Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

*!Build of the year candidate!* Strange PNW Build: E30+Volvo

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    On my '92 I had an in tank pump on the passenger side & the sender on the driver side fwiw.

    [IMG]https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/my350z.com-vbulletin/550x225/80-parkerbsig_5096690e71d912ec1addc4a84e99c374685fc03 8.jpg[/IMG

    Comment


      Originally posted by parkerbink View Post
      On my '92 I had an in tank pump on the passenger side & the sender on the driver side fwiw.
      In the US, there's a few configurations between two different tanks/chassis.

      318's didn't have a passenger access hole, and have only one hole in the tank. Single high pressure pump with sender attached to carrier, return line sends to the fuel pump carrier.

      Early tanks have an internal pump/sender on the passenger side sending low pressure fuel to an external pump under the car. Driver side is sender only. Return is into pump carrier.

      Late large capacity tanks have internal high pressure pump on the passenger side and a sender only on the passenger side. Return is to the bottom of the tank, driver side, with a suction tube to transfer fuel to the other side of the saddle.
      john@m20guru.com
      Links:
      Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

      Comment


        Nothing new to add right now. Was traveling for work. Buddy of mine made me a solid copper shift knob. Time to get cracking with the copper accents. My favorite.

        Comment




          Any updates on this?

          Comment


            *!Build of the year candidate!* Strange PNW Build: E30+Volvo

            Originally posted by iXguido View Post
            Any updates on this?


            I’ve got V1 in my car now, but I used the wrong suede. I used some with backing, so it bunched around the inside. I started V2 with the correct suede, but it’s not done yet.

            Comment


              Comment


                So, since I needed to replace the radiator anyway, I figure it’s time to upgrade to the full width. That being said, I probably should’ve measured a full width before I made the core support. So, I trimmed and fit, trimmed and fit. I got it in place, but I realized I have no idea how the full width radiator mounts so I started making my own. I made a pair of floating mounts then poured silicone around them to create custom fit isolators. Next on the problem list is the late model hard coolant “tube” that crosses behind the fan. The early timing cover doesn’t have the bosses to mount it. I pulled the cap, rotor and backing plate so I could see down in there, then drilled and tapped it to add a spacer/bolt. I also sanded/powder coated the tube and brackets. No “sexy” pics today.



                Oh, I threaded the shifter stalk and added the copper shift knob.

                Comment


                  Got the full width radiator in. Added a couple new lower mounts that didn’t exist. Threw in some copper hard lines. Eventually there’ll be more copper accents in the bay.



                  New radiator hoses and expansion tank are on my short list.

                  Comment


                    Adam reached out to me about bringing the car to the E30 Picnic on June 24. With all the E30 DNA in the project, the answer is of course, yes! So anyone going to the E30 Picnic will be able to see Adam's awesome project in person on the lawn.

                    E30 Picnic web site: www.E30Picnic.com
                    Lance Richert '88 M3, #35 PRO3, i3 etc.
                    www.LanceRichertArchitect.com

                    2019 E30 Picnic Weekend: June 22-23 2019

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by adam.nonis View Post
                      So, since I needed to replace the radiator anyway, I figure it’s time to upgrade to the full width. That being said, I probably should’ve measured a full width before I made the core support. So, I trimmed and fit, trimmed and fit. I got it in place, but I realized I have no idea how the full width radiator mounts so I started making my own. I made a pair of floating mounts then poured silicone around them to create custom fit isolators. Next on the problem list is the late model hard coolant “tube” that crosses behind the fan. The early timing cover doesn’t have the bosses to mount it. I pulled the cap, rotor and backing plate so I could see down in there, then drilled and tapped it to add a spacer/bolt. I also sanded/powder coated the tube and brackets. No “sexy” pics today.



                      Oh, I threaded the shifter stalk and added the copper shift knob.

                      the crown shift boot is sweet...but
                      perhaps matt-b needs a call...
                      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                      '90 325i sedan daily driven
                      '85 325e coupe also a daily

                      Comment


                        I know it’s dumb, but I couldn’t resist freshening up something real quick. I like clean parts, plus the tabs were broken on the old one.

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by cheffy30 View Post
                          the crown shift boot is sweet...but
                          perhaps matt-b needs a call...


                          Matt-B??

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by adam.nonis View Post
                            Matt-B??
                            http://www.2mshiftboots.com/

                            Matt-B is his S/N here....
                            Dumpster Fire Pilot

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by delamaize View Post
                              http://www.2mshiftboots.com/



                              Matt-B is his S/N here....


                              Gotcha. I’m pretty sure I can handle making a boot. This was just a spur of the moment thing.

                              Comment


                                These wound up being disasters. I know how to make the second batch better though. I made them out of aluminum thinking I’d be able to load the powdercoat in the recesses and have an enameled look. Didn’t work at all. New ones will be plastic w/powder coated inserts.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X