1990 325is restomod project aka "Klaus"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We’re you able to get genuine MT2 bits?

I was up above it, Now I'm down in it ~ Entropy - A Build thread.
    @Zakspeed_US

Comment

Is it staying alpine?

Comment

Originally posted by moatilliatta View Post
        We’re you able to get genuine MT2 bits?
        Yes, there was a guy who ran a group by on this board YEARS ago when you could still get new ones from Germany. He had one left, I got a brand new set with all the mounting hardware etc still in original packaging. Tags still on the side skirts, stickers still on the other parts. It wasnt cheap but I didnt want aftermarket. The only thing that wasn't new that I had to get separately was the rear spoiler, bought and OE one that is being stripped.

Euro Delivery Thread///E30 Project Klaus///COTM August 2021

Comment

Originally posted by prisonerofdoom83 View Post
          Is it staying alpine?
          Yep staying AWII for two reasons. One I like white, and two I repainted the engine bay before the swap and don't want to redo that. They are doing the paint job windows out, doors off doing the jams etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Staszek View Post

Yes, there was a guy who ran a group by on this board YEARS ago when you could still get new ones from Germany. He had one left, I got a brand new set with all the mounting hardware etc still in original packaging. Tags still on the side skirts, stickers still on the other parts. It wasnt cheap but I didnt want aftermarket. The only thing that wasn't new that I had to get separately was the rear spoiler, bought and OE one that is being stripped.
            Congrats on the score, hope it all fits nicely and easily. Excited to see the finish product. Amazing how fast the parts just go NLA, and were living though it happening.

Whats after the MT2?

I was up above it, Now I'm down in it ~ Entropy - A Build thread.
            @Zakspeed_US

Comment

Originally posted by moatilliatta View Post

Congrats on the score, hope it all fits nicely and easily. Excited to see the finish product. Amazing how fast the parts just go NLA, and were living though it happening.

Whats after the MT2?
              Well your never really "done" lol but pretty much its just little things here and there, some tweaks to get it close to perfect as I can. The project will really be done except one larger thing the AC still isnt working right. I am going to tackle that this spring, it was hard to do last year since we moved.

Yea I was lucky on the MT2, it wasnt full NLA when I got it but some parts were starting to go like the rear valance. Now I think its impossible to get most of it new. Its been sitting in storage for 5 years waiting for me to get around to it lol!

Comment

Almost lost these in the move. Thank god I didnt I just looked them up and while they are not NLA they are $230 each now! I think I paid less than $240 for both of them when I got them 5 years ago.

Comment

So the work has finally started after a slight delay on the paint. So far just a little fixing of dings and stuff, and starting to strip the car (doors and windows out) before the paint job.Hopefully more updates soon. The goal is to have it complete by end of May.

Comment

A few more teaser updates.

Comment

Getting a car painted is fun and frustrating at the same time. Looking forward to the results of all this work.

Comment

Originally posted by mjweimer View Post
                        Getting a car painted is fun and frustrating at the same time. Looking forward to the results of all this work.
                        Yep, the cool part is since they took the car apart they found little things here and there (slight rust I didnt see when I fixed all the other stuff). Nothing really bad but the got to it before it could become bad. Its taking a long time but I am glad that they are being so thorough, my car will be in top shape when its done!

Comment

Few more updates, getting the primer done.

Comment

Getting closer! Cant wait to get this back on the road!

Comment

Looking good 👍

Advice - flattening the finish to lose the peel is a long, hard road. And, once you start anything that is not blocked flat stands out like you wouldn't believe. A good, overall covering of OEM style peel is so much easier (and cheaper if you're not doing the work) :)
                              88 325is. S54, CSL airbox, Motec M800, Motec C127, Motec PDM15, Stoptech STR, MCS 2 way coilovers, Forgeline wheels, Recaro SPA, Eisenmann, Personal, lots of custom.

90 318is. As new OEM+, BBS LM, AST 4210 2 way coilovers, Wilwood SL6R/SL4R, Dynaudio, Recaro Experts

Comment

Originally posted by burkey001 View Post
                                Looking good 👍

Advice - flattening the finish to lose the peel is a long, hard road. And, once you start anything that is not blocked flat stands out like you wouldn't believe. A good, overall covering of OEM style peel is so much easier (and cheaper if you're not doing the work) :)
                                I am the worst with paint so I kind of know what you are talking about but not really:) I am paying someone to do it it so we will see how it turns out. It wasn't cheap lol. They are painting the MTech II kit now to install in the final rebuild.

Comment

Working...
                                X