No announcement yet.

Project #26 MR2MAN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I love the Elise, but every Lotus I’ve driven has felt fragile.
    I love Porsche’s but hate the tax... the ///M tax was bad enough
    I love my MR2 because I’ve been able to do 99% of the work myself

Also, with a little kiddo on the way I think I finally need to keep a car for a while and actually develop it into something. I miss the track too and this car will be great on the track.
    Simon
    Current Cars:
    -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Nice photos! Great grouping of cars.

Comment

Congratulation on the upcoming bundle of joy.
        How to remove, install or convert to pop out windows
        http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=297611

Could be better, could be worse.

Comment

Originally posted by rzerob View Post
          Congratulation on the upcoming bundle of joy.
          Thanks! People are questioning my choice in dad-mobile but they don’t understand that the alternative was another E30 lol

When I got my car aligned it was brought to my attention that the lower bars were damaged so I had an impulse moment to buy all of the rear lower bars from Mitchs Auto Parts. All 3 Megan Racing bars.

I was pretty worried I was going to screw up the alignment so I carefully measured everything to the same length.

Here’s the bent bar in question. Both sides were bent the same way. (Insert female driver joke here)

...and all done...

I did a good enough job. Not perfect, but will work until I get back to have the alignment perfected again. The car certainly feels better and I’m quite excited to get the wheels and tires done. Hopefully that comes sooner than later.

Simon
          Current Cars:

Comment

In other news, I went to the Malibu C&C again this weekend. Jay Leno is always showing up with something awesome and this weekend was the penultimate car IMO... a McLaren F1. Truly amazing piece of engineering. It was surrounded the whole time, so I was lucky to even get this pic with nobody in front of me

After that, my buddy and I went on a canyon run up to Latigo Canyon. and then back across Topanga Canyon. We didnt find a nice vista point to stop at and my camera didnt get the run, sadly but we did take a quick stop at the Topanga Canyon vista point to get some decent pics.

I need to get a new driverside fender quite badly... ugh

I now have a full set of Celica seats and though the two dont match 100% perfectly I will try my hand at swapping over the matching fabric from the subpar driver seat to the better driver seat I have so I can have a matching set of Celica seats that are both in good condition.
            Simon
            Current Cars:

Comment

Wow, that McLaren left me speechless
              Belgian E30 Driver
              /
              //
              1990 - E30 - 318i Cabriolet Brilliantrot
              /// 1988 - E30 - 320i Touring Diamantschwarz (Sold)
              /// 1990 - E30 - 318IS Coupé Lazurblau

Check out my Rare BMW Music Edition Cassettes Topic

Comment

ugh that F1
                Originally posted by priapism
                My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
                Originally posted by shameson
                Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                  Here’s the bent bar in question. Both sides were bent the same way. (Insert female driver joke here)
                  Jackstands? Both bars bent upward in the same way and it looks like there's a contact mark right where the inside of the bend is.

IG @turbovarg
                  '91 318is, M20 turbo
                  [CoTM: 4-18]
                  '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
                  - updated 3-17

Comment

Originally posted by varg View Post

Jackstands? Both bars bent upward in the same way and it looks like there's a contact mark right where the inside of the bend is.
                    Yea its either jack or jackstands, but both were bent...
                    Simon
                    Current Cars:

Comment

Got an early start today and again tried to get to Newcombs ranch but once again the path was closed fairly early. Still had a good time driving the car though.

And now one of the two pieces that I’ve been wanting to install since I basically bought the car. Bought the duckbill from MR2 Ben (I think that was his name). It took too long to arrive, and took too long to buy the correct the paint. And once painted it took too long to install but the work was worth it.

Simon
                      Current Cars:

Comment

Looking good. Hows it compare to the old m52 e30?

Comment

Well, that car weighed 2350 so it was heavier but made substantially more power and torque than this 1.8L Yamaha motor. Specs out of the way, this car still feels much more like a lightweight sports car where the E30 felt like a very fast “sedan” ... my biggest regret with it was when I started to make it a track car and took away its streetable strengths.

This car as it currently sits is a bit like a bi-polar car. It’s relatively calm and fun under 6000 rpms, a lot like what people love about a Miata, but then from 6000-8000 Rpms it changes characteristics and shows true punch. I have yet to make any mods to the motor or exhaust to make it faster, I think 210-215bhp with a lower Lift engagement (~5-5500rpms) could really liven this up. Pretty impressive from a NA 1756cc motor... but then there’s this kind of stuff out there that ruins me.

Simon
                          Current Cars:

Comment

yeah I'd love to see a K swap
                            Originally posted by priapism
                            My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
                            Originally posted by shameson
                            Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

Originally posted by Northern View Post
                              yeah I'd love to see a K swap
                              I think his wife would kill him considering there is a little one on the way.
                              How to remove, install or convert to pop out windows
                              http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=297611

Could be better, could be worse.

Comment

I never would have thought about getting into one of those mr2's, but man yours looks like a lot of fun for a relatively easy/quick build!
                                sigpic
                                1987 - 325i Convertible Delphin Auto [SOLD], 325i Convertible Delphin Manual [SOLD]
                                1989 - 325i Convertible Bronzit m30b35 swapped [SCRAPPED], 325i Sedan Alpine Auto[DD]
                                1991 - 325i Coupe Laguna Manual [Project], 535i Sedan Alpine [SCRAPPED]

Comment

Working...
                                X