No announcement yet.

m30b35 Backyard budget ITB's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So I just got back from yet again an amazing time at The Vintage 2018- for those who done know its the largest gathering of vintage BMW in the country. 750+ in the small mountain town of Hot Springs NC. always a great time to see friends and cars. needed the break from work :)
    Click image for larger version

Name:	image5.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	122.6 KB
ID:	7196902

Name:	vintage.jpg
Size:	107.8 KB
ID:	7196903

Comment

while there I got to met up with my fabricator (hey victor) and pick up my flanges, did a little mock at work and looks like they came out flawlessly. will do a full mock up once I catch back up with some things. all that's left now to do is build the throttle linkage and try to do some in car mocking to assure it all fits!

Name:	image1.jpg
Size:	51.9 KB
ID:	7196904

Name:	image2.jpg
Size:	60.9 KB
ID:	7196905

Name:	image3.jpg
Size:	63.7 KB
ID:	7196906

Name:	image4.jpg
Size:	74.2 KB
ID:	7196907

Comment

looking good man!
        1990 325is
        m52b28
        3.73lsd
        g260 (1987 325is 5spd tranny)

Comment

Heck yeah man I'm ready to see this
          e30Ls1 Swap IG: 1dirty30

Comment

Couldn’t resist, threw them together with some zip ties as I haven’t sourced hardware yet. Still need to grind a little off the sides of the flanges as I drew them slightly larger than the intake itself- still need to get intake gaskets and some ring clamps. But I think it’s gonna look sweet!

Name:	6BEA7B34-7B8E-4A36-B541-089351A09C5B.jpg
Size:	44.7 KB
ID:	7196915

Comment

duuuhuuuuuuuuude! this is gonna look damn good.
              1984 Delphin 318i 2 door

Comment

Had a Shark stop in the shop today asking for ITB so wheels are turning! Thanks for the posts!
                john@m20guru.com
                Links:
                Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

This is pretty awesome to watch develop.
                  1991 325i - "Scambles" The Daily Driven lightly modded.
                  1988 Mazda RX-7 TII "Mako" The Free Dorito
                  bacon by Jared Laabs, on Flickr

Comment

boomp
                    1990 Brilliantrot 325iS Build Thread
                    1989 Zinnoberrot M3 Build Thread

Comment

Any updates/videos on this project?

Comment

So, it's been 5 years since I last updated this thread, I've since been in Texas started doing Avionics on fighter jets started my career and "adult Life" sigh... Sold this car, bought an m30 turbo car, started rebuilding it, sold that. Bought an LS got 75% of the way there and life kept intervening. sold all my e30 stuff and the LS car. now, 5 years later I find myself with an early model 325...and an m30b35.

I never sold the ITBS... so...I may go down the rabbit hole once more. I left off near completion, only needing to design a throttle cable/lever assembly and it could have been mounted to a car. I would love to finish this project, just to say that I did so. I will update you all again sometime in the near future. re reading this inspired me to pick it back up again, now with a real job, and much more life experiences its more feasible to complete the project. I will be getting the swap car running and driving in the next month or two, once ironed out, I'll take a look at making this work. for those that subbed, I hope this bump from the dead finds you well.

Comment

Sweet man! I like watching your videos on IG. You should really get a YT channel and document the build in video. I'd watch it.
                          1990 325is
                          m52b28
                          3.73lsd
                          g260 (1987 325is 5spd tranny)

Comment

Thanks man! I've considered it, it's such an easier platform on Instagram, but it's something I think about daily. I figure I should show the new build, picked up in Dallas, sitting for years straight out of the 90s. Full early Zender kit, tri spoke wheels and all. Because of this I'm going to keep it period correct, and the m30 is the obvious choice. the goal for this project is a drift car I can still drive around town. Seat time is the goal, the less time the car is on jackstands the better. Click image for larger version

Name:	image0 (2).jpg
Views:	112
Size:	147.5 KB
ID:	10107575

Comment

Working...
                            X