No announcement yet.

Bronzit E30 - OBDII S52 shaved bay - weekend/autox toy - Journey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Updates on some small projects... Redid the fasteners on the hood and replaced the pins with aerocatch latches. Looks much sleeker and "finished". Did countersunk rivets on the vent. For the aerocatches I had to remake the mounting for the pins since they weren't the same side/pitch. Remade the rear brackets completely and added some style. Also visited race service and got to checkout Ryan tuerk's Judd v10 powered carbon widebody supra. Its an incredible build. Also went to radwood this past weekend. Great event.

Hood finished with the "new look" of the aerocatch fasteners and flush countersunk rivets on the vent

My new garage companion enjoys streaming F1 in the garage on sunday mornings

Hood vent closeup

Aerocatch close up

Radwood

New hood pin bracket layup

Finished brackets

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Sh3rpak!ng; 11-22-2021, 10:56 AM.
    '89 325i OBD2 S52 BUILD THREAD
    Shadetree30

Comment

Stealth quick disconnect fastener to better secure the nose of the hood which bounces/flaps under higher speed and air pressure. I had the cross hairs laser etched at work.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
      Last edited by Sh3rpak!ng; 11-22-2021, 10:49 AM.
      Shadetree30

Comment

I still love how slick that center push pin is. I forgot to ask, did you just holesaw the roundel to make the hole?
        Originally posted by priapism
        My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
        Originally posted by shameson
        Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

Originally posted by Northern View Post
          I still love how slick that center push pin is. I forgot to ask, did you just holesaw the roundel to make the hole?
          Yes, hole sawed it and used a dremel to get the edges nice and smooth.

Sidenote - this was a genuine OEM hood badge and I was surprised to note that the "chrome" is actually solid aluminum and the colors are actually painted. The whole badge has a thick layer of aluminum with a plastic layer beneath for rigidity.
          Shadetree30

Comment

Nice updates! I love your attention to detail.

RISING EDGE

Let's drive fast and have fun.

Comment

I saw your car at Radwood and had no idea who it belonged to. I am so glad that I found this thread! Your car is impeccable and also love your license plate.
              Instagram
              Build Thread

F87 2020 M2 Competition Coupe Long Beach Blue/Black w/Blue Stitching
              F22 2014 M235i Coupe Estoril Blue/Black (Sold)
              E46 2003 325xi Sedan Jet Black/Natural Brown Leather
              E30 1989 325i Vert Bronzitbeige Metallic/Natural
              E30 1986 325es Coupe Alpine White/Pearl Beige

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	20211120_091927.jpg
Views:	0
Size:	0
ID:	10038965
                91' 318is 90' 325is

Originally posted by Sonny
                Buy the E30s, they ain't gonna last long
                E30 can make you, E30 can break you
                "He who controls the Nova's, controls the Boomers"

Comment

Originally posted by Digitalwave View Post
                  Nice updates! I love your attention to detail.
                  Thanks!

Originally posted by venerated View Post
                  I saw your car at Radwood and had no idea who it belonged to. I am so glad that I found this thread! Your car is impeccable and also love your license plate.
                  Glad you put two and two together! License plate is one of my favorite personal touches
                  Shadetree30

Comment

Very annoying to upload photos through tapatalk... just straight up not working. I hope the photos as attachments works. Any advice on photo uploading is appreciated. Especially if it can be done solely through from the phone.

Anyway. What do we have going on here? That's an electronic throttle body from an M54 and homemade adapter plate. It also serves as an "oem" bbtb upgrade. I mightve gone a little excessive refurbishing and finishing the parts, but it looks awesome imo. E-throttle pedal is on the bench to be fitted next.

I am transitioning to standalone link ECU g4x xtreme with a custom dyno tune. Also working on getting modern wheel speed sensors adapted so we can do cool things like launch control, traction control and eventually modern ABS. This is a project I've looked forward to for a while.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Attached Files
                    Shadetree30

Comment

I use flickr.

You can just copy the image url and paste it straight onto your reply
                      Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

I use imgur, pretty easy
                        sigpic

(clicky on piccy to get to thread)

Comment

Car is looking fantastic!

Do you have an update on the brakes? I am working on refining someone else's M60 swap into a usable track car and it has a terrible remote booster setup that has to go. I currently have the Garagistic pedal box bracket and was planning on going that route, but I'm just not 100% sold on their solution. Is Lee @ Massive still doing this stuff even though his website is down? What's the best way to get in contact?

I'm looking for a true dual purpose solution, I learned my lesson last time around going full track car and I want to put together a brake setup that has enough pedal feel and low enough effort for moderate street use.
                          - '88 m54 coupe

<3

Comment

Originally posted by MrBurgundy View Post
                            I use flickr.

You can just copy the image url and paste it straight onto your reply
                            Originally posted by econti View Post
                            I use imgur, pretty easy
                            Thanks guys I'll give them a try

Originally posted by Jb325is View Post
                            Car is looking fantastic!

Do you have an update on the brakes? I am working on refining someone else's M60 swap into a usable track car and it has a terrible remote booster setup that has to go. I currently have the Garagistic pedal box bracket and was planning on going that route, but I'm just not 100% sold on their solution. Is Lee @ Massive still doing this stuff even though his website is down? What's the best way to get in contact?

I'm looking for a true dual purpose solution, I learned my lesson last time around going full track car and I want to put together a brake setup that has enough pedal feel and low enough effort for moderate street use.
                            I was strongly considering the garagistic setup + wilwood pedal box for a while and decided against it because of the space constraints under the dash. I just didn't want to have to undo all the work I'd just finished cleaning up the wiring. Also cost overall was quite a bit more than the massive "pedal box" solution. Yes Lee is still making loads of stuff, contact him at massivebrakes@gmail.com

I think I'll end up dropping down to the .625" master cylinders from the .750" cylinders I have now. That'll gain a bit of pedal travel and reduce effort. They're pretty stiff now which is fine as long as you remember, but irritating if you get caught in any stop/go traffic. Its felt great in canyon driving. I'm waiting to have a track day or autox until I make another change just to feel how it operates in those conditions. Might be a while though since I just started pulling things apart to do a link standalone ecu.
                            Shadetree30

Comment

Originally posted by Sh3rpak!ng View Post

Leaking coolant extension drain. I'm just going to put a plug back in the block. This was really tight against the headers.
                              What part of this was leaking? I want to do this too, and I'll add a fire sleeve to it. Maybe with a little more length, it could have been pointed forward to be further from the headers?

Currently building a badass coffee table
                              Random stuff on insta @kevanromero

Comment

Amazing what you have done to this thing! Did you get your brakes sorted out? Have an s52 swap, and about ready for more brakes...Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X