This is Photography
Collapse
X
-
haha yeah some places definitely smelled pretty rough. No extra sharpening in post. Just my normal work to get the lighting a bit better and to my liking. All my photos get a pass through Lightroom. And like MrSleeve said, its a 85mm shot at 3.2 so if you can hit focus right on it'll produce a good image. -
^
I doubt its anything in post, just a well executed shot with a Nikon 85 f1.4 where it really starts to shine for Sharpness starts at F2.8, and is really nice at 3.2
Here are a couple of mine form last weekend in AZ a touch under exposed perhaps.....
IMG_1630 by mrsleeve, on Flickr
IMG_1629 by mrsleeve, on Flickr
Last edited by mrsleeve; 03-16-2018, 10:07 AM.Leave a comment:
-
Originally posted by Reichart12;4879815
[url=https://flic.kr/p/248HW6Y
[/url]
SF is a great place to shoot, if you can get over the smell of urine from the homeless :) That last shot was nice. Was there a bit of post processing to bring it in so sharp?Leave a comment:
-
-
I did a little long exposure daylight work this afternoon. These 3 were all between 1 and 2 min exposures.



This was not a long exposure, but still pretty cool. Its a Kite (the bird) that came cruising through.

WillLeave a comment:
-
Meh if you really want to meme about glass you cant ignore how decently metabones adapter works. I do agree though, its my only hesitation point cause canon has football fields worth of glass history.
But the Sigma Art lineup coming out is tipping me over the edge, ghetto fabbed canon conversions or not.
Plus I've rented the A7II and 35mm 1.4T Zeiss lens for break, and im kind of in love.Leave a comment:
-
I'm not sure if smaller and lighter is a good thing. I've found with both my D7000 and D600 the bodies are too small, and they cause my hand to cramp. I had to go buy a battery grip for the D600 because after shooting for more than an hour, I got to the point where I couldn't hold the camera anymore. A few other people I know have had the same issue.
Also, by going with a Sony body, you are kinda stuck with either Sony or Minolta lenses. Not that they are bad, but they are limited. There are a few 3rd party lenses out there, but they may or may not be fully compatible a few years down the road. While both Sigma and Tokina can make some really good glass, the firmware on the camera won't necessarily be happy with said lens. Also, some of the older Minolta lenses won't work with the Sony body. From my standpoint, buying a Sony body is a bit of a risk considering the potential compatibility issues.
Congratulations on buying the new body. I hope it serves you well. Sony makes good stuff.
WillLeave a comment:
-
Cosmetically, it doesn't look like it's in good shape. No idea if it works, or how well. It's one of the cameras I found when cleaning out my grandparent's things.
Lens says Rokkor-X 1:1.4 f=50mm.
Along with that camera there is also have a Yashica U-Matic and some Polaroid thing. I'm guessing they're all 60s vintage.Leave a comment:
-
^
Depending on the glass you have for it, some of that old Rokkor stuff is fantastic for the what its value is now and can be adapted to shoot on some modern systems. You can likely get a a fair price for it from a photography student. 50 to 80 bucks for the body alone if its in really good shape.Leave a comment:
-
Is a Minolta XG7 worth anything? I've got one sitting here, and I have no need for it.Leave a comment:
-
Any Magic Lantern fans here? I'm really loving the focus peeking when shooting untethered.Leave a comment:
-
I had no reason not to switch. Since I wanted to go full frame I would have had to buy new lenses either way. I love how this A7 is smaller and lighter than my D3100 was.Leave a comment:
-
Well given Nikon and Olympus have been buying sony sensors for a while now they have the tech. They are a real contender now a days for sure..... I have considered it but have too much in what I have....Leave a comment:
-






Leave a comment: