1990 325is restomod project aka "Klaus"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Staszek View Post
    Small update for anyone who still reads these. After years of fighting with the gpeterson canbus and multiple attempts to get the AC working consistently in my car I went in a different direction. The funny thing is when I removed the canbus it fixed a bunch of other little issues I was having with the car. It was a great idea with poor execution and no support.

I pulled all of it out and went with this product from Race German. https://racegerman.com/collections/e...-ac-module-kit

It cleaned up my wiring considerably, now my aux fan works in the OEM way and the AC turns on and off and blows cold consistently. $250 well spent!
    Ha, congrats. You just reminded me I need to get my A/C working for the summer!
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Staszek View Post
      Small update for anyone who still reads these. After years of fighting with the gpeterson canbus and multiple attempts to get the AC working consistently in my car I went in a different direction. The funny thing is when I removed the canbus it fixed a bunch of other little issues I was having with the car. It was a great idea with poor execution and no support.

I pulled all of it out and went with this product from Race German. https://racegerman.com/collections/e...-ac-module-kit

It cleaned up my wiring considerably, now my aux fan works in the OEM way and the AC turns on and off and blows cold consistently. $250 well spent!
      Dude! I literally have had the gpeterson canbus thing in a box for years. My A/C has always worked but the one issue I have is the idle is doesn't bump so it wants to die everytime I come to a stoplight. Does the Race German setup solve for that too? If so, this is a huge find!
      Build Thread: Ryan's Hennarot 318is
      COTM Aug 2019

Comment

Originally posted by rjmcdermott81 View Post

Dude! I literally have had the gpeterson canbus thing in a box for years. My A/C has always worked but the one issue I have is the idle is doesn't bump so it wants to die everytime I come to a stoplight. Does the Race German setup solve for that too? If so, this is a huge find!
        I believe so, at idle you can feel it drop a bit but it stays high enough to not stall out.
        Euro Delivery Thread///E30 Project Klaus///COTM August 2021

Comment

Working...
        X