OFFICIAL Land Rover thread.

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Ryan...
    replied
    Originally posted by MrBurgundy
    the newer l322s with the 5.0s have shit timing components too.

    Over time the steel tensioners will dig a hole into the guide rail.

    Literally chainging one right now haha.

    Also, these 5.0s are much easier to work on than the BMW v8s, but the downside is getting those fucking injectors out. If you dont have the tool, you're gonna have a bad time.
    I read a lot of horror stories about the 5.0 engines, which is why I didn't even consider going that route. Not that mine has been cheap by any means, but I couldn't stomach the $5k repair bills those L322 guys seem to think are "acceptable" prices

    Leave a comment:


  • MrBurgundy
    replied
    Originally posted by Ryan...
    Timing chain issues on the BMW engines seem to be the biggest item.

    Not exactly the same, but I bought my 07 RR Sport S/C with 101k. I have 104k on the clock and have replaced all the fluids (over $900 for parts/labor), front wheel bearing, fixed the plugged drain tubes + readjusted the leaking sunroof 2x + replaced the front windshield cowl because it was allowing literally a gallon of water into the passenger foot well during every big rainstorm, front sway bar bushings, I have a loose lower control arm bushing now, replaced the alternator, and now I've got an electronic parking brake failure and electrical brake related issue that looks like it would be in the neighborhood of $1200-1800. I'm not fixing the parking brake, decided to pull the fuse instead so it shuts the fuck up.

    All in all I'm well over $3k into maintenance, damn near $1/mile, and that's not including the 16.2 mpg.


    Overall, still worth it :)


    the newer l322s with the 5.0s have shit timing components too.

    Over time the steel tensioners will dig a hole into the guide rail.

    Literally chainging one right now haha.

    Also, these 5.0s are much easier to work on than the BMW v8s, but the downside is getting those fucking injectors out. If you dont have the tool, you're gonna have a bad time.

    Leave a comment:


  • mrsleeve
    replied
    6 figures likely pushing 150k

    Leave a comment:


  • LateFan
    replied
    BaT - original NAS 110. So tidy.

    What will it go for do you suppose?

    Bid for the chance to own a 1993 Land Rover Defender 110 NAS at auction with Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online. Lot #11,612.


    Click image for larger version

Name:	1993_land_rover_defender_110_nas.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	114.7 KB
ID:	7197523

    Click image for larger version

Name:	1993 land_rover_defender_110_nas chassis.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	47.2 KB
ID:	7197524

    Leave a comment:


  • LateFan
    replied
    Nice. White and galvanized with white steelies is the only way to have these...IMO.

    Leave a comment:


  • wworm
    replied
    OFFICIAL Land Rover thread.

    awesome. He made it back a few weeks ago, with no problems on the car at all. Stopped at that new Rover Shop in Austin to have them rebuild his front brakes and install a working wiper motor.

    Went on his first Californian OHV adventure with a buddy in a first gen 4runner.

    Also my moms neighbor recently acquired a fun new (ooooold) truck

    Leave a comment:


  • LateFan
    replied
    Originally posted by wworm
    Also, I flew out to FL to help my best friend get his RRC/first car/first major catastrophe back together as he plans to drive the thing back to CA in a few weeks. The interiors on these cars are amazing.
    IMG_3827
    Same exact color as our first one....

    Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC06071.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	119.8 KB
ID:	7197500

    Leave a comment:


  • LateFan
    replied
    Rode around in my son's '06 LR3 last weekend, in the middle of nowhere on rocky, rutted roads. So nice, great firm ride, great seats, comfortable, starts up smooth, dawg loves the way back....nice truck.

    Leave a comment:


  • Ryan...
    replied
    Originally posted by haaken675
    Am I a crazy person for considering an l322 with over 130k miles on it? Seeing some decent deals on higher mileage l322's lately and am really wanting one. The wife is British, and I love being different...Am I a glutton for punishment in this thought?
    Originally posted by haaken675
    I'v been looking at the early l322's. I like the idea of the BMW motor and electronics as i'm comfortable with them.
    Timing chain issues on the BMW engines seem to be the biggest item.

    Not exactly the same, but I bought my 07 RR Sport S/C with 101k. I have 104k on the clock and have replaced all the fluids (over $900 for parts/labor), front wheel bearing, fixed the plugged drain tubes + readjusted the leaking sunroof 2x + replaced the front windshield cowl because it was allowing literally a gallon of water into the passenger foot well during every big rainstorm, front sway bar bushings, I have a loose lower control arm bushing now, replaced the alternator, and now I've got an electronic parking brake failure and electrical brake related issue that looks like it would be in the neighborhood of $1200-1800. I'm not fixing the parking brake, decided to pull the fuse instead so it shuts the fuck up.

    All in all I'm well over $3k into maintenance, damn near $1/mile, and that's not including the 16.2 mpg.


    Overall, still worth it :)

    Leave a comment:


  • haaken675
    replied
    Originally posted by BlackSpeed66
    Is it an early or late L322?
    I'v been looking at the early l322's. I like the idea of the BMW motor and electronics as i'm comfortable with them.

    Leave a comment:


  • BlackSpeed66
    replied
    Is it an early or late L322?

    Leave a comment:


  • haaken675
    replied
    Am I a crazy person for considering an l322 with over 130k miles on it? Seeing some decent deals on higher mileage l322's lately and am really wanting one. The wife is British, and I love being different...Am I a glutton for punishment in this thought?

    Leave a comment:


  • wworm
    replied
    Originally posted by rturbo 930
    SIIA109 looks like nonsense to the average person, but reads Series IIA 109" to Land Rover nut.
    thats sick

    Leave a comment:


  • rturbo 930
    replied
    Originally posted by wworm
    please share
    SIIA109 looks like nonsense to the average person, but reads Series IIA 109" to Land Rover nut.

    Leave a comment:


  • wworm
    replied
    Originally posted by UNHCLL
    License plate is nonsensical to the uninitiated!
    please share

    Also, I flew out to FL to help my best friend get his RRC/first car/first major catastrophe back together as he plans to drive the thing back to CA in a few weeks. The interiors on these cars are amazing.
    IMG_3827

    This is where it was when I flew in
    IMG_3744

    This was our set up for the weekend (predicted thunderstorms all weekend, luckily the storm avoided us)
    IMG_3743

    Managed to get a few test drives in before my flight home. These trucks are ridiculous, using metric and SAE bolts, nonsensical accessory layouts and everything. If it werent for the shmorgasbord of an engine bay I'd be all over these. One of the best looking SUV's in my book.
    Last edited by wworm; 06-07-2018, 01:37 PM.

    Leave a comment:

Working...