Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LowR3V'in
    replied
    your car looks like 120% more fancy now in that color.

Leave a comment:

• adam.nonis
    replied
    Let me show you a magic trick. How to make a freshly minted airdam disappear...............poof

[emoji38] I know, sure isn’t much to see. But it fits better, it’s stronger and when I eventually get around to trimming out the license opening to allow more airflow, it’ll look better then.

Leave a comment:

• adam.nonis
    replied
    *!Build of the year candidate!* Strange PNW Build: E30+Volvo

Originally posted by jeenyus View Post
    The picture of it fit on the car makes it look not quite wide enough. Is that just because of how it was test fit?

There’s a lip that it attaches to. So it’s not as wide as the fenders, but it’s also made to fit behind the factory bumper. Which sits under that flange too.

Leave a comment:

• jeenyus
    replied
    The picture of it fit on the car makes it look not quite wide enough. Is that just because of how it was test fit?

Leave a comment:

• adam.nonis
    replied
    My iPd airdam has been cut to within an inch of its life and I never liked how much I had to trim it to use it AND a front bumper so I made my own. Also added some built in oil cooler clearance a la Porsche 911 RSR (not that close, but that’s my story and I’m sticking to it). Probably the heaviest mold I’ve ever made. 7” thick worth of 3/4” MDF cut to 6’ x 1’ I missed taking photos of a couple steps and I’m pretty sure the GoPro locked up and didn’t record any of it. Oh well. The flares on the edges look a bit extreme, but I’m thinking once the bumper is back on it might not look that bad.

Also, were these always color matched on the wagons?

Leave a comment:

• adam.nonis
    replied

Leave a comment:

• LateFan
    replied
    It’s crispy!

Leave a comment:

• adam.nonis
    replied
    Originally posted by gnmzl View Post
    Beautiful! The nose shot kind of shows how the color changes in shade and in light. I love it and really happy you went with that color.

The color is exactly what I wanted. It has taken some getting used to though, since it was the other color for soo long.

Leave a comment:

• gnmzl
    replied
    Beautiful! The nose shot kind of shows how the color changes in shade and in light. I love it and really happy you went with that color.

Leave a comment:

• adam.nonis
    replied
    Not much in the way of big steps, but it’s getting down to the wire, so if I can just get a couple things done each day, I’ll probably make it?

I think tomorrow after work I can get the taillights, mid windows and side markers in. Then it’ll be all sealed up again.

Leave a comment:

• LowR3V'in
    replied
    clearly the best wagon of that group

Leave a comment:

• rzerob
    replied
    Originally posted by ForcedFirebird View Post
    Neat trick for fixing runs...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mn6nPky0HGs
    Adding this to my arsenal. I can't believe it.

Leave a comment:

• adam.nonis
    replied
    Originally posted by Jokester View Post
    voted for you.

you should go back to the same location and take the same photo after all of the body work is complete, it would be a cool comparison to show off your work.

Great idea! That’s the location of PNW Wagonfest later this year. Should be able to do it!

Leave a comment:

• Jokester
    replied
    voted for you.

you should go back to the same location and take the same photo after all of the body work is complete, it would be a cool comparison to show off your work.

Leave a comment:

• parkerbink
    replied
    sorry about the job, great work on the car. I voted for you.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X