• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was intending on ordering one for my project. Perhaps not now
    sigpic

(clicky on piccy to get to thread)

Comment

The steering coupler on airbag cars has been NLA for awhile now, it may come back available but who knows. I had two good used ones, and I vapor honed the best one.

Looks damn near new.

E30 ABS Pump Refurbishment Service
      https://mtechniqueauto.com/

Comment

i'd hate to know how much that paint work is gonna be O.O
        1990 325is
        m52b28
        3.73lsd
        g260 (1987 325is 5spd tranny)

Comment

Originally posted by TeXJ View Post
          i'd hate to know how much that paint work is gonna be O.O
          One ocd restored & rebuilt S14 drivetrain?

[IMG]https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/my350z.com-vbulletin/550x225/80-parkerbsig_5096690e71d912ec1addc4a84e99c374685fc03 8.jpg[/IMG

Comment

Originally posted by parkerbink View Post
            One ocd restored & rebuilt S14 drivetrain?
            haha
            1990 325is
            m52b28
            3.73lsd
            g260 (1987 325is 5spd tranny)

Comment

Preparing bits and bobs to take with me to Imperial Collison the day after Christmas so I can get the chassis down on its suspension.

Fuel tank with new fuel pump, sender, all new OE soft lines, Oetiker clamps throughout and some foam to replace the stuff thats long gone.

Fuel filter carrier.

Rear subframe side plate hardware

Steering knuckle, shaft, upper and lower column, NOS MTech 2 steering wheel.

Last edited by Jordan; 12-25-2018, 10:08 AM.

Comment

Hmmm makes me wonder, since when I replaced my fuel tank with an aftermarket one I have a humm coming from my fuel pump. I don't think I used the foam as the original one crumbled to pieces. Could this be the cause of the vibration..?

Did tou paint those hex screws for the rear subframe hardware
                1990 325iX Touring - November 2018 R3V Car Of The Month

1980 Volkswagen Golf mk1 1.1
                1974 BMW 2002 Touring

Instagram

Comment

I rather doubt it, the hum is almost certainly from the pump itself. Is it a genuine VDO pump or any number of aftermarket options. All the cheapie pumps I've installed were much louder than stock, and the original VDO comes with a 4mm thick closed cell foam rubber sleeve over the pump body for noise attenuation.

The Wife's F25 loaded up with all the E30 parts needed for tomorrow. Complete front and rear suspension assemblies, fuel/brake lines, complete fuel tank, differential, four brake rotors, steering column, steering wheel, all of the individual bagged hardware assortments, and of course the tools needed for installation.

All four tires laminated with shrink wrap so the tires don't get dirty rolling over body shop dust.

Then a restored M3 header, muffler and differential to drop off while I'm there.

Comment

Beautiful work. I've been thinking about replacing fuel lines as I have a bit of gas smell escaping somewhere. Seeing your tank all prepared is definitely my goals.

Instagram: Reichart12

Comment

Impeccable work Jordan. I followed the last build too and absolutely love the attention to detail in your work.

I see that you installed the control arm bushings prior to install of the subframe. Do you have a trick to clocking these or do you use a non-drying lube? I was thinking of doing similar pre-assembly on my project.

Thanks,

MJ

Comment

Originally posted by Jordan View Post
                        I rather doubt it, the hum is almost certainly from the pump itself. Is it a genuine VDO pump or any number of aftermarket options. All the cheapie pumps I've installed were much louder than stock, and the original VDO comes with a 4mm thick closed cell foam rubber sleeve over the pump body for noise attenuation.
                        It's the same pump as before, it didn't have the hum before the swap though.
                        1990 325iX Touring - November 2018 R3V Car Of The Month

1980 Volkswagen Golf mk1 1.1
                        1974 BMW 2002 Touring

Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by freeride53 View Post
                          Lovely - but I don't like how seeing this makes me feel like my upcoming doors/glass-out paint job still won't be enough. Sigh. Oh well, I'll just sit back and watch this.
                          This. I get that feeling a lot. lol

Comment

Had a very productive day up at Imperial Collision today putting everything on the car and ultimately lowering it down and off the rotisserie for the first time in over a year.

Fuel and brake lines installed:

Fuel tank mounted up:

Add one fuel filter assembly:

Hello there swaybar:

Front subframe, steering rack and control arms installed as an assembly:

Add a strut:

Rear subframe, trailing arms and axles installed as an assembly:

Add some LSD pumpkin spice:

Rear shock mount poking through into the impeccably finished trunk compartment:

Flipped right side up for rotor installation:

Steering linkage (nevermind the missing pipe on the rack I'm waiting on from Germany)

Steering column installed:

and that is all she wrote for today!

Comment

WOW! Crazy how fast everything can come together with proper planning.
                              Steve • Toronto
                              1991 318is • Brillantrot
                              Build Thread

Comment

Beautiful work. You should stroke the M42 going in the car.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
                                '91 318i (Alpine) - daily
                                '88 325ix (Zinno) - drive here and there!

Comment

Working...
                                X