No announcement yet.

another forum gone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I too wish picture hosting sites like photobucket and others didn't fell apart, so many pictures are gone, lost to the void. I'm trying to keep my own documentation be a priority now with things I do to my car, so I don't forget things.

If the issue is loading in this database or making it compatible with whatever is the preferred new software is, maybe this does become an archive only.

Then r3v 2.0 (or 5.0) takes it's place, then the threads can be linked on the new site?
    Last edited by DEV0 E30; 09-16-2022, 11:13 AM.
    Project Thread | Instagram | Phoenix, Arizona Events Thread

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
      This place isn’t doing shit if James is MIA
      qft

Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

Originally posted by 82eye View Post
        i'd be completely sunk if this forum ever went down. there is no e30 scene local. there is something like 6 e30's total where i live.
        Where are you located?

If it's got tits or tires, it's gonna cost ya!

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley Rockafella View Post
          Where are you located?
          regina, sask.

Comment

Originally posted by 82eye View Post

regina, sask.
            You for real?
            I'm from Regina, Sask!

I've been part of the e30 scene since 2001 with my 86 325es.
            Still have my 88 325is.
            Back then there was a Regina (Or Sask) chapter of BMW club. We even had a website.
            I was one of the very few with an e30. Most had e36s, some later 5 series cars etc.

What e30(s) do you have?
            Send me a PM and we'll chat more
            Last edited by Stanley Rockafella; 09-19-2022, 05:51 PM.
            If it's got tits or tires, it's gonna cost ya!

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley Rockafella View Post

You for real?
              I'm from Regina, Sask!

I've been part of the e30 scene since 2001 with my 86 325es.
              Still have my 88 325is.
              Back then there was a Regina (Or Sask) chapter of BMW club. We even had a website.
              I was one of the very few with an e30. Most had e36s, some later 5 series cars etc.

What e30(s) do you have?
              Send me a PM and we'll chat more

i was flatlander on the bcbimmers site. i had an e21 when the bmw club was running

Comment

This place isn’t doing shit if James is MIA
                Pretty concerning to hear James is MIA.

Is he okay?
                Does anyone have his contact info so we can try to get in touch?

Comment

Originally posted by Panici View Post
                  Is he okay?
                  Does anyone have his contact info so we can try to get in touch?
                  He posts on Instagram, maybe Facebook too. Seems to be enjoying himself
                  Simon
                  Current Cars:
                  -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

He's more active on FB r3v haha.
                    Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

Originally posted by MrBurgundy View Post

He's more active on FB r3v haha.
                      *Nervous laughter*

Comment

Okay that's a relief. Glad he is alright.

Comment

Originally posted by Panici View Post
                          I agree 100%.
                          People are getting tired of social media; I find a forum is more relaxed.

It's like the difference between reading a paper book/newspaper vs scrolling through a phone screen.

I started getting home delivery of a newspaper last week. More relaxing to read a physical paper in the morning with coffee and breakfast.

Great suggestions. Time for a cleanup to keep things relevant and useful.
                          Exactly what I think. Most car communities outside of forums are insufferable. (especially on Instagram and Facebook!)

Comment

I was watching the smoking tire podcast the other day. Brian Scotto from Hoonigan was on. He was talking about forums and how other media options kind of killed it. But he said that he is that old guy still using forums. I believe, just by reading through this thread, that a lot of us still enjoy forums enough to keep it alive. I know that I for one love this site. I use other media outlets, but this place by far is the best.

88' Seta 2.7i Zinno

https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/for...430-my-88-seta

Comment

Most Canadian cars are rust buckets.
                              You need special skills to fight rust.

I guess only Europeans fix rusted cars.

It seems this guy can't afford BMW's rubber seals.

Comment

Originally posted by Vincenze View Post
                                Most Canadian cars are rust buckets.
                                depends on how they were kept.

Originally posted by Vincenze View Post

You need special skills to fight rust.

the larger issue is finding a shop to do it proper if you are not going total diy on body / paint. most cars of that era that are still driving have received piles of maintenance or restoration work. regular drivers have long since returned to the earth from which they came. by this point you really aren't seeing even survivor cars where i'm from. the ones that still move won't be seeing any snow or salt.

i'm looking at body / paint next year and it is definitely going to be a challenge getting a decent shop on it. no one local likes resto at all. they're nearly all focused exclusively on accident damage re and re. there's literally mountains of cash in insurance work. that's what we pay massive premiums for.

Comment

Working...
                                X