This is Photography

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • J.Rizo
    replied
    Originally posted by shameson
    Just some pictures from the last few months. Only got into photography this summer

    download lightroom or photoshop, those first three would look a lot better with a few color tweaks! but otherwise awesome captures, I really like the first two.

    Leave a comment:


  • shameson
    replied
    Just some pictures from the last few months. Only got into photography this summer



    Leave a comment:


  • gkurey
    replied
    Any one looking into trying the Sony A7R II?

    Leave a comment:


  • J.Rizo
    replied
    Originally posted by lambo
    I'm in the exact same situation with the exact same body and exact same lens lol. I decided I'm waiting until I can drop FF money on a body and new glass. I don't feel like making the incremental steps up.

    sameeeeeeeee. D5100, but still, same class of bodies. and yeah same here, just gonna wait for ff. I waited this long, might as well wait for a upgrade worthwhile.

    Leave a comment:


  • lambo
    replied
    Originally posted by Reichart12
    Been thinking about upgrade camera body. Ive had the d3100 for just under two years and the 35mm 1.8 just under one year. Ive been thinking about the d7200 to keep with the Nikon name and I don't think I want to drop full frame money. Main uses will be cars and landscape while hiking, someday I want to get into portraits. Do you think upgrading over the d3100 will help out much? Any suggestions?
    I'm in the exact same situation with the exact same body and exact same lens lol. I decided I'm waiting until I can drop FF money on a body and new glass. I don't feel like making the incremental steps up.

    Leave a comment:


  • J.Rizo
    replied
    went out with a buddy of mine to finally shoot his new 5.0. was bummed though, we went a week after he sold his old wheels/a week before he got his new wheels, so hes just on his stocks in the photos. nonetheless, I love this location and it makes any car look badass, stock or not.





















    Leave a comment:


  • flyboyx
    replied
    full frame probably isn't necessary unless you are semi pro or better. full frame lenses also cost a lot more. i would get a newer crop sensor camera because the auto focus and metering will be better. buy the best lenses you can afford. avoid at all cost the factory lenses that come with camera kits. they suck big dirty ass. look closely at the sigma 18-250 zoom. good glass quality, lots of versatility in a small package and price.

    i agree with sleeve....my blood bleeds canon, but right now the camera bodies made by nikon are blowing canon out of the water-especially in terms of light meters and ccd sensors.

    Leave a comment:


  • Wschnitz
    replied
    Your pictures look pretty nice to me, Could get FF if you want but better glass is a bigger deal in my opinion. My mom still uses here 12 year old Canon Rebel XTi and it takes great pictures with my 50mm f/1.4 and her 8-16mm f/4.5 Wide angle.

    Leave a comment:


  • Reichart12
    replied
    Yeah its always a tough call on what to do when a lot of money is involved. There's a budget 24-85mm but I think it'd be consider a kit for the FX line. It could be a decent buy for now before I really save up for a better body. Maybe by then a new body would be released making 750's cheaper.

    And who knows, I might be shooting in Montana next year too. I applied to grad school in Bozeman.

    Leave a comment:


  • mrsleeve
    replied
    A newer FF body with higher DR and better low light ISO performance will help greatly for landscapes in some situations and I would think better DR would be beneficial for shooting car stuff .

    I would put my money into glass right now, that would work on a FF or better crop body from nikon as well as your current set up. Get your glass collection closer to where you want it then drop some money on a nice gently used D750 or D810. I will admit after messing with a friends 810 for a couple hours this summer, I was seriously thinking about ditching my canon and olympus rigs to fund an 810 set up.

    Currently I am looking to go the other way, of sorts. I love my 6d but for wildlife shooting I would benfit from a good crop body, due to the crop factor and better A/F tracking, so am looking for a deal on decent 7d to couple with my supper telephoto and just leave it on there.
    Last edited by mrsleeve; 12-02-2015, 02:47 PM.

    Leave a comment:


  • Reichart12
    replied
    Been thinking about upgrade camera body. Ive had the d3100 for just under two years and the 35mm 1.8 just under one year. Ive been thinking about the d7200 to keep with the Nikon name and I don't think I want to drop full frame money. Main uses will be cars and landscape while hiking, someday I want to get into portraits. Do you think upgrading over the d3100 will help out much? Any suggestions?







    Leave a comment:


  • geoffp
    replied
    Took this in September at Garnet Lake in Ansel Adams Wilderness

    Garnet Lake by Geoff Potter, on Flickr

    Leave a comment:


  • e30onBBSs
    replied
    This is Photography


    Strausbourg France

    Leave a comment:


  • CarsonE30
    replied
    Did some canyon stuff the other day, GoPro Hero 3+

    Leave a comment:


  • ST1G
    replied
    Originally posted by Cronopoulos
    Works for me? What are you seeing wrong?
    I dislike seeing the flickr information. Which can be eliminated by selecting the specific image size prior to copying the image url.

    Leave a comment:

Working...