Get a secondhand one that has been properly maintained. Most straight razors do not come properly sharp when they are new, they need to be honed first. You'll need a strop for every few uses, most people send them out to be professionally honed when they lose their bite.
Believe it or not there are shaving enthusiasts out there and shaving forums; it may sound a bit ridiculous, but if there's anywhere to easily find someone who knows what they're doing, it's somewhere like that.
Do you give a shit about how you shave your face?
Collapse
X
-
-
-
Aveeno shaving cream. Real hot water. Gillette Mach 5 turbo, I think its called. Neutrogena aftershave lotion. I get irritation under my chin and I hate it.Leave a comment:
-
in my opinion, yes,.
1. a beard is a GREAT conversation starter. other guys envy you..."i wish i could grow a beard like that..." women ask all the time what it's like having a beard and if they can stroke it;)
2. Once you get to talking about the beard, no girl can resist your passion. they really dig a deep commitment to your facial hair.Leave a comment:
-
-
Wow, I just read up on these things and definitely ordering one soon.Leave a comment:
-
I just use a standard razor (Gillete Mach 3 or whatever it's called) and I shave after I get out of the shower.
If my girlfriend isn't here, and I'm not working I can go for a week or two without shaving because I don't give a fuck and I'm lazy.
If she's here or I'm working in the office, it's every other day or something.Leave a comment:
-
-
I don't own a razor, and I haven't shaved put a razor blade to my face in 8 years. Shaving is too expensiveLeave a comment:
-
-
I use an old fashioned safety razor.. mainly because multiblade razors don't allow you to shave after having not shaved for a few days :PLeave a comment:
-
fresh out of the shower, lather on shave cream (I use non-foamy Neutrogena stuff- I like it better). Then, let it sit and soften up the hair while the teeth get brushed, then shave with the grain and go over it against the grain afterwards. Finish with aftershave. Done.Leave a comment:
-
If you are shaving with anything more than a single blade you are wasting money
Saftey razors and straight razors are the way to go; better shave for a twentith of the price...its how your grandfather did itLeave a comment:


Leave a comment: