This is Photography

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • ST1G
    replied
    Originally posted by mrsleeve
    thats impressive way to get stuck, LOL in that thing too boot Shots make me miss home, been stuck in PA since june and IN before that....
    I feel bad for you, I couldn't be away from the Northwest that long.

    Originally posted by Reichart12
    ^Dam, you guys could use some water...

    Yeah, Idaho is in a bad drought. This reservoir is just less than half empty. The reservoir below it is nearly full and is larger. We are doing Okay, could be much worse. We still have water for Potatoes so all is not lost.

    Leave a comment:


  • Reichart12
    replied
    ^Dam, you guys could use some water...



    Leave a comment:


  • mrsleeve
    replied
    thats impressive way to get stuck, LOL in that thing too boot Shots make me miss home, been stuck in PA since june and IN before that.... On a similar note with no pics we had a full on only 3 wheels on the ground situation going on, half crossed up, on a fairly steep side hill with a 3/4 ton dodge today.....

    Leave a comment:


  • ST1G
    replied
    Went on a little drive with a mate, he is not so good at jeeping.





    Leave a comment:


  • Spyke
    replied
    Edits/saves I did for a buddy, he didn't like the photos initially:

    DSC_0002 by Gregg, on Flickr

    DSC_0021 by Gregg, on Flickr
    A few of my recent snaps:

    LR_Enfuse 3 by Gregg, on Flickr

    IMG_0883 by Gregg, on Flickr

    IMG_0831 by Gregg, on Flickr

    IMG_0781 by Gregg, on Flickr
    Last edited by Spyke; 09-01-2015, 02:47 AM.

    Leave a comment:


  • ST1G
    replied



    Leave a comment:


  • mlbryant8
    replied
    Alaska
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • Exodus_2pt0
    replied
    I love the second from last shot. I'm still new to all this too, picked up an e420 a few years ago to learn manual settings, and finally upgraded to a d3300 a couple months ago. I don't consider myself worthy of sound advice, but I would say your biggest downside to that set is the fence line through the middle of the shot. It takes away quite a bit. Edit: just saw your comment about setup over subject, so nevermind that.

    But like I said, that second to last shot is awesome IMO.

    Some I took the other day, I really need to go on more exploration cruises with photos in mind. When I had my motorcycle I would get up super early and just start riding, with not direction in mind. Don't know why I don't do it with my car, but I'm going to start.



    Accidentally left VR on, and I think that's why this one came out slightly crooked.


    Need to bolt down my plate. Totally ruined this shot for me.


    Not sure if I shared this yet, one of my favorites. Taken at Manassas air show, my work site is right next door to the airport. Had the best seats in the house.




    Old one from my e420.

    Leave a comment:


  • willworkfore30s
    replied
    I'm looking for some tips and criticism. I inherited a 2006 Canon Rebel xti. This is my first attempt with it. I've been trying to learn about Aperture, Shutter Speed and ISO. I have a good understanding of what each does but haven't had enough practice yet to know how to fine tune. I have only posted the images that I thought were halfway decent. I'm focusing on set up more than subject here. Let me know what you guys think.

    Camera: 2006 Canon Rebel XTi
    Lens: 75-300mm Canon

    Aperture: f11
    Shutter Speed: 1/1000
    ISO: 200












    Leave a comment:


  • Reichart12
    replied
    Just a few from vacation...







    Leave a comment:


  • BlackbirdM3
    replied







    A little of what I've been shooting lately.

    Will

    Leave a comment:


  • gkurey
    replied
    Here are a few from somewhere out in the Indian Ocean:















    Leave a comment:


  • shameson
    replied
    Nice shot I got of my mom's vert yesterday
    Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	79.5 KB
ID:	7177778

    Leave a comment:


  • BlackbirdM3
    replied
    A few more recent ones. I caught DC10 tanker 912 on a fire in Vacaville Ca last night.


    BAE Tanker 12 was also there.


    Another hummingbird shot.


    Will

    Leave a comment:


  • AWDBOB
    replied
    Originally posted by pantelones

    Great photos! Really like the last one, do you have a high res version to use as a desktop background?
    Likewise!

    Here's one in 5184x3156

    Leave a comment:

Working...