Great Beer/Alcohol Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Cronopoulos
    replied

    Leave a comment:


  • Ziggens96
    replied
    ^^^ I've heard people rave about that Sunset Wheat, but it didn't really do it for me. I will agree to the claims that it tastes like Fruity Pebbles, but that is not what I want in a beer. At all. I like beer that tastes like beer. And if I ever order a wheat beer at a bar, (Usually Hoegaarden. Blue Moon is garbage.) which isn't very often, I tell them to hold the orange slice. Fruit in your beer is generally

    A couple of my favorites, that ought to be way better known than they are include:



    and:




    A lot of talk about Arrogant Bastard. It's decent, but I'd rather drink a beer that's meant to taste nice and balanced instead of generate buzz about how excessive it is. That's the beauty of beer though, so many different kinds, and the beer world is a little richer because of every one of them.

    Edit: Whoa, holy shit I didn't realize those pictures were going to be so big. Sorry.

    Leave a comment:


  • Ryan...
    replied
    I'm loving this stuff too:

    Leave a comment:


  • Pac1373
    replied
    Sorry to be a buzz kill guys, got in shit over at the "hippy, dope is grea"t thread for not doing a back flip on the beer guys because Alcohol is WAAAAAAAAYYYYYYY worse than pot...

    consider yourselfs told.. bad bad bad...

    as you were.
    Last edited by Pac1373; 08-25-2011, 04:39 PM. Reason: punctuation fail

    Leave a comment:


  • Ryan...
    replied
    I'm stocking up on this stuff before they stop selling it (seasonal beer). I've been drinking it every chance i get the past month or so..

    Leave a comment:


  • Nick325is
    replied
    Originally posted by Sample UF
    Yeah, the reason I was really asking was more so because all my bogan friends that drink beer, are always rambling about how Coopers Pale Ale, or Sparkling Ale is the best beer ever. I always say there are other beers out there that are said to be a lot better than Coopers, some even costing $100+ per glass, yet they all tend to say "screw that, Coopers is the best blah blah".

    Was really just wondering how it would compare to Commercial beer from the US, if anyone has tried it.

    I know this thread is for quality beer, not commercial garbage but didn't see another beer thread to ask.
    I was fortunate enough to get a case of VB last year. That is some pretty tasty Australian beer especially when compared to crap Fosters.

    I will have to post a list of my fav beers later when I can think of them all by category. A local bar had a notch club where you got your name on the wall and a sweet personalized Dickies work shirt for every 100 different beers you drank. I was working on my 400th when I moved.

    Leave a comment:


  • klavender1
    replied
    Originally posted by Dozyproductions
    Yeah, Fosters < Natural Ice = highest alcohol content in American water.




    Is New Belgium some subsidiary of Fat Tire because their artwork on the bottles are almost the same.

    New Belgium is the brewery. Fat Tire and Somersault are a couple of their brews.

    Leave a comment:


  • Sample UF
    replied
    Originally posted by Dozyproductions
    Yeah, Fosters < Natural Ice = highest alcohol content in American water.
    Yeah, the reason I was really asking was more so because all my bogan friends that drink beer, are always rambling about how Coopers Pale Ale, or Sparkling Ale is the best beer ever. I always say there are other beers out there that are said to be a lot better than Coopers, some even costing $100+ per glass, yet they all tend to say "screw that, Coopers is the best blah blah".

    Was really just wondering how it would compare to Commercial beer from the US, if anyone has tried it.

    I know this thread is for quality beer, not commercial garbage but didn't see another beer thread to ask.

    Leave a comment:


  • Dozyproductions
    replied
    Originally posted by Sample UF
    Lol, probably. I really wouldn't know, never liked the taste of any kind of alcohol.
    Yeah, Fosters < Natural Ice = highest alcohol content in American water.


    Originally posted by Hey_You
    New Castle Werewolf

    and
    New Belgium Somersault
    Is New Belgium some subsidiary of Fat Tire because their artwork on the bottles are almost the same.

    Leave a comment:


  • Hey_You
    replied
    New Castle Werewolf

    and
    New Belgium Somersault

    Leave a comment:


  • Pantless Spency
    replied
    i had some patron the other day with my family, shit was pretty intense, went down like nail polish, but it wasn't too bad once it settled.

    Leave a comment:


  • klavender1
    replied
    I LOVE everything I've had from Stone. Sublimely self righteous is one of my favorites, but also the Ruination IPA. Can't drink more than one though. If you've had one you would understand. :D I went to ashville for memorial day weekend. Hit up Highland, Pisgah, and Ashville brewing co. tours. We stayed a block away from Jack of the Wood and went there. Cool bar but the Cask IPA tasted like dishwater to me. And I love IPA's. If you're ever there, you have to check out the Thirsty Monk. Downstairs is nothing but abbey monk style ales. At least 30 variates. Been drinking local brews lately. Thomas creek out of Greeneville, SC and RJ Rockers out of Spartanburg, SC. Thomas creek has an "Up the creek" extreme IPA that's 12.5% thats awesome. And RJ Rockers has Bellringer that's 8.5%. Also very tasty. My beer geek buddy brews his own. He let his Barleywine ferment about 8 months before we cracked it open. Wonderful stuff! I hated bud light before it was cool! :D

    Leave a comment:


  • Dermeister3
    replied
    Franziskaner or Hoegaarden (pronounced Who-Gar-Den) are the great and not filling for me.

    Leave a comment:


  • Sample UF
    replied
    Originally posted by Dozyproductions
    fixed.
    Lol, probably. I really wouldn't know, never liked the taste of any kind of alcohol.

    Leave a comment:


  • Deltron Dirty30
    replied
    Originally posted by F34R
    Personal favorite:
    I just tried stella artois last week for the first time.



    its my new favorite beer.

    Leave a comment:

Working...