This is Photography

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Reichart12
    replied
    Hmm interesting perspective. I normally seem to keep it below 3seconds. Possibly because of light limits with just a CPL, but it would be cool to see how some of the waterfalls Im around often look at 10seconds. I guess a bit of detail left is my normal.


    And my Snoqualmie photo was 9 shots stitched together in post. Way too crowded to want to set up a tripod for that.

    Leave a comment:


  • mrsleeve
    replied
    Originally posted by Reichart12
    You guys think those could have benefited with a longer exposure? I have a 10 stop but its cheap and cast a purple glow so I don't use it much even if its easily fixed in LR.
    yeah I tend to like the smooth blur of moving water.... 8-10 sec exposure is normally enough, and yeah if its a shity one and you have to fix it after, I would just stop the aperture down as much as I could and just live with it and the CPL....

    one of my favs at 8 sec and f13 with a CPL and 10stop ND

    IMG_2822 by mrsleeve, on Flickr

    Forgot my ND so I had to stop way down on this one but this is 10 sec, much longer and the water would have been totally blown out
    IMG_0954 by mrsleeve, on Flickr

    Leave a comment:


  • Wschnitz
    replied
    You definitely dont need to conform to a look or anything. Im just a fan of long exposures.

    Next Paycheck Im gonna buy a 24-70 and the 10 stop ND so I can do some again.

    Leave a comment:


  • coldweatherblue
    replied
    I thought your photos were well exposed.

    I'd be curious to see the Snoqualmie Falls pic stopped down with a longer exposure but at the same time your pic shows well the detail of the falls.

    Leave a comment:


  • Wschnitz
    replied
    Originally posted by Reichart12
    You guys think those could have benefited with a longer exposure? I have a 10 stop but its cheap and cast a purple glow so I don't use it much even if its easily fixed in LR.
    For water I notice really good looking long exposures around 30-60s with F4-F8 aperture so that not everything is extra sharp.

    Leave a comment:


  • Reichart12
    replied
    You guys think those could have benefited with a longer exposure? I have a 10 stop but its cheap and cast a purple glow so I don't use it much even if its easily fixed in LR.

    Leave a comment:


  • Wschnitz
    replied
    I just think 2-6 stops are more versatile cause you can use them for video stuff too.

    Leave a comment:


  • mrsleeve
    replied
    ^
    ^
    Even with a CPL a 6 stop is often not enough when a very bright sun lit days. I normally shot a 10 stop ND when doing fast moving water. When I remember to bring it that is lol

    Leave a comment:


  • Wschnitz
    replied
    Gotta Get yourself a 6 stop ND

    Leave a comment:


  • Reichart12
    replied






    Leave a comment:


  • Wschnitz
    replied
    I've definitely fallen in love with FF.

    _SRC2112 by William Snitselaar, on Flickr
    _SRC2006 by William Snitselaar, on Flickr
    _SRC1892 by William Snitselaar, on Flickr
    _SRC1804 by William Snitselaar, on Flickr
    _SRC1758 by William Snitselaar, on Flickr
    _SRC1703 by William Snitselaar, on Flickr
    _SRC1666 by William Snitselaar, on Flickr
    _SRC1847 by William Snitselaar, on Flickr

    Leave a comment:


  • BlackbirdM3
    replied





    Will

    Leave a comment:


  • BlackbirdM3
    replied
    I had a Holy Epic Sunset Batman! evening.
    These are unedited, straight off the camera. (Ok, converted from RAW to JPG)



    This one is a little edited,


    Fire Moon from the same evening as the pics I posted above.


    Will

    Leave a comment:


  • Wschnitz
    replied
    _SRC1446 by William Snitselaar, on Flickr

    Leave a comment:


  • Wschnitz
    replied
    Yeah I wouldn't expect much out of a BB board in terms of image hosing, hence why everyone here uses flickr or imgur.

    I think some of the shots in these rolls of UltraMax are some of the better photos I've Ever Taken.

    img166 by William Snitselaar, on Flickr
    img164 by William Snitselaar, on Flickr
    img152 by William Snitselaar, on Flickr
    img131 by William Snitselaar, on Flickr
    img127 by William Snitselaar, on Flickr
    img125 by William Snitselaar, on Flickr
    img121 by William Snitselaar, on Flickr
    img138 by William Snitselaar, on Flickr

    Leave a comment:

Working...