This is Photography

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • BlackbirdM3
    replied
    So I did it... bought a D810 body. Should be here tomorrow. I'm shooting a classic sailboat race from one of the boats on Saturday. Part of me really wants to take the 810 and my 200-500 lens, but if for some reason that combo ends up in the drink, I'm out like $4500 in equipment, and that would suck. Still, the opportunity for some epic pics makes it very very tempting.

    Will

    Leave a comment:


  • Wschnitz
    replied
    20180523-_MG_8064 by William Snitselaar, on Flickr
    20180524-_MG_8137 by William Snitselaar, on Flickr
    20180524-_MG_8129 by William Snitselaar, on Flickr
    Got a CPL from a drawer in my house like yall said. Does help quite a bit.

    Leave a comment:


  • lambo
    replied
    Originally posted by mrsleeve
    lastly invest in good ones with a neutral color transmission, like b&w they can be had for reasonable on amzon normally under 80 bucks most common sizes less than 65mm objective. You put cheap filters in front of good glass you totally negate the purpose of buying the good glass
    Yeah the cheap cpl I used on the 35mm I had on my D3100 produced a ton of chromatic aberration... the b&w one I have on my Sony 50mm gives me none of that.

    Leave a comment:


  • mrsleeve
    replied
    yes you should, for the amount of outdoor work you do. I almost never pull the cpl, even on cloudy days it will still reduce reflection and glare from almost al surfaces and enhance color from leaves to buildings. plus dependin on what your trying to do it will allow you to put the glare on the surface plane you want it it on. also the effect of the cpl is the only thing you cant do in post.

    lastly invest in good ones with a neutral color transmission, like b&w they can be had for reasonable on amzon normally under 80 bucks most common sizes less than 65mm objective. You put cheap filters in front of good glass you totally negate the purpose of buying the good glass

    Leave a comment:


  • Wschnitz
    replied
    Originally posted by lambo
    ^ do you have a cpl filter? One of the best things I ever bought for removing/reducing reflections from car paint/windows.
    Obv not, I should really get one for the 50 at least.

    Leave a comment:


  • george graves
    replied
    Originally posted by BlackbirdM3
    Then this one is for your grandfather. I really like T38s.
    I didn't know what a T38 was was a kid, but seeing them shadowing the Space Shuttle Enterprise test flights - was awesome.



    Then I was hooked. They are mosquitoes of a jet.

    Leave a comment:


  • lambo
    replied
    ^ do you have a cpl filter? One of the best things I ever bought for removing/reducing reflections from car paint/windows.

    Leave a comment:


  • Wschnitz
    replied
    Shot the annual campus car show today.

    20180506-_MG_7400 by William Snitselaar, on Flickr
    20180506-_MG_7336 by William Snitselaar, on Flickr
    20180506-_MG_7256 by William Snitselaar, on Flickr
    20180506-_MG_7246 by William Snitselaar, on Flickr
    20180506-_MG_7258 by William Snitselaar, on Flickr
    20180506-_MG_7276 by William Snitselaar, on Flickr
    20180506-_MG_7367 by William Snitselaar, on Flickr
    20180506-_MG_7388 by William Snitselaar, on Flickr

    Leave a comment:


  • coldweatherblue
    replied
    Thanks man, it's been fun. I used to shoot a Canon SLR back in the day then had a succession of crappy digital point-and-shoots followed by a few, sadly, better iPhones. Finally spent the money on a nicer setup.

    My friend has an A7III with a few fast prime lenses and takes some really nice photos.

    The Fuji does produce decent jpegs using the native processing. I haven't shot RAW yet since I just use the windows photo app and flickr so it works for the lazier among us..

    Leave a comment:


  • Wschnitz
    replied
    Look really nice, I was considering the XH-1 but for that price I can buy an A7III so Im just gonna do that. But Fuji really has the look down, everything about them turn me on.

    Leave a comment:


  • coldweatherblue
    replied
    Got a Fuji XT1 on sale at B+H a month ago and have had some fun getting back into photography.

    Guitar side

    Creekside

    Penny

    Leave a comment:


  • Wschnitz
    replied
    20180505-_MG_7177-3 by William Snitselaar, on Flickr
    Lil bit of saturation, but it really was this vibrant, just removed some street lights in the black area and it made a beautiful silhouette. Had to do a ton of grain reduction too, the vertical scan lines are getting crazy on my camera, still don't understand why, but probably just cause its 8 years old.

    Leave a comment:


  • Wschnitz
    replied
    20180501-_MG_7101 by William Snitselaar, on Flickr
    20180501-_MG_7115 by William Snitselaar, on Flickr
    20180501-_MG_7118 by William Snitselaar, on Flickr
    Random AMG thing i found:
    20180501-_MG_6993 by William Snitselaar, on Flickr

    Leave a comment:


  • BlackbirdM3
    replied
    For all you SoCal guys, there is a fantastic airshow at Chino this weekend. It will be a warbird target rich environment. I'll be heading down Friday.

    Will

    Leave a comment:


  • wworm
    replied
    some really cool shots in there wow. Making me want to get my camera out more

    Leave a comment:

Working...