No announcement yet.

New car shopping in 2022 - GR86

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The thing that gets under my skin is the additional weight and size of the new 2er. STOP GETTING FAT BWM!

I was up above it, Now I'm down in it ~ Entropy - A Build thread.
    @Zakspeed_US

Comment

Originally posted by moatilliatta View Post
      The thing that gets under my skin is the additional weight and size of the new 2er. STOP GETTING FAT BWM!
      It's a glorified Toyota Corolla, what do you expect?

E30 ABS Pump Refurbishment Service
      https://mtechniqueauto.com/

Comment

Originally posted by moatilliatta View Post
        Yeah a new M2 weighs 3,800lbs and bmw fanboys still call it a modern E30. The fat is inevitable now that EVs are in vogue. To think BMW's smallest coupe weighs more than my 5 series wagon

IG @turbovarg
        '91 318is, M20 turbo
        [CoTM: 4-18]
        '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
        - updated 3-17

Comment

Dimensionally it's bigger than an e92 as well! Hardly the new e30 M3 with its size and weight.
          My e30: OEM+ with M30B35

Comment

The size and weight is absurd, but I'm also really disappointed that there's no more traditional instrument cluster. I'm so sick of screens.
            My Feedback

Comment

Originally posted by Jordan View Post

It's a glorified Toyota Corolla, what do you expect?
              Not the Mini Cooper 2er…

I was up above it, Now I'm down in it ~ Entropy - A Build thread.
              @Zakspeed_US

Comment

Originally posted by lukeADE335i View Post
                Dimensionally it's bigger than an e92 as well! Hardly the new e30 M3 with its size and weight.
                It's 1 inch wider but shorter and not as tall.. marginally.

Yeah it does weight quite a bit. I've seen a couple non M 2s and they look quite small.. if only it's weight reflected that. I don't get how it weighs the same as the next series up

My e39 weighs 500 lbs less LOL
                Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

Yeah at least in the previous generations (2020) the weight is pretty much exactly the same as an M4. Heavier than the E39 courtesy of a dozen airbags, a bunch of sheet metal adding stiffness and better crumple zones, big wheels and tires, a bunch of interior electronics and sound deadening. Why it isn't any lighter than a 4-series is probably down to less time and money being spent optimizing the design for weight since it's a ~$10,000 cheaper car.

IG @turbovarg
                  '91 318is, M20 turbo
                  [CoTM: 4-18]
                  '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
                  - updated 3-17

Comment

Originally posted by varg View Post

Yeah a new M2 weighs 3,800lbs and bmw fanboys still call it a modern E30. The fat is inevitable now that EVs are in vogue. To think BMW's smallest coupe weighs more than my 5 series wagon
                    That's as much as my 1984 K10 lmfao. At least my K10 has an LS and a 5 speed xD
                    85% of the time i have no idea what I'm doing

Comment

Working...
                    X