Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DEV0 E30 View Post
    Hahah

Was this on craigslist? I think I saw it posted long ago, don't think the seat was diamond plate then though. My balls hurt just looking at it.

I'm getting the itch for another bike, but it's gonna be awhile. Got things that are more important right now. I am thinking maybe a cafe though, I love crotch rockets, but not that they feel comfy at illegal speeds.
    yup, found it on craigslist, I buy most, if not all, my bikes off craigslist, great resource if you can sift through peoples bull shit and scammers

Comment

I picked up a 1980 Yamaha XS400 last week. It's going to be my first street bike. I rode dirt bikes like ten years ago, but my mountain bike has been my only 2 wheeled vehicle since.

Here's a couple pics:

Plans are to tear it down this winter and do a frame off restoration... The engine is strong with only 6,000 on it... But I want to refinish the frame and build a cafe style seat. I'd also like to do a fork swap with something more modern if I can find something that matches up close.

Here's some inspiration:

Instagram
      sigpic
      Current: 99 M3
      Past: 84 325e, 84 528e

Comment

third picture would be dope as shit, albeit very uncomfortable to ride

first/second picture reminds me of the old rebel i got when i turned 18. oh the memories... nothing says "motorcycle" like losing drag races with stock civics... when the other person doesn't even know they're racing you

Comment

Originally posted by jalopi View Post
          third picture would be dope as shit, albeit very uncomfortable to ride

first/second picture reminds me of the old rebel i got when i turned 18. oh the memories... nothing says "motorcycle" like losing drag races with stock civics... when the other person doesn't even know they're racing you
          Yeah it's a small bike, but I'm not looking for speed. Not looking to kill myself lol... I might even turn it into a scrambler... but I do love the cafe look.
          Instagram
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Downz View Post
            yup, found it on craigslist, I buy most, if not all, my bikes off craigslist, great resource if you can sift through peoples bull shit and scammers
            I thought so, I think it was built by a little shop or a few guys trying to make a cafe bizz out of their garage. They had a few bikes cleaned up and looking not too shabby, might have been over a year ago though. I assume it was more for fun as profits probably weren't really there.

Obligatory: http://www.bikeexif.com/

For more inspiration.
            Project Thread | Instagram | Phoenix, Arizona Events Thread

Comment

Originally posted by BobombETA View Post
              Yeah it's a small bike, but I'm not looking for speed. Not looking to kill myself lol... I might even turn it into a scrambler... but I do love the cafe look.
              don't worry, it's got more than double the power of a rebel, there's more enough speed to get you killed/in trouble ;)

Comment

Originally posted by jalopi View Post
                don't worry, it's got more than double the power of a rebel, there's more enough speed to get you killed/in trouble ;)
                Instagram
                sigpic

Comment

Buy me?

Comment

love me some cafe racers
                    1990 325is
                    m52b28
                    3.73lsd
                    g260 (1987 325is 5spd tranny)

Comment

Originally posted by TeXJ View Post
                      love me some cafe racers
                      ive got about 4 lined up, 2 almost done, my garage at the moment lol

Blue one in front is a 79 CX500, black one in top left is 79 XS750, middle is the lil AT1 125, and far right is the 76 CB360T, and of course, the Repsol

lots of projects, think I may have a problem

Comment

HAHA nice garage man!
                        1990 325is
                        m52b28
                        3.73lsd
                        g260 (1987 325is 5spd tranny)

Comment

Originally posted by TeXJ View Post
                          HAHA nice garage man!
                          ha thanks man, deals kept popping up so i had to grab them, hoping to have some shop space soon, things are going in that direction, very exciting

Comment

I painted my honda red vfr800 to a BMW brg green.

Comment

Originally posted by Downz View Post
                              ha thanks man, deals kept popping up so i had to grab them, hoping to have some shop space soon, things are going in that direction, very exciting
                              You totally have a problem, but that's ok. There are worse vices.

Dozy - That looks perfect, classy as hell.
                              Project Thread | Instagram | Phoenix, Arizona Events Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Dozyproductions View Post

I painted my honda red vfr800 to a BMW brg green.
                                i love that color!

Comment

Working...
                                X