No announcement yet.

1990 325is restomod project aka "Klaus"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As all my IMGs are hosted on my server, any reference to the GEN 1 pic has been corrected as you will see in post 565

Comment

Originally posted by masterofnone View Post
      Untitled by Evan Nessim, on Flickr
      Really cool build!

Just to be sure:
      So it's possible to use pin 4 of the x60004 connector of ms43 (e39 530i)
      for a signal to trigger a relay which triggers a electric fan @200F? This without adding an additional temperature sensor.

I'm asking because I'm planning to use the e39 electric fan to cool down the radiator in a e30.
      M54B30 E30 build:
      https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=426585

Comment

Originally posted by maxpostma View Post
        Really cool build!

Just to be sure:
        for a signal to trigger a relay which triggers a electric fan @200F? This without adding an additional temperature sensor.

I'm asking because I'm planning to use the e39 electric fan to cool down the radiator in a e30.
        I think you need to ask R3Z3N, I believe you can you just need the file to have it programmed correctly.
        Euro Delivery Thread///E30 Project Klaus///COTM August 2021

Comment

Originally posted by maxpostma View Post
          Really cool build!

Just to be sure:

I know nothing of the MS43 ECU

Instead of using a relay for the main fan, use a PWM fan controlle IE:
          Reason being, the PWM will spin up the fan gently as to not draw huge amperage on start

Derale PWM Fan Controller

Last edited by R3Z3N; 02-22-2019, 11:55 PM.

Comment

Small update, the fans are now working. Not sure if the Can bus is working right yet but at this point, I just want to drive the car and figure that out later.

I took it for a nice rip around today, not far, just to test it out after alignment and I have a rubbing problem in the rear. Any time I load the car and it squats back the 225 tires are rubbing on the outer edge of the fenders.

I am running 16x8 Et23 with H&R Sport Springs, didnt have rubbing before, but I think now that all the weight is back in the car with the E36 M3 exhaust and the bigger battery I am just getting a slight rub. I also have thinner spring pads. I think I am going to go back to the thicker pads and probably a slight roll which I didnt necessarily want to do. But at this point, I can't even dyno the car because it will squat back during the hard acceleration.

That said the exhaust sounds awesome after I added the X Pipe. For those who didnt read back, I have Strasse Groupe Headers, to 2.25 inch dual section one with N54 Cats to a magnaflow X-Pipe back to dual 2.25 pipes into an e36 M3 exhaust.

Here is the video of me revving with the windows closed than open. Sounds way better if you have headphones on or on a computer, the iphone regular speakers suck.

Also a few pics of it sitting. I will say even with half throttle so I didnt rub bad the thing is crazy fast. I can start out in second and it feels like I am in first its so quick off the line.

Comment

Wow, the car is looking (and sounding) great! I envy the S54 swap- your car will be a blast. I rolled the rear on my setup (same wheels, but with a 215 instead of a 225).

Honestly if you take it slow and heat up the paint properly to avoid cracking it only takes a small bit of time with a roller to get the job done, and you can make it look factory-ish.
              1990 Brilliantrot 325iS Build Thread
              1989 Zinnoberrot M3 Build Thread

Comment

Originally posted by AWDBOB View Post
                Wow, the car is looking (and sounding) great! I envy the S54 swap- your car will be a blast. I rolled the rear on my setup (same wheels, but with a 215 instead of a 225).

Honestly if you take it slow and heat up the paint properly to avoid cracking it only takes a small bit of time with a roller to get the job done, and you can make it look factory-ish.
                Thanks, thats what I plan on doing. I mean the car is going to get repainted anyway when I put on the Mtech II kit, so for now I just want the thing driving well lol!

I will say WOW what a difference the ZHP steering rack makes. The car feels like a go cart, its so quick to turn.

Comment

Originally posted by Staszek View Post
                  Thanks, thats what I plan on doing. I mean the car is going to get repainted anyway when I put on the Mtech II kit, so for now I just want the thing driving well lol!

I will say WOW what a difference the ZHP steering rack makes. The car feels like a go cart, its so quick to turn.
                  Oh wow, I didn't realize you were going to paint and all that as well! Don't make it too nice or you won't drive it :D

Driving my car after the Z3 rack swap was amazing. Such an improvement in overall driving feel/experience.
                  1990 Brilliantrot 325iS Build Thread
                  1989 Zinnoberrot M3 Build Thread

Comment

Thumbs up!

Comment

Originally posted by AWDBOB View Post
                      Oh wow, I didn't realize you were going to paint and all that as well! Don't make it too nice or you won't drive it :D

Driving my car after the Z3 rack swap was amazing. Such an improvement in overall driving feel/experience.
                      Oh I have no fear of driving it lol!

Comment

That is an incredible "gift."Love the build and the nickname. Both superb. Good luck going forward I will be checking back!

Comment

Glad to see that it’s basically done. Have you considered going one step up to the H&R super sports? They are right in between the Sport and Race
                          Simon
                          Current Cars:
                          -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                            Glad to see that it’s basically done. Have you considered going one step up to the H&R super sports? They are right in between the Sport and Race
                            Maybe, I actually have the 3mm spring pads on the rear, I’m going to swap that to the 10mm ones. Plus a slight roll. It’s sits so nice now.

Comment

Originally posted by Staszek View Post
                              Small update, the fans are now working. Not sure if the Can bus is working right yet but at this point, I just want to drive the car and figure that out later.
                              With the usual S54 swap without the PWM fan, its best to put the MSS54/HP into Z3 chassis config which uses a dual relay setup like the E30. But with Garys solution or the one that Airventdisplay.no is coming out with, make sure your MSS54/HP is set for the default E46 chassis config.

Comment

The super sports are a lot softer of spring rate. I’d expect the rubbing issues to stay there if he went with the super sports or possibly get worse.

A little camber, roll the fenders, stronger springs. Call it a day

Comment

Working...
                                X