The r3v motorcycle thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheTacoMan View Post
    If anyone has the chance to try quick shifters, it is mind blowing.
    Just fitted one to my Fz10, its hilarious. Clutchless shifting FTW.
    Absolutely loved the Annitori shifter on my GSXR.

I desperately want to try the auto-blippers on the new GSXR 1000rr, clutch-less shifting up and down the gearbox :D
    2007 Range Rover Sport S/C

Comment

Originally posted by TheTacoMan View Post
      If anyone has the chance to try quick shifters, it is mind blowing.
      Just fitted one to my Fz10, its hilarious. Clutchless shifting FTW.
      I've never tried one but I feel like it would take away some of the fun. Maybe that's just me

Comment

Nah, it's just flat shifting for your bike. Doesn't take away any fun on street or track, it is fun to bang through the gears without lifting and does make a difference in the 1/4mi if you're so inclined.

IG @turbovarg
        '91 318is, M20 turbo
        [CoTM: 4-18]
        '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
        - updated 1-26

Comment

Few pics of my Grandpas 65' R50/2. Hasn't ran in at least 25years, most likely longer. I've been bugging him to hand it down to me so I can fix it up but he still insists on keeping it. Kinda a shame especially since it was just put in storage for no real reason and sat ever since.

1992 M tech 2 Convertible - S50 Swap
          1992 e34 Touring- S50 Swap
          1992 325i-S50 Swap (SOLD)

1995 e36 M3 Mugello Red - S50 (SOLD)
          1991 325i Convertible Laguna Green (SOLD)
          1987 325i (SOLD);1992 M tech 2 Convertible (SOLD)
          1988 325i Convertible Alpine White (SOLD)
          Brilliantrot Convertible 80k Miles (SOLD)
          1992 325i Convertible Schwarz (SOLD)
          1992 318i Convertible Project-Finished (SOLD)

Comment

Originally posted by TroyShark View Post
            I've never tried one but I feel like it would take away some of the fun. Maybe that's just me
            I can assure you, especially with GP shifting like I have, it's an absolute blast to just slam down through the gears without being slowed down by anything!

Comment

Originally posted by KIRIEIW View Post

Beautiful!

Originally posted by Ryan... View Post
              I can assure you, especially with GP shifting like I have, it's an absolute blast to just slam down through the gears without being slowed down by anything!
              I've heard the quick shifters are so fun that once you ride a bike with one, its hard to go back to normal shifting. I bang through gears no prob on the dirt bike and banshee, but the CBR doesnt like that too much unless your laying into it, maybe some day, but banshee gets all the money at the moment

speaking of banshee, heres where im at after a fresh rattle can paint job, I'm not looking for perfection with this thing like some of those chrome'd out ones you see at the dunes, function over form, it'll look just fine screaming down the trail

Comment

That R50/2 is amazing!

Did the Cherohala Skyway last Sunday. Was a bit foggy/cloudy but still a beautiful ride in the fall. Got pretty cold above 4000ft though should've brought my liner..

Comment

Successfully dismantled and partially rebuilt a CB700SC inline 4 engine, first for me getting into something that serious.

Honed cylinders, replaced a few crankshaft bearings, replaced the starter chain and timing chain.

These particular engines have a chain for the starter that goes around the center of the crank which tends to break, cases need to be split and crank removed for installation. The engine had a broken chain and was from a parts bike so I didn't want waste a lot of money on parts for what could have been junk so I just did the minimum to get it back up and running. Cleaned pistons and rings, they were in spec.

BTW, CRC gasket remover works excellent at removing hard baked on carbon build up.

Started and ran perfectly once I found the pulse sensor didn't have the correct air gap, good power and shifting, no smoke.

Breaking in the cylinders by revving up and then letting off under load.

Yay for me!!

Comment

Spring?

The E30 was in the shop for a bit over winter so I put 3k miles on the V-Strom doing daily transportation duty in Dec-Jan.

Still found some fun-time but overall, glad my car's back and it's not 15 degrees anymore...

Comment

Any non-manufacturer/model specif motorcycle forums or blogs you guys like? I have my car websites, havent found many motorcycle sites I like.

Comment

Originally posted by MasukBMW View Post
                        Any non-manufacturer/model specif motorcycle forums or blogs you guys like? I have my car websites, havent found many motorcycle sites I like.

I like ThumperTalk for my off road stuff, but aside from model specific ones ill lurk to get info for repairs/mods and what not, R3V is pretty much the only automotive forum I use still to this day, and I havent owned an e30 in almost 10 years :nice:

Comment

Picked up a 2000 Ducati ST4 with some internal upgrades (hotter cam/pistons/ecu) and sprockets to use as my new daily rider.

Comment

^oowee thats a pretty piece.
                            I love yellow ducatis

This is one of my favorite bikes ever (aesthetically speaking, havent ridden enough to have a mech/performance opionion)
                            1984 Delphin 318i 2 door

Comment

Originally posted by wworm View Post
                              ^oowee thats a pretty piece.
                              I love yellow ducatis

This is one of my favorite bikes ever (aesthetically speaking, havent ridden enough to have a mech/performance opionion)
                              Thanks! I was unsure about yellow until I saw it in person, it's really grown on me :)

I had a 916 a couple years back, absolutely beautiful bike, but damn was it uncomfortable for cruising to/from work! Whereas I could easily ride any of my CBRs, R6, GSXR, etc, the 916 made my wrists, elbows, knees, back, and butt hurt after about 30 minutes lol

Awesome bike for carving up twisty roads, but not much else. I do miss it terribly :(

Comment

Originally posted by varg View Post
                                Nah, it's just flat shifting for your bike. Doesn't take away any fun on street or track, it is fun to bang through the gears without lifting and does make a difference in the 1/4mi if you're so inclined.
                                Off topic, love your avatar.
                                BEERTECH

Comment

Working...
                                X