No announcement yet.

Bronzit E30 - OBDII S52 shaved bay - weekend/autox toy - Journey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jongbloed series 500 15x10 Thinking of a 245/45 200tw tire to start. Also need to figure out how to make them fit. Planning to powdercoat them gloss grey, maybe a slate grey. Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    '89 325i OBD2 S52 BUILD THREAD
    Shadetree30

Comment

Now we're talking. Something to actually utilize those flares ;)

RISING EDGE

Let's drive fast and have fun.

Comment

YES. I love the new wheels.
        How to remove, install or convert to pop out windows
        http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=297611

Could be better, could be worse.

Comment

Originally posted by Digitalwave View Post
          Now we're talking. Something to actually utilize those flares ;)
          these or a different 15/16x10 have always been in my plans, just didn't have the budget to justify two sets fo wheels/tires until now

ironically I still probably won't be able to use the current flares, looks like I'll need to go a bit wider, or figure out some other way to gain inner rim->strut clearance. Currently I stacked 20mm worth of spacers just to get the wheel to bolt up and not touch the strut. I'm at 2.5* camber so I could possibly go for a bit more there too. Debating whether to just refinish the wheels and put tires on them and then figure out how to make it fit, or solve it now.

Originally posted by rzerob View Post
          YES. I love the new wheels.
          me too I've had my eye on them for several years
          Shadetree30

Comment

how do you even order these wheels and what's the price range? Their website doesn't give any insight. I think these are awesome and they have some pretty cool wheels in there!

Comment

Originally posted by jeenyus View Post
              how do you even order these wheels and what's the price range? Their website doesn't give any insight. I think these are awesome and they have some pretty cool wheels in there!
              Through phil's tire service, looks like $240 per wheel. I bought these used for a considerable discount and will be refinishing them. Should still total out quite less than a new set, and in the color I want too :D I agree they have a handful of really nice designs. Also fairly lightweight @~14 lbs per wheel

Shadetree30

Comment

Either you have tiny hands, or those rims are wide as f***. I'm going with tiny hands.

Seriously, these should look badass and put down some serious rubber
                '86 325e Zinnoberrot /// '02 325ci Schwarz II /// '18 M4 Azurite Black Metallic ///

Albie325 Build Thread | Albie325 COTM Jan 2021

Comment

Originally posted by albie325 View Post
                  either you have tiny hands, or those rims are wide as f***. I'm going with tiny hands.

lol
                  Last edited by Melon; 02-13-2020, 08:07 AM.
                  I do things.

Comment

Originally posted by Albie325 View Post
                    Either you have tiny hands, or those rims are wide as f***. I'm going with tiny hands.

one way or another I'm looking forward to finally maxing out the rubber under the car! Decided to do this instead of buying another set of tires for the current wheels... all part of the master plan

Originally posted by Melon View Post

lol

[ATTACH=JSON]n9905470[/ATTACH]
                    Shadetree30

Comment

Originally posted by Sh3rpak!ng View Post
                      ironically I still probably won't be able to use the current flares, looks like I'll need to go a bit wider, or figure out some other way to gain inner rim
                      Don't you have the ultra wide flares already? Are you going to make a custom set?

Originally posted by Sh3rpak!ng View Post
                      … and in the color I want too :D

So no silver?

How to remove, install or convert to pop out windows
                      http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=297611

Could be better, could be worse.

Comment

Wheels are at powdercoat now. Maybe done tomorrow. Still need to order tires but progress is slowed due to moving (I'll have a 2 car garage 100% mine in a few weeks) and starting a new job

Originally posted by rzerob View Post

Don't you have the ultra wide flares already? Are you going to make a custom set?

So no silver?
                        No, I have the standard flares. And no, didn't like the silver for this car and they were also fairly beat up so they needed a refinish anyway.
                        Shadetree30

Comment

Wheels are back from powdercoat. A bit lighter grey than I had in my mind, but I think itll still look great. 235/50r15 toyo r888s deliver today. Might even get them mounted today or tomorrow. Unfortunately I probably wont have time to fit the new wheel/tire combo for a couple of weeks. I am starting a new job and we are moving. Good news is that I'll finally have a 2 car garage and extra storage all to myself. Staying in LA but leaving the valley. Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
                          Shadetree30

Comment

Alright. Got tires on the wheels and completely remade my splitter.

A few weeks ago I went to a cars and coffee event and pulled into a gas station to fuel up.... badly misjudged a curb that I couldn't see over the hood (very low seat position severely limits close proximity front visibility) and caught a few inches with the passenger side of the splitter.... didn't turn out too well. Besides popping most of the rivets holding everything together, it bent the lower reinforcement bracket, broke a few of the oem IS lip clips, and actually bent the valence and fender since they're all bolted/connected together. I already had a new piece of ABS cut ready to make splitter V2, so this accelerated the plans. V2 features 1/4" ABS which is magnitudes stiffer than the 1/8", a riv-nutted aluminum bracket at the bottom of the valence, and splitter mounted via brackets from the core support + frame rails. I also countersunk the splitter support bolts since they tend to get chewed up right at the leading edge. This version is MUCH stiffer. I also hope that a front impact will not cause damage to the valence now that it's not actually mounted to the valence.

Got tires mounted to the new wheels!! 235/50r15 toyo R888r on the 15x10 jongbloed series 500. I am quite pleased with how they came out. Could've been maybe a touch darker shade of grey, but I like them.

Unfortunately, I needed 22mm of spacer in the front to clear the strut, so they do not fit the current flare/fender combo. I also got unlucky with the position of the locking collars on the coilover being in the exaxt spot of the outmost edge of the rim so I lost like 5mm there too... considering building a new set of spindles just to gain that back. Otherwise I'm open to any ideas out there to gain some more clearance. Camber is currently at 2.4*

The rear fit fine!! Only needed a 5mm spacer to clear the upper spring perch pad which can be ground down with no ill effect and then wouldn't need any spacer at all. Dammit! Really don't want to run such large spacers.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
                            Last edited by Sh3rpak!ng; 03-02-2020, 08:41 AM.
                            Shadetree30

Comment

You should be fine with more camber. All of the track E30's in my area run 3.5-4*. It gives a lot more fender clearance too, obviously.

My car had loads of more grip and perfect contact patch in the corners when I went from ~2.2* to ~3.7* of camber up front recently.

RISING EDGE

Let's drive fast and have fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Digitalwave View Post
                                You should be fine with more camber. All of the track E30's in my area run 3.5-4*. It gives a lot more fender clearance too, obviously.

My car had loads of more grip and perfect contact patch in the corners when I went from ~2.2* to ~3.7* of camber up front recently.
                                No kidding! Thanks for the feedback. I'll try this first.The 2.5* was kinda a carryover from when I was daily driving it. Don't really need to be so conservative now that it gets driven twice a month for pleasure. And rarely on the highway.

Out of curiosity, what overall alignment specs are you running?

Damn I am dying to go to an event asap.
                                Shadetree30

Comment

Working...
                                X