The r3v motorcycle thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by graveshaker View Post
    Be safe guys and wear your gear, this pic is on zx10rnet. Apparently the poor guy did not have on the proper riding gear and this was the result.

:coolphoto:

I can't stop staring. The pain.

Comment

Originally posted by ST1G View Post
      fz1/fz6
      thank you.

TAKE THAT PICTURE DOWN. HOLY SHIT.

Comment

Use adblock and block the image...

IG @turbovarg
        '91 318is, M20 turbo
        [CoTM: 4-18]
        '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
        - updated 1-26

Comment

Fuck you dude. Fuck you.

Comment

Originally posted by Dozyproductions View Post
            thank you.

TAKE THAT PICTURE DOWN. HOLY SHIT.
            Sure mate. They are probably the best combination of affordable, low maintenance, and performance you can get with a litre/touring bike. A lot of people see them go 50k with only regular maintenance.

Comment

Originally posted by varg View Post
              Holy shit, that's nasty. I've always been an ATGATT rider because of stuff like that.

My DD is an '01 ZRX1200R:
              ive always loved these bikes, such a retro look to them, very cool. how do you like it? what other bikes have you had? im curious of the comparisons, im sure ill own one one day

Comment

Originally posted by ST1G View Post
                :coolphoto:

I can't stop staring. The pain.

at first i was disgusted and felt like puking but now im just wondering WTF
                Originally posted by dvck
                I'm going to say this nicely; go fuck yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by Downz View Post
                  ive always loved these bikes, such a retro look to them, very cool. how do you like it? what other bikes have you had? im curious of the comparisons, im sure ill own one one day
                  It's a big standard so compared to sportbikes I've had it feels heavy and transitions slower, but the suspension is fully adjustable unlike most standards and can be dialed in well for my weight at least. Brakes are pretty good stock, but with the 4 piston calipers I have instead of the stock 6 pistons, they have more feel. The bike transitions noticeably faster and is more unstable (read: agile) with the eccentrics rotated so that the axle is lower, so that's a good free handling mod. It has a lot of torque too, the front wheel comes up easy with just throttle in first and it has plenty of passing power without dropping two gears on the highway. My DD bike before it was a Magna, and while the Magna is light and fast for a cruiser, and will out handle pretty much any other, this is a better bike. I find the standard riding position more comfortable than a cruiser riding position and will probably never own another cruiser.

IG @turbovarg
                  '91 318is, M20 turbo
                  [CoTM: 4-18]
                  '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
                  - updated 1-26

Comment

I'd like the cliffs on what series of events led to that foot, without having to look into it any further. Fuck thats grodie. Buying boots for next season...check.

Comment

Do you guys have any experiences with light and QUIET helmets? I have a Nitek now and it's an amazing helmet but the vizor clips are on their way out and the noise level is a bit on the high side. Even with ear plugs it was a bit much.

Comment

Do you guys have any experiences with light and QUIET helmets? I have a Nitek now and it's an amazing helmet but the vizor clips are on their way out and the noise level is a bit on the high side. Even with ear plugs it was a bit much.
                        I have a Shoei GT air, its quieter then other helmets I've had, fits my head perfect (big head), and a good looking lid. Bit on the expensive side, and due to the flip down sun shade visor (which, cool concept, but I never use and a bit gimmicky I think) they only have clear visors for it for now.

I am biased, but my personal opinion is they make the best helmets, and gear is always worth spending a bit more for good quality.

Heres the one I have, I HATE most flat paint, but damn it looks great on this one, has a nice pearlescent "fish scale" effect on the side too.

Comment

I need to contribute more, so I'm going to show some projects I've been toying with.

Two dirt bikes I picked up from my foreman, plan was and is to clean them up and sell them, they've been sitting out in the AZ sun for who knows how long.

So here they are, the yellow one up front is an 01 Suzuki RM125, the one hiding in the back is an 84 Honda XR350R. Picked both up for the tune of 300, so not too bad to start off with. As you can see, they are extremely sun faded.

tight fit!

So, the low down. The Honda is basically an "elbow grease" approach, that bike is complete and runs, so the plan is to breathe some new life into it. The Suzuki is in rougher shape sadly, as the motor had been removed due to a "smoked" crank shaft. So that bike is getting a full bottom end refurb, as well as getting cleaned up.

So first, the Honda. Started with stripping down both machines to the frames for the most part

Now sadly, I had been slacking on taking pictures, but basically rattle caned the frame black (you can see it in the next set of pics hiding in the back), and cleaned up the plastics with a little trick I know
                          before

after

Much better! Now, I'm not looking for perfect with these machines, as I'm going to sell them cheap, but this is quite an improvement.
                          More plastic rehab, I didnt think this one was salvageable, as it looked like chalk/powder, it was bad, but it turned out good for what I needed!

