snapring. We'll sort the fuel lines out next week and she'll be ready for Road A again.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ebLzL2S.jpg
Views:	272
Size:	79.5 KB
ID:	9927852

Click image for larger version

Name:	rQD0ota.jpg
Views:	241
Size:	53.1 KB
ID:	9927853
                          sigpic

Comment

Did you ever figure out a solution to retain cruise control?
                            1990 Brilliantrot 325iS Build Thread
                            1989 Zinnoberrot M3 Build Thread

Comment

Originally posted by AWDBOB View Post
                              Did you ever figure out a solution to retain cruise control?
                              I haven't, still have all the original parts though. It would really only require a new main throttle bracket.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X