Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

23 minutes till BaT auction ends.

Comment

Looks like you had a nice finish at the end! Not sure where you wanted to be but looks good.
      Euro Delivery Thread///E30 Project Klaus///COTM August 2021

Comment

The last few minutes were exciting! Are you happy with the sale price?
        1990 Brilliantrot 325iS Build Thread
        1989 Zinnoberrot M3 Build Thread

Comment

Originally posted by R3Z3N
          I had a reserve of 18. I spent 27k documented. More undocumented. I'm happy yet bittersweet. I sold it solely because the autox scene here died, but I have a 125cc kart., and my wife and I want to pay cash for a house. Priorities change.
          Well at least you got most of our investment back. I know I wont get mine but if I got close and enjoyed the car I would be happy.

Comment

2/3 of your money back isnt bad, usually its 1/2 at best
            Simon
            Current Cars:
            -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Congrats on the auction Justin! The stories you have for your kiddos are priceless in comparison to the sell of the E30. Im sure it will inspire them to create something of their own one day.

Comment

Thanks guys! Definitely bittersweet, but I am unable to drive the car to it's limits because the events around here have disappeared, then I don't have much desire for a sporty car. This car feels best at the limit, feeling like your on frosted concrete with flats on.

For anyone else, I am always willing to try to help with coding, or explain more in detail should I be able to provide it, but as I will no longer own an E30, I am sure I will fade from the forums. Now off to the 3rd Gen 4runner forums where I don't care about having a dirty, scratched vehicle.

Comment

Thanks for your contributions to the E30 community! I enjoyed following this build thread.

Comment

masterofnone I still want to see yours completed!

Comment

• masterofnone
                      masterofnone commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Gah! Sorry Im terrible at keeping the thread updated... Ive been starting to take side jobs to ultimately open a shop in the near future. The car is running very well and is a riot as im sure you are familiar! I agree with the fact that its almost too much for casual street use, cant wait to get to the track but still getting familiar with the car. Just passed 1000 miles last weekend on the rebuild! If you want to see some up to date pictures check out my IG @littlebuddysspeedshop

So BaT screwed up. Neither buyer or I were able to contact each other till yesterday. Attempts at calls and emails were ignored. I didn't want to share my email in the BaT comments as I had a couple aggressive people contact me during the auction.

Comment

Originally posted by R3Z3N View Post
                      So BaT screwed up. Neither buyer or I were able to contact each other till yesterday. Attempts at calls and emails were ignored. I didn't want to share my email in the BaT comments as I had a couple aggressive people contact me during the auction.
                      So is it all good now?

Comment

Looks like it will be!

Comment

Well for the first time I heard what my car sounds like from the exterior with my own ears instead of a video, as it drove away with the new owner. It took me 3 tries to get home as I contemplated what this means for my life now.

Comment

What do you mean by aggressive BaT people? Were the purists grabbing pitchforks and trying to find where you live? XD

Comment

Some of the emails or calls I got were just downright rude or trying to convince me it would never sell, so call them when it doesn't hit reserve. I played nice, but deleted their info .

Comment

Working...
                              X