Re-assembly

So now I'm just about done with the Honda, I painted the frame, swing arm, misc engine and body parts such as kick start foot pegs etc, as well as the exhaust which cleaned up very nicely (have to let the bike run to cure that paint). Cleaned the carbs out, cool set up there, they were like a dual draft set up, very neat. Replaced the gas tank as it was cracked as well as a new pet cock, new grips, new rear tube (first time messing with tubes on a dirt bike, they were a BITCH, destroyed the first tube, 30 bux down the drain ugh) and a new front master cylinder, as well as some lube here and adjustments there etc.

Heres where we're at now, just about done, gonna get her back running this weekend once I get some free time. Also have to get a new air filter and put the last bit of plastic on it, but def a nice improvement
                          Before I got the rear fender on it

As for the Suzuki, that is still a work in progress. The frame has been resprayed, which was super rusty, even more then the Honda's, strange

Hit it with some gloss black

As stated, the PO some how burnt up the crank shaft, so I started tearing into the motor. Heres the old crank, hard to tell, but all those scorch marks are not a good sign. Benefit is now I have a nice desk accent at my place.

Picked up a new Wiseco crank assy for it, and began re-assembly

And that's where the Suzuki is at for the moment. I picked up some new Team Rockstar graphics to go on it, as well as new grips and some other odds and ends, so it should be a great looking and running bike when I'm done with it. More to come soon

Comment

The hell with it, I've got some other neat shots of my shenanigans.

I had picked up an 03 Yamaha YZF R6 before this past fall to mess around with, got it for 1k, but it had some serious damage to the head, the timing chain side of it was JB-welded together, I have no clue how it still ran. Stripped that bike down, replaced the fucked up head with a used good head, cleaned her up, added some decals, added a stock exhaust as it had no pipe and was loud as SHIT, and again lubed here adjusted there etc. I had more pictures of this rebuild, but sadly lost them, so I only have a before and after.

The night I picked it up

And the day I sold it

Heres an older project I had from a few years ago when I first moved to AZ from NY. Picked up this 1988 Yamaha FZR 1000 "Genesis" for $200, guy I bought it from said it "Only needs a clutch!" Well when I got it home, I found a huge hole in the back of the case. Apparently these old 1000s had aluminum clutch baskets that liked to explode at mach 3 and blow shit up. Oh well, was only $200, so I got to work
                            This is after I stripped it, it had no fairings on it aside from one, which you can see hanging in my garage in the previous post (its like Ispy!)

Grabbed another motor for it, plan was to swap the cases, although I think I went down another path with the motor, I cant remember ha

damage

brother lending a hand

nice and clean

Motor all painted and ready to be installed

and....

back home!

Got some fairings from a local yard (Any Phoenix AZ natives in here, check out Bob's motorcycle salvage, holy SHIT that place is awesome) and started knocking them down to paint

nothing special paint wise, just a simple rattle can

Lots of work with that one, brings back some memories haha. Here she was just before I sold her, I added a rear seat delete/cowling, I was trying to go with an old GP race theme, eventually was going to add some old school decals etc, I love race livery on bikes, and felt the number 5 was appropriate for the 5 valve genesis motor it housed

And since I'm spilling my past, here are my first two bikes, my 2002 Yamaha YZF R1, and my Honda 75 CB500T cafe project that I never finished as I got distracted riding the R1 haha

And finally, my baby and on of my dream bikes, 05 Honda CBR 1000RR Repsol Edition

Damn! This was one hell of a post, kind of spontaneous for me, as I'm more of a lurker, but I like you guys and I like R3V, even if I don't own an e30 anymore. Hope you guys enjoyed! I'll have more projects soon if anyone is interested, kinda my side job from my day job :devil:

Comment

Originally posted by Downz View Post
                              Heres the one I have, I HATE most flat paint, but damn it looks great on this one, has a nice pearlescent "fish scale" effect on the side too.
                              Shoei's are always a safe bet haha. That one looks great. Btw, your FZR looked awesome. Something about that flat front fairing with dual head lights is just bitching. Yours was definitely a sheila!

Honestly, I might try the carbon fiber lazer kite.

Comment

Shoei's are always a safe bet haha. That one looks great. Btw, your FZR looked awesome. Something about that flat front fairing with dual head lights is just bitching. Yours was definitely a sheila!
                                thanks man, she was a fun ride, def on the heavier side, but pulled like a freight train in a straight line

Comment

Working...
                                X