No announcement yet.

Melon's E30 Build.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Braking is a lot better, much easier to modulate.
    Pedal is a little softer than I'd like, so I'll re-bleed everything tomorrow.
    I do things.

Comment

Switched my Corvette and E30 to Hagerty classic car insurance. Way more coverage, for $650 less a year.
      I do things.

Comment

Originally posted by Melon View Post
        Switched my Corvette and E30 to Hagerty classic car insurance. Way more coverage, for $650 less a year.
        How was the process, I am about to move my E30 to Hagerty from Progressive since the swap is done.
        Euro Delivery Thread///E30 Project Klaus///COTM August 2021

Comment

Originally posted by Staszek View Post
          How was the process, I am about to move my E30 to Hagerty from Progressive since the swap is done.

Same here I have Esurance and paying $600 a year for state min coverage :/

Comment

Glad you asked. I was in the same boat, Progressive customer. I filled out online forms, called to ask some questions and voila, it was pretty easy. Hagerty's website kinds sucks, links didn't work, pages didn't load, and it's cumbersome. I'm used to Progressive where I can edit my policy easily, but all in all I'm really happy. For example, I paid the $45 to be in the Hagerty club, but the website shows I haven't paid, I'll call if it's not corrected in a few days.

100/300/100 Coverage
            $0 Deductible
            $10,000 declared value on both vehicles

They ask for mileage but the guy on the phone said it went on the honor system. Both vehicles are garage kept. I didn't even need to send them photos, just filled out an application and was approved. I already have my ID cards, and cancelled my Progressive policy.
            I do things.

Comment

+1 for Hagerty, they’re way better on the phone.

Ezekiel 25:17
              Current flame: E30 318iS Alpinweiss II slicktop / LSD - Joanne
              The old man: 1970 2002 Polaris(ish) slicktop / rat rod - Wallace
              The ex: E92 335i 6MT M-Sport - Betty
              The heavy: 2001 4Runner SR5 Sport (3rd Gen) - Fred

Comment

So if you're using Hagerty the cars cant be daily driven, mileage restrictions?
                1990 325is
                m52b28
                3.73lsd
                g260 (1987 325is 5spd tranny)

Comment

Originally posted by TeXJ View Post
                  So if you're using Hagerty the cars cant be daily driven, mileage restrictions?
                  I did let them know I drive my cars to work occasionally. As far as mileage restrictions, they said it's the honor system, lol. So, no restrictions.
                  I do things.

Comment

noice

I worry that I wont get near enough for my e30 if I do have an accident.
                    1990 325is
                    m52b28
                    3.73lsd
                    g260 (1987 325is 5spd tranny)

Comment

Originally posted by Melon View Post

100/300/100 Coverage
                      $0 Deductible
                      $10,000 declared value on both vehicles

Just $10k? I would be thinking double that.
                      1991 318iC
                      1989 325i Field Rescue

Comment

Originally posted by TeXJ View Post
                        noice

I worry that I wont get near enough for my e30 if I do have an accident.
                        100% share the concern.

Originally posted by Poorhouse View Post
                        Just $10k? I would be thinking double that.
                        If my paint was fucking perfect, it would be worth more, but as it is, 10k is a fair price I think.
                        I do things.

Comment

I’ve wrecked an E30 with Allstate and one with Hagerty (both not my fault). Regular insurance companies don’t value these cars near anything what they are worth. I had to battle to get 75% of the value on my 325is and that was a relatively cheap car ~5k. Hagerty wrote an 8k check with no complaints to a body shop to fix my next e30 when someone backed into it. The process is super painless to change the values too. As I fixed up my e30 I just kept submitting value increases on the website. No real justification needed.

Declared value is the way to go IMO.
                          Build Thread: Ryan's Hennarot 318is
                          COTM Aug 2019

Comment

Originally posted by rjmcdermott81 View Post
                            I’ve wrecked an E30 with Allstate and one with Hagerty (both not my fault). Regular insurance companies don’t value these cars near anything what they are worth. I had to battle to get 75% of the value on my 325is and that was a relatively cheap car ~5k. Hagerty wrote an 8k check with no complaints to a body shop to fix my next e30 when someone backed into it. The process is super painless to change the values too. As I fixed up my e30 I just kept submitting value increases on the website. No real justification needed.

Declared value is the way to go IMO.
                            I am doing declared, only $10k? I would think you have more than that into the car, I am going higher lol!
                            Euro Delivery Thread///E30 Project Klaus///COTM August 2021

Comment

I've always wondered how best to insure the car, the drivers in Raleigh have gotten me nervous on a many occasions. I'll have to look into this, thanks guys!
                              '86 325e Zinnoberrot /// '02 325ci Schwarz II /// '18 M4 Azurite Black Metallic ///

Albie325 Build Thread | Albie325 COTM Jan 2021

Comment

I am doing declared, only $10k? I would think you have more than that into the car, I am going higher lol!
                                Yeah, I have more in it, but that's about what I would hope to get if I sold it.
                                If the paint was perfect it would be closer to 12-15k.
                                I do things.

Comment

Working...
                                X