This is Photography
Collapse
X
-
the Olympus OM-1 is a great starter film camera if you can find a good one. Love mine. -
This is Photography
Check out Pentax K1000s too. The K1000 SE has a split screen focus like the AE-1 but has a better (in my opinion) light metering system. The AE1 meter tells you what aperture to set while the K1000 tells you what shutter speed to set. It's definitely easier to get shots with the K1000 if you like doing soft depth of field type images. However, if you don't care as much about the aperture setting and just want the camera to figure that stuff out for you, both the AE-1 and AE-1 program have a setting where the camera will set the aperture its self.
The Canon f/1.8 and the Pentax f/2 lenses are both great.
If you pick up a K1000 keep an eye out for the earlier ones that had Asahi printed on the outside of the viewfinder.
I shoot with Nikon FM2s and F3s and I still love picking up one of those old K1000s time to time.Leave a comment:
-
-
personally, i have never shot olympus. i suppose they do make good cameras and lenses. they are a lot more uncommon, though.
if it were me, i would shoot nikon or canon in that order. there are just so many more lens choices available. if you have friends shooting slr equipment, you can trade off lenses with them if they shoot the same brand you do.
you can buy a camera like an blackbird's f4 very reasonably on eBay. its a very good camera. for a little over 200.00 or perhaps 250, you can get into an f5 which is almost the best film camera that nikon ever made. choosing the right glass is another story that will fill up the pages of another entry on this thread.
i don't know your experience level or budget but if i were to dabble in film, i would step up to a medium format camera like the mamiya 6. this is the camera i am looking at right now.Last edited by flyboyx; 06-27-2016, 10:48 AM.Leave a comment:
-
I've got a Nikon F4S that works (or did last time I used it several years ago.) PM me and lets talk. I got several lenses, focusing screens, remote shutter that I'd let go with it.
WillLeave a comment:
-
If your going oldschool like an ae-1 I would be looking into the olympus OM lineup, great glass for the time and a bit cheaper than canon/Nikon stuff but just as good.
Yes I still shot a roll or 2 of film a year on my grandpas old minolta rigLeave a comment:
-
Ive been thinking about picking up a film camera ( like maybe an AE-1) do any of you guys have experience with film?Leave a comment:
-
I couldn't believe the sunset we had here in the Bay Area that night!Leave a comment:
-


















Leave a comment: