This is Photography

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • BlackbirdM3
    replied
    A few more shots from this weekend.









    Will

    Leave a comment:


  • BlackbirdM3
    replied
    Originally posted by PacificExposure
    Fantastic shot. Here's the man himself:

    He should be proud of his bird. There aren't many aircraft that have such a long lifespan in the military. Sure, there are other trainers out there, but none of them are as good as the T38.

    Will

    Leave a comment:


  • PacificExposure
    replied
    Originally posted by BlackbirdM3
    Then this one is for your grandfather. I really like T38s. The Thunderbirds were at their best when they flew them. One of the reasons they were picked for the SR-71 program is that their subsonic flight characteristics are similar to the SR-71s. They really are an amazing plane.


    Will
    Fantastic shot. Here's the man himself:

    Leave a comment:


  • BlackbirdM3
    replied
    Originally posted by PacificExposure
    Such a great photo! My grandfather was the lead aeronautical engineer on the T38. He always had the patent and scale model in his office. He passed this year but he was always so proud that they are still one of the safest supersonic trainers and that they’re still being flown.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Then this one is for your grandfather. I really like T38s. The Thunderbirds were at their best when they flew them. One of the reasons they were picked for the SR-71 program is that their subsonic flight characteristics are similar to the SR-71s. They really are an amazing plane.


    Will

    Leave a comment:


  • PacificExposure
    replied
    Originally posted by BlackbirdM3
    Thanks. I was shooting from the ground. Gotta love a 500mm lens. Why will you not see this formation anywhere else? Because those T38s are based at Beale as are all the U2s. Its very rare to have even one escort for a U2 let alone two. This was done as a tribute to a U2 pilot who was killed last year in the crash of one of the two seat trainer U2s.



    Will


    Such a great photo! My grandfather was the lead aeronautical engineer on the T38. He always had the patent and scale model in his office. He passed this year but he was always so proud that they are still one of the safest supersonic trainers and that they’re still being flown.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    Leave a comment:


  • BlackbirdM3
    replied
    Originally posted by Reichart12
    For the uneducated plane people, why not?

    Great photos btw. Are you shooting from another plane or are these all from the ground?
    Thanks. I was shooting from the ground. Gotta love a 500mm lens. Why will you not see this formation anywhere else? Because those T38s are based at Beale as are all the U2s. Its very rare to have even one escort for a U2 let alone two. This was done as a tribute to a U2 pilot who was killed last year in the crash of one of the two seat trainer U2s.

    Will

    Leave a comment:


  • Reichart12
    replied
    Originally posted by BlackbirdM3
    You will not find this formation anywhere else in the world.
    For the uneducated plane people, why not?

    Great photos btw. Are you shooting from another plane or are these all from the ground?

    Leave a comment:


  • 2mAn
    replied
    crazy stuff happening over here

    Leave a comment:


  • BlackbirdM3
    replied
    I figured I needed a warm up before next weekends epic airshow at Chino. Beale AFB.





    You will not find this formation anywhere else in the world.

    The climb rate of a U2 is insane. This is a normal takeoff.



    I knew Yaks were small, but damn.

    Not a B25... A PBJ-1D




    Those are just a few highlights that I've found, I shot a lot of pics.

    Will
    Last edited by BlackbirdM3; 04-29-2018, 11:11 PM.

    Leave a comment:


  • PacificExposure
    replied
    Originally posted by lambo
    What does smugmug do? I'm genuinely curious. I hadn't heard about them until this Flickr acquisition.


    I’ve used it to host my portfolio for a few years. Reasonable monthly expense, flexible pricing for prints, good margins, great quality and fast shipping.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    Leave a comment:


  • lambo
    replied
    Originally posted by PacificExposure
    It’s just convenient for forum viewing. If you want to see my high res portfolio, go to www.pacificexposure.smugmug.com


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    What does smugmug do? I'm genuinely curious. I hadn't heard about them until this Flickr acquisition.

    Leave a comment:


  • PacificExposure
    replied
    Originally posted by Wschnitz
    Ooof A7RII and use imgur uploads? rip quality.


    It’s just convenient for forum viewing. If you want to see my high res portfolio, go to www.pacificexposure.smugmug.com


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    Leave a comment:


  • Wschnitz
    replied
    Ooof A7RII and use imgur uploads? rip quality.

    Leave a comment:


  • Reichart12
    replied
    Nicely done. That's a good collection of photos. I really like the astro one and the flowers pano right after it

    Leave a comment:


  • PacificExposure
    replied
    Hey friends. Been creeping on here for a few month since starting my S50 swap project. Thought I'd share some of my favorite shots from over the years. For years I shot with a Canon 6D, but like most, I have transition into mirrorless with the Sony A7Rii. It's a beast! Enjoy:





































    Last edited by PacificExposure; 04-27-2018, 08:52 AM.

    Leave a comment:

Working...