This is Photography

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Wschnitz
    replied
    Originally posted by mrsleeve
    its been a while since I was looking for OM glass to run on my OMD, but IIRC and a quick referance to the site above I think you would get much better results form either the 180 F2 or F2.8 or the 100 F2. They were more upmarket pro line lenses that will give you better color rendering on the modern "Sensor" lol
    Maybe but honestly mainly looking for cheaper ones to just run on the film camera for now, as I still don't know exactly what FF DSLR ill buy.

    Edit: I have an almost unreasonable desire for a FujiFilm XH-1 or XT-2 solely cause the physical dials are basically sexual.
    Last edited by Wschnitz; 04-02-2018, 05:37 PM.

    Leave a comment:


  • mrsleeve
    replied
    its been a while since I was looking for OM glass to run on my OMD, but IIRC and a quick referance to the site above I think you would get much better results form either the 180 F2 or F2.8 or the 100 F2. They were more upmarket pro line lenses that will give you better color rendering on the modern "Sensor" lol

    You want the fancy coatings they help with color rendering, lens flare, and chromatic aberration (though aberration is more the quality of the glass and the precision of the grind) along with glass protection and so on. Muilt coatings are very important on any precision optic from binocs to photo glass to your spectacles, or your sunglasses

    Leave a comment:


  • Wschnitz
    replied
    Im thinking about picking up the 135mm 2.8/f eventually as my cheap telephoto Prime.



    Seem to be affordable and has decent glass even though no fancy coatings.

    some of the more expensive options like the 85mm 2/f and etc probably wont happen unless I run them on my DSLR

    Leave a comment:


  • mrsleeve
    replied
    Well you can shoot them in Apature priority, on most of the M4/3 and similar set ups with an adapter so thats keeping the demand up somewhat, that and the OM line up had great great glass and muilti coatings. For the current out lay they are bargain for the quality of the glass your getting so long as you do your homework and are not getting the kit glass and getting the better ones. IIRC the 1 of the Really fast prime Telephotos ( the 250 F2 or 350 f2.8) were just recently (last decade or so) retired form NASA from orbital photo duty on shuttle missions as the sharpest lens they had ever tested....

    Good OM glass referance page

    An unofficial guide to manual Zuiko lenses for Oympus OM cameras. You'll love it! Really! Click now!
    Last edited by mrsleeve; 04-02-2018, 05:05 PM.

    Leave a comment:


  • Wschnitz
    replied
    Originally posted by mrsleeve
    cant really beat OM glass I nearly bought an OM 3 a couple years back....
    Was looking at tele's and some Macros and they are still hilariously expensive.

    Leave a comment:


  • mrsleeve
    replied
    cant really beat OM glass I nearly bought an OM 3 a couple years back....

    Leave a comment:


  • Wschnitz
    replied
    Dug an old friend out, My wonderful Olympus OM-1(MD). Now I can say I shoot full frame ;)

    20180402-_MG_5248 by William Snitselaar, on Flickr

    Leave a comment:


  • Wschnitz
    replied
    Yeah I was kind of considering D810's too since they are affordable on CL but I think im locked into a New A7III with the cheap 50mm 1.8/f.

    I don't want to buy another old camera, some of the QoL stuff on new cameras would be refreshing.

    Leave a comment:


  • BlackbirdM3
    replied
    That is a cool shot with the steam from the stack.

    I almost bought a D810 body this weekend. It took self restraint not to do so.

    Will

    Leave a comment:


  • Wschnitz
    replied
    20180401-_MG_5239-2 by William Snitselaar, on Flickr

    Leave a comment:


  • Wschnitz
    replied
    Tricked my 1-4 stop Variable ND filter into being a 4-6 Stop so I could do a 25s Exposure in daylight, Im going to have to pick up a 10 Stop static cause the variable sucks.
    20180330-_MG_5086-4 by William Snitselaar, on Flickr
    20180330-_MG_5132 by William Snitselaar, on Flickr
    Last edited by Wschnitz; 03-30-2018, 04:49 PM.

    Leave a comment:


  • jhaurimn
    replied
    Picked up a barely-used 70D for $400 a couple months ago, and have since acquired nice used examples of a canon 24-70mm f4 IS, and a canon 70-200 f4 IS. Anxious for car season to start up again.

    Leave a comment:


  • Wschnitz
    replied
    Really deep clouds. I'm dying to go back home to Washington to explore my photography more, can only do so much on foot in a small Wisconsin town and feel satisfied.

    Leave a comment:


  • BlackbirdM3
    replied
    I've been trying to teach myself how to do hyperlapse movies over the past couple evenings. I caught this frame (originally in color) with my first attempt (the video ended up kinda sucking, but some of the images I caught were cool)



    Will

    Leave a comment:


  • Wschnitz
    replied
    Really cool! I did a test timelapse out my window to test out the new functionality of camera with MagicLantern installed coincidentally.



    Youtube embed not work anymore?



    Jpeg sequence so bland and ugly colors, but it was while I was away for 8 hours so didnt want my desktops hard drive to be full on returning.

    I want to do a RAW sequence of something a bit more interesting, but after just doing this test what the guy did in the video above must have taken ages. The part in the car too where it tracks the clouds must have been ass unless there is technology to do that on a gimbal.

    Leave a comment:

Working...