OFFICIAL Land Rover thread.
Collapse
X
-
Looks good! Do the springs seem soft and kind of wallow-y? Like maybe it was lifted with spacers and not stiffer springs? Stock ones are pretty soft and they roll a lot. We put Old Man Emu kit on our '95, so it was 2" higher but really firm and controlled. -
Hi guys.
New to Land Rover but always lusted for one from afar. Well I got my opportunity to get into a 97' Disco I that was outfitted to my liking! Has a 2in lift, 33" mudders, ARB front bumper, winch, and a few other cool goodies.
My only gripe with it is how tippy and unstable the truck feels over 60mph. From my understanding, new bushings everywhere can help with this? Any other tips of the trade I should look into?
Pics of said rig


Leave a comment:
-
Got to tow my future BiL's GMC Yukon out of a muddy backyard two nights ago. After all the shit he gave me for purchasing my "Mommy Minivan" it not only drove right up the muddy sideways hill without so much as a moment of wheel spin, it pulled his shiny new SUV with brand new tires on it up that same hill :rofl:Leave a comment:
-
[ATTACH]123169[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH]123170[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH]123171[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH]123172[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH]123173[/ATTACH]Leave a comment:
-
My thought is, if we can modify a BMW ecu to remove EWS, then can it be done on a Range Rover? I just havn't been able to figure this out and I don't really have the time o buy a range rover and find out, lol...My wife might kill me for taking on another project like that.Leave a comment:
-
-
We've used the E39/E38 General Modules in them, so possibly. The programming is probably different however. You also need to figure out EWS as its paired between the Key/DME/EWS ModuleDoes anyone know if a BMW ecu would work on an l322? I have come across a few decent deals lately, but they typically had issues with the ignition locking due to land rover's crazy ignition lock system. Being that the older l322's had BMW motors and BMW electronics, can I find a way to bypass this like we would do with an EWS delete?Last edited by James Crivellone; 08-23-2018, 01:25 PM.Leave a comment:
-
I'll have to see what I can find that way then. I have been searching and searching and can't seem to find anyone that has overridden the system. I have such a hard time believing no one has a solution to this problem as it seems to be so pervasive in the older rovers, especially from what I understand is that they even use the same BMW EWS system.Leave a comment:
-
I recall seeing a large "Interchangeable Parts" thread on RangeRovers.net before being banned, so perhaps check there..Leave a comment:
-
Does anyone know if a BMW ecu would work on an l322? I have come across a few decent deals lately, but they typically had issues with the ignition locking due to land rover's crazy ignition lock system. Being that the older l322's had BMW motors and BMW electronics, can I find a way to bypass this like we would do with an EWS delete?Leave a comment:
-
I think the 5.0 is a great engine
I'm biased though cuz I hate m6Xs lolLeave a comment:
-
I knew that if anything came up I'd be paying a shop for that work, no way I was going to dig into that lolThe raw parts for the 5L are not too bad, my 2011 I had to do timing chain guides, waterpump, the plastic pipes in the valley, etc.
At a dealer that is like 6k worth of work, in your garage over a weekend its not bad, 2k worth of parts (including the timing tools) and a few cases of beer.
That being said i had a shop do mine, as I didn't have time.
I would like to drive one of the 5.0s, my little 4.2 with the blower feels decently quick for how heavy it is, so I imagine the 5.0 feels pretty nice.Leave a comment:
-
The raw parts for the 5L are not too bad, my 2011 I had to do timing chain guides, waterpump, the plastic pipes in the valley, etc.
At a dealer that is like 6k worth of work, in your garage over a weekend its not bad, 2k worth of parts (including the timing tools) and a few cases of beer.
That being said i had a shop do mine, as I didn't have time.Leave a comment:
-
:devil:Removed a gigantic resonator from the RR today, giving me what's commonly referred to as the "Poor man's Borla" on the RR forums.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5VJi811c3JULeave a comment:


Leave a comment: