Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Vincenze View Post
    I guess only Europeans fix rusted cars.
    Uh have you seen the starting points of some of the muscle car restorations guys do these days with good examples in the six figures? I know E30 people think E30 M3s are expensive but take a gander at some of the more desirable variants of classic muscle cars.

IG @turbovarg
    '91 318is, M20 turbo
    [CoTM: 4-18]
    '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
    - updated 3-17

Comment

Originally posted by varg View Post

Uh have you seen the starting points of some of the muscle car restorations guys do these days with good examples in the six figures? I know E30 people think E30 M3s are expensive but take a gander at some of the more desirable variants of classic muscle cars.
      Those muscle cars have no value to most guys who are interested in BMWs, Hondas, Lexuses from the 1990s, 2000s.

On the other hand, Baby Boomers are not interested in Ford Ts, which their grandparents had restored.

Comment

Originally posted by Vincenze View Post
        Most Canadian cars are rust buckets.
        You need special skills to fight rust.
        Tell me about it. Pulled the carpets from my E28 this weekend for the first time since 1986.
        This will be the fourth car I've had to address some form of floor rust. Par for the course on something that has seen road salt unfortunately.

On the plus side I'm pretty good at sheet metal fab & welding by now

Comment

Hopefully the speed issues will be fixed.. This shit is getting bad.

Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

James Crivellone site has been broken for weeks again. Takes me 3 to 5 minutes to load a single page. Can you let some of us that have an interest in saving this forum get involved?

RISING EDGE

Let's drive fast and have fun.

Comment

...seriously
              Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

Originally posted by MrBurgundy View Post
                ...seriously
                Hey, I was going to post that earlier and gave up. It seems better for now.

Comment

Hey look, tags don't notify me for some reason.

I'm very much alive, but busier than ever these days. I did a ton of additional database tweaks the other day when TJ (Thanks!) hit me up on Facebook regarding slow performance. It isn't perfect but neither is the vBulletin database schema.

To cover a few things, the site has not been sold, just partnering with BMWCCA E30 Chapter so we can try and drive up some traffic and utilize this as a discussion board. I'm very willing to chat with folks regarding the future and keeping R3V more relevant and would be happy to jump on a conf call, discord, whatever to keep some movement going on it.

I also don't post much on the R3V Facebook group.. frankly I don't care for it (or FB for that matter)

Comment

Good to see you stop by James, I think it’s probably a good idea to start simplifying things here. In addition to that it’s probably a good idea to try and give some more people moderator powers, and see about archiving threads to not lose any of the historical stuff that is still surviving
                    Simon
                    Current Cars:
                    -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

wont lie, ever since e30tech was lost and photo bucket ruined the internet I have found it pretty difficult to stay invested in forums. For me they remain integral for research but i've been more of a reader for the last few years than a poster. Majority of people who used them in the 2000's have grown up or out of cars, moved onto houses, families, family cars ect and flocked to facebook/reddit. I hate facebook so counts me out lol, but im still building the E30 I started in 2012. It would really suck if this place ever disappeared as there is so much info and knowledge here that I still refer to when my brains forgotten something.
                      Boris - 89 E30 325i
                      84- E30 323i

Comment

I have relied on BMW Airhead, Porsche 912, and e28 forums to restore and run my cars and motorbikes over the last 23 years. This is a really good community that works. These cars cannot be run without a community to help figure out things when they go south. I am in for the long haul.

Comment

Originally posted by James Crivellone View Post
                          I'm very much alive, but busier than ever these days.
                          Hi James,
                          Thanks for checking in, glad to see you're doing well.

Just to echo Simon, there are a lot of members here willing to help with the site.
                          Just let us know what we can do!

Comment

i'm here to the bitter, or sweet, end lol.

we've lost too many resources.

edit: i used to avoid this place during it's peak. now i'd take all dumb assery back just to see the place stay active. where did the dumb assery go anyway, did it move up to e46 ?

Comment

Originally posted by 82eye View Post
                              i'm here to the bitter, or sweet, end lol.

we've lost too many resources.

edit: i used to avoid this place during it's peak. now i'd take all dumb assery back just to see the place stay active. where did the dumb assery go anyway, did it move up to e46 ?
                              Shut up NEWB
                              Simon
                              Current Cars:
                              -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post

Shut up NEWB
                                lol. guess that's a maybe ...

Comment

Working...
                                X