1990 BMW 318iS Sterling Silver Euro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lukem23 View Post
    definitely want to see the retrofit of the Central locking, OBC, etc etc.
    Yeah. The OBC should be fairly easy. It's worse with the central locking and power windows, but I have personally done the power windows on my previous car with OEM wiring. Central locking is a bit more work as it involves wiring, new door locks, fuel cap actuator and drilling etc. Haven't done that part before, but I'm fairly confident that it's doable 🙄😁

Comment

If you're retrofitting an OBC do you think you'll add the check panel to it as well? Definitely following this

Comment

Wow, lots of dedication to repair that amount of rust. The seats cleaned up very well, I'm impressed. Look forward to seeing more!
        '86 325e Zinnoberrot /// '02 325ci Schwarz II /// '18 M4 Azurite Black Metallic ///

Albie325 Build Thread | Albie325 COTM Jan 2021

Comment

This is cool, great work so far. Definitely makes me feel better about the minimal rust that I've found on my car lol.

Anyway, I subscribed. Looking forward to seeing how all the bodywork turns out!

Comment

Great rust repair! brings back some memories on my ix Touring. I had to repair both rear frame rails and spring perches. good fun!

Nice work on finding all of these NLA panels!
            1990 325iX Touring - November 2018 R3V Car Of The Month

1980 Volkswagen Golf mk1 1.1
            1974 BMW 2002 Touring

Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by D.Martijn View Post
              Great rust repair! brings back some memories on my ix Touring. I had to repair both rear frame rails and spring perches. good fun! Nice work on finding all of these NLA panels!
              Thanks a lot! I've read your thread like a 100 times for rust fix inspiration and actually also send it to the body guy 😎😁 Really like the work you did to yours. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks guys - I appreciate it. Yesterday the right quarter panel was removed. Luckily it looks pretty good and solid the inner parts of the body. Insane... But should be worth it in the end.. Outer wheel house still needs to be fitted and some minor work at the lower sill. Here the panel is just hung on there to see how it looks 😊👌 Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

That is a big project! I won't buy another car with rust problems. Too much work. I'm glad you are giving it new life though! My 318is started out as a 325is, so it came fully loaded. Maybe it's easier to keep an eye out for a loaded one of those to swap everything into. I'm jealous of the seats! Gorgeous.
                  Plug and Play Wiring Harness Adapters for S54, S50, M54 and more.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew325is View Post
                    That is a big project! I won't buy another car with rust problems. Too much work. I'm glad you are giving it new life though! My 318is started out as a 325is, so it came fully loaded. Maybe it's easier to keep an eye out for a loaded one of those to swap everything into. I'm jealous of the seats! Gorgeous.
                    Yeah, trust me. My next project will not start with a rusty car! Too much work and money that I'll never get back.

Regarding buying another car. Its not that easy. First, 325is was never delivered to Denmark and extra options was really expensive back in the days due to our tax on cars and options (yes, extra tax for options...). So, many cars came with zero extras like mine. This make it difficult to just buy another with the right equipment and rust free. It basically doesn't exist here - except if it was imported from Germany/Spain/etc. But, then the owner typically knows what he has and therefore too expensive.

With the said.. I just got some pictures this morning of the wiring and other stuff needed to convert to power windows and central locking:
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	122042417_3337797239664566_1279431417833635371_n.jpg
Views:	234
Size:	85.3 KB
ID:	9956877

Name:	122205007_396709475065335_2260646385759932316_n.jpg
Views:	223
Size:	137.7 KB
ID:	9956878

Name:	122055284_961764784227164_7736267334327328711_n.jpg
Views:	226
Size:	85.7 KB
ID:	9956879

Name:	122205009_357097608869204_4794905957037620730_n.jpg
Views:	224
Size:	90.0 KB
ID:	9956880

Name:	122214912_1208841429489095_9098967542970568430_n.jpg
Views:	222
Size:	90.1 KB
ID:	9956881
                    This should be fun :-D

Comment

Not the most exciting update, but the wiring, power regulators, buttons, central locking relay, motors etc. has arrived. The wiring loom is from a 4-door, but that shouldn't be a problem.
                      I got extra locks for central locking, but it turns out that the locks, that came with the car, was already prepped for central locking, so that was a nice surprice.

Name:	IMG_2226.JPG
Views:	213
Size:	55.7 KB
ID:	9957750

I'm also about to close a deal on a map light mirror and hence I have been looking for the correct wiring harness. But, that thing is just a ghost. Can't find anything on ETK or any part number etc. I do think I have found the correct connector though, so I can make my own wiring that matches the OEM stuff. For the nerds, I think this is the connector that matches the female connector on the mirror: 61131369229. It seems to be the same connector in both ends? Not sture though.

I visited the body shop and took some pictures the other day, thought I would show them to you. Personally I've had a hard time finding pictures of the joint between tail panel and quarter panel:

Name:	IMG_2202 (2).jpg
Views:	298
Size:	59.9 KB
ID:	9957752
                      This is how i looks before fitting and welding.

Name:	IMG_2201 (2).jpg
Views:	193
Size:	50.1 KB
ID:	9957753
                      Brand new OEM battery box in place.

Name:	IMG_2192 (2).jpg
Views:	197
Size:	68.6 KB
ID:	9957751

Comment

There's a guy in the UK selling a map light rear view mirror wiring loom, exact match as the original loom.
                        Welcome to the R3VLimited Facebook group. This group is dedicated to the BMW E30 3 Series chassis. Please visit our discussion forums at www.R3VLimited.com as well.

Great work on finding the new quarter!

1974 BMW 2002 Touring

Instagram

Comment

There's a guy in the UK selling a map light rear view mirror wiring loom, exact match as the original loom.
                          Welcome to the R3VLimited Facebook group. This group is dedicated to the BMW E30 3 Series chassis. Please visit our discussion forums at www.R3VLimited.com as well.

Great work on finding the new quarter!
                          Damn, that was a great find! I've been looking all over the internet to find that freaking loom!

Thanks a lot!

Comment

Originally posted by Glaede View Post

Damn, that was a great find! I've been looking all over the internet to find that freaking loom!

Thanks a lot!
                            Yeah, I totally stumbled upon this ad as well a few months ago. Already bought 2 looms and also the connector at the mirror as the previous owner of mine had removed it..

1974 BMW 2002 Touring

Instagram

Comment

Yeah, I totally stumbled upon this ad as well a few months ago. Already bought 2 looms and also the connector at the mirror as the previous owner of mine had removed it..
                              Awesome.. I just wrote the guy, so we'll see. Do you remember where its connected? Is it in the C302?

Comment

Originally posted by Glaede View Post

Awesome.. I just wrote the guy, so we'll see. Do you remember where its connected? Is it in the C302?
                                The mirror takes power at a plug in the A pillar (somewhere at the speaker) I've got a picture in my thread of the iX somewhere though

1974 BMW 2002 Touring

Instagram

Comment

Working...
                                X