Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Let's make an E30 M3! (M3 S14 cabrio clone project)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

if thats the case, I guess this will be the easiest way for getting all the parts to make a vert m3. my guess is shipping would be a bit high from AUS.

http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/campbelltown/other-parts-accessories/bmw-e30-m3-parts/1111129705

Iron Joe, can you keep me in the loop as to whether you actually get your hands on the proper skirts and wings?

Originally posted by UNHCLL View Post
    FYI - You will most likely NOT be able to buy the Cabrio front fenders or sideskirts.
    BMW will require a copy of a valid current registration and copy of a drivers license for a vehicle originally outfitted with those parts before they ship them to the USA.

ECS will not be able to deliver. They just take the entire ETK catalogue and put it on their site with pricing. It doesn't mean they can actually source said parts.

-Chris

Comment

All those parts look like they came from the same car. Jesus, did he hack apart an m3 for this project?
      AWD > RWD

Comment

Originally posted by Kershaw View Post
        All those parts look like they came from the same car. Jesus, did he hack apart an m3 for this project?
        Think you may have missed that the original m3 was totaled :( RIP e30M3
        -Christian

'02 ///M3 CarbonSchwartz 6MT daily beast
        08/91 Mtechnic II 325IC alpine/lotus
        318iS, slow build/garage queen...
        '37 Chevy pickup, the über project
        Originally posted by roguetoaster
        Be sure to remind them that the M42 is one of the best engines ever made, but be sure to not mention where it actually falls on that list.

Comment

Thanks to a generous and helpful forum member I now have a rear bumper! It needs a bit of work but it was really the last piece of the puzzle. I'm so excited :devil:

Originally posted by UNHCLL View Post
          FYI - You will most likely NOT be able to buy the Cabrio front fenders or sideskirts.
          BMW will require a copy of a valid current registration and copy of a drivers license for a vehicle originally outfitted with those parts before they ship them to the USA.

ECS will not be able to deliver. They just take the entire ETK catalogue and put it on their site with pricing. It doesn't mean they can actually source said parts.

-Chris
          Got the sideskirts! Just waiting on the vert front fenders and I should be set.

'89 Schwarz E30 M3 Cabriolet Build

Comment

Lol!
            Boris - 89 E30 325i
            84- E30 323i

Comment

Oh snap! someone just got proved partially wrong!
              Dumpster Fire Pilot

Comment

Ooh, didn't mean it to come off that way. Just wanted folks to know they are available. I did not order these particular items from ECS, these were direct from BMW, but I have been able to get other "euro" parts from them without issue, like the quarter panels.
                Last edited by IronJoe; 05-01-2016, 09:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by IronJoe View Post
                  Ooh, didn't mean it to come off that way. Just wanted folks to know they are available. I did not order these particular items from ECS, these were direct from BMW, but I have been able to get other "euro" parts from them without issue, like the quarter panels.
                  Badass, i will have to get them while I can, can you post when the fenders come in?

Comment

Originally posted by delamaize View Post
                    Oh snap! someone just got proved partially wrong!
                    In a case like this, I'll happily be proven wrong.

Originally posted by IronJoe View Post
                    Your dealer is doing something "right" to be able to make that work - but I suspect they'll get their hands slapped by corporate at some point. Take advantage while you can, and don't publicize their name. ;)
                    Below the radar...

Comment

oooo this is gonna be good :popcorn:

Comment

Here is some inspiration:

Last edited by Javier h; 05-05-2016, 08:12 AM.

Comment

good lord this is great. subd
                          i love bmws

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Originally posted by Javier h View Post
                            Wow. That looks amazing. Thank you for the link!

Comment

the dash on that m3 cabby is grey. i've never seen that before.
                              sigpic
                              Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
                              92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
                              88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
                              88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
                              87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
                              12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

glad to see parts of the M3 will live on. cool project.

The Build:
                                http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=191125

Comment

Working...
                                X