The r3v motorcycle thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Downz View Post
    I used to own one of those, bought it for 200 bux, guy tried to do some bobber bullshit with sewer piping for some sketchy homemade ape hangers
    Lol, sounds like a lot of the shit I come across on craigslist. I got mine for $180 :D Saved it from certain doom as a parts bike. Someone had run into an immovable object and dropped it who knows when. I wanted to make sure it was a solid foundation before dumping any money into a cafe build so I replaced all the bent stuff and fully went through all the mechanicals.

Been riding it stock the past two seasons while I slowly round up parts, planning on stripping it down for the build next winter. It's not fast, but I don't trust myself on a fast bike. Handles great for what it is at least.

Still ugly, but I see my cafe racer in there when I look at it:

'84 318i - Lapisblau/Schwarz (in cryosleep)
    '06 330i - Titansilber/Schwarz

Comment

I really enjoy my 990 but it reallY did have shit mapping from the factory. I did intake/exhaust last year which helped but it still ran rich, poor eco, bad throttle response on/off that made it buck like crazy, and a surge at cruising speeds.

Internet tunes didn't quite do enough and most of them disabled the secondary throttle butterflies. Towed it down to a dyno shop and had a custom made up, luckily KTM doesn't require anything but a USB cable tune so it was cheap to get it done.

he spent a few hours on it and got some minor top end gains but he put most of his time on rideability and partial throttle maps. The bike was pretty reasonable when I cracked it full open. Re-enabled the secondaries to stop the bike from "choking on air" when doing a roll on from lower rpm

Stoked to ride it again, can't wait for spring! :devil:

Last edited by Varinn; 02-06-2015, 12:19 PM.
      1990 332i, 4 door
      2008 KTM 990 Superduke
      2018 Golf R, 6spd manual (Pending delivery)
      2017 Mazda CX-5 GT
      2007 Z4M Coupe - Sold to very nice people

Comment

Scout

[ATTACH]93875[/ATTACH]

Comment

There is a bevel drive Ducati on EBAY with a million dollar buy it now price:crazy:
          http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ducati-Super...US_motorcycles

Comment

Originally posted by motors4me View Post
            There is a bevel drive Ducati on EBAY with a million dollar buy it now price:crazy:
            http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ducati-Super...US_motorcycles
            Vlad?
            ACS S3 Build / Dinan 5 E34

Comment

Went and rode SoCal Supermoto a couple of days ago. First time on the dirt and the first time on a dirt bike for me. Had a lot of fun, definitely worth it.

91 318is - Gone
              16 VW GTI
              07 Aprilia Tuono

Comment

That' rad I really wanna check out that Supermoto school.

Comment

I posted my Buell a while back but added this to the stable a little over a year ago. The sweetest little touring bike.

Comment

Question: Any type of "commuter" bike out there that's going to last me for a while? I gifted away my vfr800 to a friend who deserved it big time. Those engines were practically detuned civic engines so they could last +100,000 miles. Anything of the same caliber?

Comment

Ninja 250s / 300s last forever.

Comment

Thanks for the reply! But after an 800cc, I don't if I could loose 500cc.

Comment

So... I dropped my bike last fall. Suffice it to say my body armor investment paid off in full.

Attached Files

Ich gehöre nicht zur Baader-Meinhof Gruppe

Originally posted by Top Gear
                          Just imagine waking up and remembering you're Mexican.

Every time you buy a car with DSC/ESC, Jesus kills a baby seal. With a kitten.

Comment

Originally posted by Dozyproductions View Post
                            Thanks for the reply! But after an 800cc, I don't if I could loose 500cc.
                            fz1/fz6

Comment

Be safe guys and wear your gear, this pic is on zx10rnet. Apparently the poor guy did not have on the proper riding gear and this was the result.

Comment

Holy shit, that's nasty. I've always been an ATGATT rider because of stuff like that.

My DD is an '01 ZRX1200R:

IG @turbovarg
                                '91 318is, M20 turbo
                                [CoTM: 4-18]
                                '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
                                - updated 3-17

Comment

Working...
                                X