This is Photography

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Wschnitz
    replied
    I really need to get back into photography, gotten so lazy recently I just take pics and go nah no editing.

    Leave a comment:


  • BlackbirdM3
    replied
    This might be of use to a lot of people. I'm not sure how long the deal lasts, but I'm told its got some very good plug ins for Lightroom and Photoshop. Best thing is that its.... Free.



    Will

    Leave a comment:


  • Neil1138
    replied
    Some of the latest of the e30.







    More sexy photos than you can handle: https://www.flickr.com/photos/neil1138

    <3

    Leave a comment:


  • mrsleeve
    replied
    I have been in UT lately too

    from some of my recent roaming about
    IMG_8268 by mrsleeve, on Flickr

    IMG_8398 by mrsleeve, on Flickr
    Last edited by mrsleeve; 03-22-2016, 05:30 PM.

    Leave a comment:


  • NickL
    replied
    Been traveling a bit lately



    Leave a comment:


  • b*saint
    replied
    Some people just need to say no to HDR.

    Leave a comment:


  • Pantless Spency
    replied
    Originally posted by M20
    I really like this one as well. Lady on the right completes the image.

    Just got my hands on a Leica 50/1.4; will have to post some photos after I get the adapter to mate it to the 5D.
    how the fuck do you have that user name with a join date of 2016 my mind is completely blown.

    Leave a comment:


  • M20
    replied
    Originally posted by Griff_
    I also enjoy street photography. My schools photo teacher seemed to really like this one.

    Ilford HP5 400 35mm
    Nikon F3
    Nikkor f/1.8 50mm
    I really like this one as well. Lady on the right completes the image.

    Just got my hands on a Leica 50/1.4; will have to post some photos after I get the adapter to mate it to the 5D.

    Leave a comment:


  • mrsleeve
    replied
    F6.3 @ 483mm with a Tamron 150-600 on my 6D

    Leave a comment:


  • flyboyx
    replied
    ^thats cool. do you know what aperture you used? for pics like that, i usually try to open the lens as far as it will go to blur the background and foreground.

    when i used to shoot 35mm film, i had some nice lenses a tokina 80-200 f2.8 and a tamron 300 f2.8. the tokina was sold. i still have the 300mm but it went under water during hurricane ike in 2008. its nothing but a paper weight now days. i miss those lenses.

    Leave a comment:


  • mrsleeve
    replied
    went too the zoo the other day

    IMG_7641 by mrsleeve, on Flickr

    Leave a comment:


  • Wschnitz
    replied
    [QUOTE=mrsleeve;4593728]UMMMM key words right here

    Originally posted by link
    the ability to automatically upload photos from your hard drive, Flickr is removing the feature from free accounts.

    bolded for the point

    I read that as Flickr is making the auto upload tool from a paid service, you know the one that as soon as you take a pic of something the app uploads it.... IF you use Flickr as your primary storage of images I can see how this might piss you off. but for the lions share of it seems like Flickr caters too (high quality good photo hosting that the user is selective about the photos they post) its not going to be any skin off their backs. This is flickr just not trying to be instagram anymore
    From whats said on reddit its the whole desktop app that is paid, the online uploadr is free.

    Both are trash but the desktop one was faster then web upload.

    Either way Ive been getting sick of the direction yahoo has taken flickr, the free TB was nice as a reparation for making me memorize another damn account. But the uploader quality has gone super downhill, often it takes multiple tries to upload stuff.

    Leave a comment:


  • mrsleeve
    replied
    UMMMM key words right here

    [quote=link] the ability to automatically upload photos from your hard drive, Flickr is removing the feature from free accounts.

    bolded for the point

    I read that as Flickr is making the auto upload tool from a paid service, you know the one that as soon as you take a pic of something the app uploads it.... IF you use Flickr as your primary storage of images I can see how this might piss you off. but for the lions share of it seems like Flickr caters too (high quality good photo hosting that the user is selective about the photos they post) its not going to be any skin off their backs. This is flickr just not trying to be instagram anymore

    Leave a comment:


  • Wschnitz
    replied
    The Verge is about technology and how it makes us feel. Founded in 2011, we offer our audience everything from breaking news to reviews to award-winning features and investigations, on our site, in video, and in podcasts.


    So uhhh, yeah guys RIP in pieces flickr.

    Time for someone else to step up... Now to download all my photos from flickr to put onto a spare drive...

    To 500px I go!

    Leave a comment:


  • Griff_
    replied
    This is Photography

    I want to get back into taking photos! When I got my license, and got really into cars, I began to go out and shoot less and less. Maybe I can take my FM2 out to my next car event. I'm not the best photographer, but I enjoy shooting.

    Here are a couple photos I have on hand:

    I'll start with the car one. At a local SCCA rallyX of a 02/03 bug eye WRX Wagon.

    Here is what I used:
    Ilford HP5 400 35mm
    Pentax k1000
    Pentax f/2 50mm
    Tripod (can't remember details on it)
    It was a sunny day with a lot of light. I would crop it closer to the car if I where printing it. I had the lens closed down slightly with a quick shutter speed.

    I also enjoy street photography. My schools photo teacher seemed to really like this one.

    Ilford HP5 400 35mm
    Nikon F3
    Nikkor f/1.8 50mm
    I had the lens wide open at 1/60 of a sec I believe. The area was lit pretty decently and Ilford HP5 seems to handle low light.

    Some people hate my photos and some people love them, weird. Anyone on here still shoot with classic cameras? I had to sell most of mine for car parts, including my beloved mint Nikon F (regret selling that big time), but am keeping my AE1, K1000, SRT101, FM, FM2, and F3.
    Last edited by Griff_; 02-20-2016, 09:55 PM.

    Leave a comment:

Working...