Help me choose my next money pit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Northern View Post
    Saw the youtube video today and expected an answer lol.
    successful clickbait for 10 people. Also got a thumbs down so I’m doing something right lol

Im fighting the urge, let me sleep on it ... I still don’t have the car but I got some fresh pics yesterday
    Simon
    Current Cars:
    -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
      successful clickbait for 10 people. Also got a thumbs down so I’m doing something right lol
      I got you bro, dislikes are what the algorithm wants.

Comment

For a monday morning... Im in a good mood, sort of... anyways, here it is. I got this pic from the seller yesterday.

Its a 1975 Alfa Romeo Giulia Nuova Super 1300. Record for the longest name? Perhaps. I plan to say the entire name when people ask what it is, just to see the look on their face.

I bought it last week as I mentioned. Basically I had arranged to go see the 64 Ti that was part of the original POLE and in discussing it with the guy who did the PPI (Andrew Watry) he mentioned that his neighbor was considering selling this one. I knew the car, as it was on my radar back in 2019 when the PO was selling it out of Sacramento. It has a Centerline 1400cc kit on it (bored over 1300), Weber DCOE40s, and a mostly back-dated front end to 1300 Super spec. I didnt buy it because I couldnt see it in person and John ended up buying it at the end of 2019/ beginning of 2020. It was getting some love, but John got distracted by life and also Bring a Trailer...

He won this beautiful 66 from Bat and with the 1975 Alfa Romeo Giulia Nuova Super 1300, the 66, his Berlina and his W123 he was out of space and wifey was on his case to sell at least one of the cars. Went and saw the 64, didnt like it and seller wasnt really interested in selling it (firm at his $18.5k nonetheless) so when we went and saw this one, I was quite happy but not 100% sure yet. Thats when he showed me the Alfaholics TZ Replica wheels and brand new Vredestein 175s he had bought for it and sweetened the pot enough for me to shake his hand and hand him cash. He was mid Weber Rebuild and needed to install them, so thats why I havent start the thread... here.

Plan is $5k worth of Alfaholics suspension, then once I find someone to repair the single rusty rocker, I will start the engine build. Im quite excited.
        Simon
        Current Cars:

Comment

He's got an Alfa Romeo.

As Clarkson would say, he's a true petrol / car enthusiast. We are noobs compared to this guy now.

I think it would look super sitting a bit lower. Looking forward to seeing more of it.
          Project Thread | Instagram | Phoenix, Arizona Events Thread

Comment

Holy crap, this thing is cool. Congrats! Most 1975s that I just looked up online have double instead of single headlights, I think I like the single headlight better.
            sigpic

Comment

The Nuova came with dual 5.25" lights, a big plastic grille, luckily this guy did a 7" backdate. Other small touches too. I cant wait to get the suspension on it. Should scoot nice
              Simon
              Current Cars:

Comment

Congratulations!

Looking forward to your never-ending build thread! Someone call Fix-It-Again-Tony... he should be able to help sort out this Italian beauty.

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                  The Nuova came with dual 5.25" lights, a big plastic grille, luckily this guy did a 7" backdate. Other small touches too. I cant wait to get the suspension on it. Should scoot nice
                  The Giulia Nuova
                  A Rakish driving machine
                  Forever rusting

Seriously awesome, saw the pics earlier, and glad you ended up with something cool, instead of something more typical like a Porsche.

Comment

That thing looks sweet! Hopefully the acquisition goes smoothly
                    Originally posted by priapism
                    My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
                    Originally posted by shameson
                    Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

Yeah I love it, great buy.
                      "Dolphins aren't so smart, they can't even engineer an E-diff"

Comment

I do have to attempt, did not see this one coming.

Instagram: Reichart12

Comment

Spammer bumped this thread... I kinda wish I had bought a k-powered car, but the Alfa has been good. Except for all the rust lol
                          Simon
                          Current Cars:

Comment

K-swap on the Alfa?
                            My e30: OEM+ with M30B35

Comment

Originally posted by lukeADE335i View Post
                              K-swap on the Alfa?
                              Nah, Twinspark and RWD convert a CRZ or a 1st gen Insight.

Comment

Originally posted by lukeADE335i View Post
                                K-swap on the Alfa?
                                this guy been trying and I’m learning from his pain that I won’t consider it at all... https://www.alfabb.com/threads/k20-conversion.706075/

In fact I am likely dialing back my own ambitious twin Spark swap dream to a more realistic and easy upgrade from the ‘1400’ to a 2000cc . I can swap over my euro cams and I should be around 126bhp, maybe a little more with the header I’ll be using... much less than the twin Spark, but I have a lot of good reasons.

don’t get me wrong, I am still going to build the twin Spark motor but probably find a different home for it

Simon
                                Current Cars:

Comment

Working...
                                X