Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AC died so I removed it. with everything I've removed the car should weigh 2640lbs.

7speedshop.com

Comment

Change the oil for what it was suppose to be. I was running 10w40
      since I got the car. Now its back to 20w50

Comment

bolted the seats back in, put the drivers knee bolster in, and the center console, i started to put the glove box back in but it got dark and i lost interest, i have a few odds and ends to tie up but for the most part i can drive it on the road sans a few bulbs and a muffler hanger (only thing i broke on the way out, its hanging buy MG muffler hangers now....ie coat hangers...

Comment

Originally posted by kamotors View Post
          AC died so I removed it. with everything I've removed the car should weigh 2640lbs.
          Take it to a shop and put it on scales.
          Mtech1 v8 build thread - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=413205

OEM v8 manual chip or dme - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4938827

Comment

Put in new rear pad.

Noticed that my subframe is cracked at the mounting bushing. :(

Comment

Originally posted by Jean View Post
              Take it to a shop and put it on scales.
              I know, it was just an estimate, I weighed everything I removed on a scale and then just subtracted it from 2800. I did get a little carried away and removed a lot but I can always put it back. no rear seats, no tar,no tools,no spare, no insulation anywhere,no AC, foam removed from inside all door card things, no washer system, electric fan,no trim in trunk, and so on. realistically the car probably weighs more than 2800 stock, but I did weigh everything I removed because it's sitting in the corner of my room;)

today I prepped my IS lip for paint

7speedshop.com

Comment

New front rotors and pads. No more shimmy!

Comment

I just kept breaking in the supercharger, and letting the tune and ECU do their best to power this beast. Dyno time soon.
                  My previous build (currently E30-less)
                  http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=170390

A 2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4x4 Offroad in Inferno is my newest obsession

Comment

euro grills on the is
                    | '89 M3 | '93 M5 | '03 X5 4.6is | '03 325i | '87 190e 2.3-16 |

Comment

Drove it today for the first time since getting back from the Picnic (Monday), and had much fun. Also bought new stainless allen head cap screws for the centercaps, cleaned the ACT emblems up, and installed the centercaps.

Next is rear wheel bearings, and rear subframe/trailing arm bushings. I think it's about time for a new diff, too...

Comment

Hey Janderson, did you ever come up with a way to mount the rear bench you got from the MK.II Gti?

Just curious because I picked up the rear bench not too long ago. Thanks

Comment

Still working on that, hoping to figure something out soon. I'll post when we do it.

Comment

Sounds good.

P.S. - Thanks again for the brackets. These seats are ridiculously awesome!

Comment

took the M3 out drove it to work. got a few smiles and thumbs up. gave a coworker a ride at lunch, and he actually asked me to not take corners so fast. :)

Comment

i looked at it and just facepalmed
                                Originally posted by HarryPotter
                                not to be racist but i've had multiple african americans comment on how they love my car. I've seen pics of e30's rolling through africa with at least 15-20 africans on them with ak-47's. WILD. its in the african blood. Hope this wasn't too racist, forgive me as I am intoxicated.
                                Instagram: @jstnlws

Comment

Working...
                                X