*!Build of the year candidate!* Strange PNW Build: E30+Volvo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by flyboyx View Post
    i think its the 173 that people want for purposes of installing a chip.

Yeah. 073 is a grey market euro DME for the M20B25 w/high compression. I don’t know if any of that is important, but I’ve seen that 073 DMEs are getting pretty rare.

Comment

I could be wrong since I’m the new guy here, but that’s from all the info I can find (and understand). I’m basing my info off of this:

Plus 073 DME and no cold start injector on the motor. If there’s something else I should check to verify, I will.

Comment

Comment

Since I was on a fact finding mission. Open diff:

Comment

Originally posted by adam.nonis View Post
            Since I was on a fact finding mission. Open diff:
            Yeah but it is a 3.64, that is a good ratio. After seeing everything else you have done I can't believe you would have trouble dropping in a limited slip quaife.
            How to remove, install or convert to pop out windows
            http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=297611

Could be better, could be worse.

Comment

How in the HELL have I missed this build. Inspirational is an understatement - you're doing the lord's work. As a die-hard Volvo (first) and BMW fan since birth, watching this build extremely closely.

Also - sorry for going there, but would you mind sharing some more thorough pics & details on your P2 XC? We have an 02 V70XC that my family bought new in Gothenburg and is currently being driven into the ground by my sister. I have dreams of M66 swapping it (maybe full R drive train if I'm lucky in finding a salvage title / donor).

Sina

1991 BMW 318i (Old Shell RIP, Now Being Re-shelled & Reborn)
              1983 Peugeot 505 STI
              1992 Volvo 240 Wagon
              2009 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Sport 4WD

Comment

*!Build of the year candidate!* Strange PNW Build: E30+Volvo

Originally posted by freeride53 View Post
                How in the HELL have I missed this build. Inspirational is an understatement - you're doing the lord's work. As a die-hard Volvo (first) and BMW fan since birth, watching this build extremely closely.

Also - sorry for going there, but would you mind sharing some more thorough pics & details on your P2 XC? We have an 02 V70XC that my family bought new in Gothenburg and is currently being driven into the ground by my sister. I have dreams of M66 swapping it (maybe full R drive train if I'm lucky in finding a salvage title / donor).

Sina

Sure...

When I bought it

Then, one of the first things I did was the R Brembo brakes and lowered it using V70R control arms, struts, tie rods and iPd lowering springs

Built my own oval tube exhaust

Some interior bits (including the spaceball automatic trim)

The first wrap in satin pearl white (which included smoothing all the plastics)

Then came the R bumper mods, new wheels and wrap in gloss grey

Not shown for the sake of time are:
                -BC coilovers
                -R steering wheel
                -S80 black watch dial instrument cluster
                -Cluster bezel gauge pod (boost)
                -iPd tune
                -iPd silicone charge piping
                -Tinted taillights
                -EST spoiler
                -Suede headliner
                -Smoothed R engine covers
                -Vented engine coil covers
                -Carbon air inlet
                -3” catless downpipe
                -S60 mirror swap

Comment

i bought a motronic 1.0 325ix with the dirty 'euro' m20b25 motor. It was an '86 production year but had 9.7:1 pistons and the 073 35 pin ecu. I upgraded to m1.3 but still have the ecu and engine harness and pistons
                  318iS Track Rat :nice: www.drive4corners.com
                  '86 325iX 3.1 Stroker Turbo '86 S38B36 325

No one makes this car anymore. The government won't allow them, normal people won't buy them. So it's up to us: the freaks, the weirdos, the informed. To buy them, to appreciate them, and most importantly, to drive them.

Comment

Times like these when it’s tough to have a project car and no garage. Ugh.

Comment

Man, what a build! Your fabrication/crafting skills! Really enjoying your progression.

Comment

Originally posted by adam.nonis View Post
                        Times like these when it’s tough to have a project car and no garage. Ugh.
                        Im shocked you havent built a garage
                        Simon
                        Current Cars:
                        -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                          Im shocked you havent built a garage

No more available space for building footprint on my property. City of Seattle code. We just had our house completely remodeled and I had the architect look into it. Best I can do (maybe), and still probably will do, is build a permanent roof structure so I don’t have to keep putting up/taking down my pop up tent. If I read the code correctly, I believe I can have an open air carport. As long as it’s under 120 sq ft I don’t need a permit.

Comment

That sux. 120 sq feet is like 10x12. Hardly big enough to get a car under.

Can you do the 10x12 and then later add another 10x12 behind it? Maybe add a side wall when no one is looking? Perhaps a back wall a little Later? Wink wink?

Do you have access to drive into your back yard where you can erect something city officials cannot see?

10x24 would be a good work space.
                            sigpic
                            Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
                            92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
                            88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
                            88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
                            87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
                            12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

Originally posted by flyboyx View Post
                              That sux. 120 sq feet is like 10x12. Hardly big enough to get a car under.

Can you do the 10x12 and then later add another 10x12 behind it? Maybe add a side wall when no one is looking? Perhaps a back wall a little Later? Wink wink?

Do you have access to drive into your back yard where you can erect something city officials cannot see?

10x24 would be a good work space.

Just barely a walkway on either side of the house.

I think I could build a bigger carport, I would just need permits and drawings so it gets more expensive. My neighbors love me. A) I’m the fix everything/hang my TV/borrow a tool guy. Plus with our remodel, I upped everyone’s home values.

It’ll work out eventually. My wife really wants to move. We are pretty cramped since we took in the foster kid. She’s well aware that any home purchase requires a garage moving forward

Comment

Setup my heater and got some stuff done today. There’s always one thing leads to another with this project. Had to make a new fuse box mount. Got the drivers side of the bay painted (it’s not dry yet cause of the temps....brrrrrrrr, so I didn’t take final pics).

I also decided to cut new grille plates. Just finished deburring them. Need to bend the tops and paint them black. I wanted something just a bit different than stock.

Comment

Working...
                                X