No announcement yet.

OFFICIAL Land Rover thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LOL, that's partially the engine from my RRC.
    1974.5 Jensen Healey : 2003 330i/5

Comment

So the time has finally come to turn my attention to my RRC that I picked up earlier this summer. There have been a few things holding this back from being road-worthy that I need to address and a general tune-up then I should be good to go.

The question has become, repair EAS or convert to coils. I love the idea of keeping this one as close to stock as I can but part on me says fuck the EAS and convert to coils. Currently the EAS works with a fault, I have no control over the ride height and definitely a leak.

Decisions, decisions...
      2004 BMW e60 525i - Daily
      1996 BMW e36 M3 - Toy
      1994 Jeep Wrangler - Summer Toy
      1993 Range Rover Classic - Handsome Looker that never gets driven

Comment

[ATTACH]111080[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]111081[/ATTACH]

Comment

Series II 109 with RRC axles

Click image for larger version

Name:	land_rover_109_himalaya.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	87.2 KB
ID:	7188753

Name:	282ef75a60609ba60765b81903c2339b.jpg
Size:	106.1 KB
ID:	7188754

This one has a Cummins diesel swap

Name:	1971_Land_Rover_Series_SII_109_Cummins_Diesel_Modified_Expedition_Vehicle_For_Sale_Front_resize.jpg
Size:	47.3 KB
ID:	7188755

Comment

Thinking about getting this RRC as a project and turning it into a DD.

What do you guys think?

Originally posted by HarryPotter
            not to be racist but i've had multiple african americans comment on how they love my car. I've seen pics of e30's rolling through africa with at least 15-20 africans on them with ak-47's. WILD. its in the african blood. Hope this wasn't too racist, forgive me as I am intoxicated.
            Instagram: @jstnlws

Comment

Originally posted by Deltron Dirty30 View Post
              Thinking about getting this RRC as a project and turning it into a DD.

What do you guys think?

http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/m...764246093.html
              I've seen that white one and if it is truly rust free that's not bad. I've also been keeping my eye on this grey one: http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/d...788355191.html

It looks clean enough and if rust free looks like a better starting point.
              1996 BMW e36 M3 - Toy

Comment

All I can offer is don't buy an '87. Even the Rover guru couldn't keep ours running. We traded it as a parts car to the mechanic, who had a nice '95 Discovery with a newer engine swapped in. 192,000 mi at this point, but running well. Recently replaced all the tie rod ends etc. Much tighter, less wander.

Comment

Originally posted by jrossowvue30 View Post
                  I've seen that white one and if it is truly rust free that's not bad. I've also been keeping my eye on this grey one: http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/d...788355191.html

It looks clean enough and if rust free looks like a better starting point.
                  Do you think itll be a decent enough daily for the New England winter?
                  Originally posted by HarryPotter
                  not to be racist but i've had multiple african americans comment on how they love my car. I've seen pics of e30's rolling through africa with at least 15-20 africans on them with ak-47's. WILD. its in the african blood. Hope this wasn't too racist, forgive me as I am intoxicated.
                  Instagram: @jstnlws

Comment

"Everything is work!"

Yes. Yes it is.

Actually it looks pretty clean from these tiny pictures. 175k after the rebuild, is that right? Still a lot of miles on an alum Rover V8. But it's cheap, so....
                    Do you have a Land Rover shop that could check it out and know what to look for? These have air suspension, no? You can convert back to coils with some $$.

woof...

Name:	Rover & woofus.jpeg
Size:	82.5 KB
ID:	7188812

Comment

Is this just a winter DD you're looking for or a year round DD that needs to survive a NE winter? I can't think of a better ride in snow and shitty weather. Although I do not count on mine for daily duty, and I'm not sure I would want to count on it as my only everyday car, mine has never not started or left me stranded. They're great trucks, but they do needs some love and care.

Originally posted by LateFan View Post
                      "Everything is work!"

Yes. Yes it is.

Actually it looks pretty clean from these tiny pictures. 175k after the rebuild, is that right? Still a lot of miles on an alum Rover V8. But it's cheap, so....
                      Do you have a Land Rover shop that could check it out and know what to look for? These have air suspension, no? You can convert back to coils with some $$.

woof...
                      [ATTACH]111166[/ATTACH]
                      That one I linked to is a factory coil'd Rover. They didn't start with EAS until 1993. Hard to know exactly what the mileage is since rebuild, I'd say the author of that ad speaks english as a second language. Either way, these motors can go a long way if they aren't overheated and blow HG's which is likely why it was rebuilt.
                      1996 BMW e36 M3 - Toy

Comment

[ATTACH]111285[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]111286[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]111287[/ATTACH]

Comment

So I'm having 2 issues with my RRC. It has a battery drain and it keeps killing fuel pumps. I upgraded my battery to an Optima Yellow Top battery and even that is getting drain pretty quickly. I've also replaced the fuel pump twice in about 6 months of ownership. I am not sure if these two issues are related, or if the battery draining somehow kills the fuel pump but I'm stumped. If I disconnect the battery when I know I won't drive if for a day or longer the fuel pump is fine when I reconnect the battery and start it up. The last fuel pump I replaced seemed to only work intermittently so I am wondering if their is a short somewhere going to the pump that also sometimes gives it too much power, thus burning it out.

Anyone encountered this issue with a Rover Classic or Disco? This is getting old.
                          1996 BMW e36 M3 - Toy

Comment

So, getting back in the saddle here. I've got loads of parts to throw at this Disco. I have one 4.0 (the one in the truck), two 4.6s (one complete, one a short block). All the bottom end bearings, rings, oil pump, headgaskets, bolts, two sets of rebuilt heads, etc.

Going to pressure test the blocks and pick the best one, pin the liners, then hit them with a ball bearing hone and toss the sucker together. Hopefully get some shit done over T-giving. Wanna have this thing driving before the snow starts flying in Jan/Feb.

Also got a set of PERFECT heated leather front seats to toss in. That was always my biggest complaint...the non-heated, cracking, vinyl seats. $75 at the Pick-a-part. Easy as pie to install. I just wanna put them in and hook up the battery and sit in my non-running truck with the heated seats on.

If I fell froggy I MAY get a mild performance cam and toss in with new lifters....but right now the budget is slim.....we'll see. I can always do that after the heads are on.
                            1974.5 Jensen Healey : 2003 330i/5

Comment

yus
                              Originally posted by priapism
                              My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
                              Originally posted by shameson
                              Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

Whenever I'm bored at work, my guilty pleasure is looking at late-model P38s on auto trader. I can't help myself... I'm in love with the design of them - inside and outside I haven't yet come to terms with the fact that if I'm ever in a position to pick one up, there's the potential for it to become a giant, steaming pile in short order

Or, it could be absolutely wonderful!
                                -Geno

'87 325is (s52'd)
                                '95 525iT
                                '02 Range Rover 4.6 HSE
                                '98 Disco 1

Comment

Working...
                                X