This is Photography

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • phreshkid
    replied
    Whenever I see photos of the great northwest, I can't help but want to live there.

    I think I'm going to start a program that allows you to live/spend part of the year in other places. Things like work, housing, and transportation will be apart of the program. This way people can go out and really live.


    But I'm sure I'm already 10 years behind the curve and this has been invented.

    Leave a comment:


  • ST1G
    replied
    Took a drive with a mate into the canyon lands north of Boise.






    Leave a comment:


  • phreshkid
    replied
    Originally posted by Reichart12
    On my car pictures I always like to drop some exposure on the ground in front of the car. I think it draws the eye away from the bland road and gives more emphasis on the car. Either that or I add some vignette thatll darken the corners.
    That's good advice. I will attempt that on the photo with the 962 Race Car.


    Thank you!

    Leave a comment:


  • Reichart12
    replied
    Originally posted by phreshkid



    I think this photo could use less color in the foreground, but I have yet to play with the editing tools that allow me to select and edit only parts of the image. Soon.
    On my car pictures I always like to drop some exposure on the ground in front of the car. I think it draws the eye away from the bland road and gives more emphasis on the car. Either that or I add some vignette thatll darken the corners.

    Leave a comment:


  • phreshkid
    replied
    Self Taught Photo Queen


    P962 driving in_ by Ryan Danco, on Flickr
    I think this photo could use less color in the foreground, but I have yet to play with the editing tools that allow me to select and edit only parts of the image. Soon.

    P962 busines end_ by Ryan Danco, on Flickr


    P356 Rear by Ryan Danco, on Flickr


    AMG GTS Front by Ryan Danco, on Flickr


    Clarion BMW 2002_ by Ryan Danco, on Flickr

    Leave a comment:


  • ST1G
    replied
    That guy is number 1.

    Leave a comment:


  • MAXELHOFF
    replied
    Smart phone wins

    wins!
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • mlbryant8
    replied
    Never seen before
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • Wschnitz
    replied
    At least your lens was a little better suited to the job then mine, those look way better then my crop haha.

    Leave a comment:


  • rturbo 930
    replied
    Alright. Here's mine. I'm pretty new to photography still so there's a lot of room for improvement. I used some settings I found from googling, and also just experimented a bit. Camera is a T3i, lens is a 55-250mm. I took about 70 pics, these are the best of the bunch, I think.

    First one, actually from the previous night. I think this was actually hand held, and it's the best one I got from both nights. Go figure.


    F5.6, ISO 800, Shutter speed, 1/500

    And a few from Sunday night.


    F10, ISO 100, Shutter speed 1/125


    F11, ISO 200, Shutter speed 1/200


    F11, ISO 200, Shutter speed 1/200

    Comments and criticism welcome.

    Leave a comment:


  • Exodus_2pt0
    replied


    Cheap tripod
    Cheap 500mm Reflector lens
    D3300

    It was very cloudy, so I had to snap shots whenever the sky opened up for a few seconds. This really made it hard to dial in the focus, as the lense I was using is extremely sensitive.

    Another night when I first got the lens. I need to order a 2x magnifier for it and see what happens. I'm actually very impressed with it's ability to capture light, these were all taken on about a 1 second exposure or less at 800-1600 ISO

    Leave a comment:


  • Wschnitz
    replied
    Originally posted by rturbo 930
    I took some pics too, will post them up later. Not entirely pleased with how they came out though.
    Yeah I didnt really get too many good pics, and got tired and had to do classwork before it became a blood moon.

    IMG_0466 by Wschnitz, on Flickr

    Seas of volcanic basalt in montana. At least thats where I think it was.

    Leave a comment:


  • rturbo 930
    replied
    I took some pics too, will post them up later. Not entirely pleased with how they came out though.

    Leave a comment:


  • Wschnitz
    replied
    Took a picture of the Lunar Eclipse, sharpened it a bit in photoshop, but I didnt exactly have the right tool for the job.

    IMG_0587 by Wschnitz, on Flickr

    Canon EOS 60D with a 50mm 1.4/f At like 1/2500 100 ISO etc.

    Leave a comment:


  • rloewy
    replied
    Dog Surfing competition, Imperial Beach, CA

    Olympus E-PM2, 40-150mm R





    Leave a comment:

Working...