Work Log: Rebirth of the Vert (Red Oktober)

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • shmutzigE30
    replied
    PLEASE tell me. how did you shave the third brake light. just got an estimate to do mine and they said $1050!!! which is ridiculous so i need a better strategy.

    thought about buying a lid off a coupe and painting

    Leave a comment:


  • Dragowl
    replied
    Originally posted by JeffNJM3
    That looks pretty good! vert' and then orient touring shoot once its warm enuffto go outside!
    YUP YUP!:p

    Originally posted by Lars_from_Mars
    Love the black one.
    thx...

    Leave a comment:


  • Lars_from_Mars
    replied
    Love the black one.

    Leave a comment:


  • JeffNJM3
    replied
    That looks pretty good! vert' and then orient touring shoot once its warm enuffto go outside!

    Leave a comment:


  • Dragowl
    replied
    Time to update this:

    Originally posted by e30this
    So your going to use the dual mass flywheel and that metal shifter assembly.??
    I was thinking about swapping out from the metal shifter assembly but I may not be able to due to the donor car being an 86 es...your thoughts?...I know there's the searching option, but let me know what you think...


    Originally posted by shmutzigE30
    looks awesome but you need smoked indicators now.
    yea...I'm not sure I'm going smoked...still undecided


    On another note, I picked up a Hartge replica rear lip....I assume replica because it was fiberglass



    see the crack? :(





    Decided to do something a bit different:




    Paint will come when the car gets shot...later in the year :)

    Leave a comment:


  • shmutzigE30
    replied
    looks awesome but you need smoked indicators now.

    Leave a comment:


  • Dragowl
    replied
    Originally posted by pookieboo
    Wow, she's is beautiful :D


    Originally posted by twothrees
    I normally don't like French lights, but the combo of fogs and highs makes it happen on your black vert.
    Thanks guys!!!

    Leave a comment:


  • twothrees
    replied
    I normally don't like French lights, but the combo of fogs and highs makes it happen on your black vert.

    Leave a comment:


  • pookieboo
    replied
    Wow, she's is beautiful :D

    Leave a comment:


  • Dragowl
    replied
    For some time, I've been thinking about French fogs and highs and figure that I'd give it a shot to see how they look. I like the look and yes I realize that they may limit the light output, but the reality is with the HIDs in the ellipsoids I'm not exactly having lighting issues.

    Details: Ebay fogs for $48 shipped, laminx knock off, and time

    On to the pictures:












    Leave a comment:


  • Dragowl
    replied
    Originally posted by e30this
    So your going to use the dual mass flywheel and that metal shifter assembly.??

    Its a single mass flywheel from my understanding and that is the plan after I get it lightened. Metal shifter assembly?

    Leave a comment:


  • e30this
    replied
    So your going to use the dual mass flywheel and that metal shifter assembly.??

    Leave a comment:


  • Red88
    replied
    this inspired me. As soon as I get $2000, I'm doing what you did.

    Leave a comment:


  • Dragowl
    replied
    The 3rd brake light delete with is lip...



    after a quick buff after wetsanding off the pin stripes





    OH...what's this?



    Another random picture

    Leave a comment:


  • Dragowl
    replied
    Originally posted by kishg
    hmmm sub-clubs now eh? :) how about the e30m3/e39 sub-club then? :pimp:
    You sound a lil' jealous....

    you can start your own sub club then punk...

    Leave a comment:

Working...