OFFICIAL Land Rover thread.
Collapse
X
-
-
I saw some pics on instagram that made it look nice, but that looks immaculate.
I have always been a D1/D2 fan over the rest. Hard to find one that isn't on its last legs here, which is a big part of why I went D4.Leave a comment:
-
Haha you ain't wrong.^ That looks great. any more pics?
I also see Powling acquired a new vehicle that's relevant to this thread...
After 3.5 years with the Defender, lots of journeys and lots of maintenance, I decided to sell it to put some money in my pocket. Shortly after that a friend offered me his VERY CLEAN Discovery 2 at a very reasonable price so I jumped on it. 60k miles, 4.0l V8 auto, unmodified and originally a southern truck. I should be picking it up next week.
Leave a comment:
-
My 90 is almost back on the road after new A/C, new dash, new seats, and a host of other things;
👍 1Leave a comment:
-
I decided I'm going to make a series of crappy videos to document my feeble attempts to fix this glorious POS.
Here's a super quick walkaround and replacement of the hatch button:
Leave a comment:
-
I think it'll be fun. I'd love a nice one but they're super hard to come by here. Went like 3 months without a single LR3 or LR4 on marketplace/kijiji/anywhere else.
Then there was that $6000 (CAD) one at the LR dealer that I bolted out of a meeting to go see, which ended up getting scooped out from under me.
That one was OK. Didn't have Lux or the 2-speed tcase (it became optional, tied to the HD package on the 2014+ cars), but had whatever option group gets the 360 camera, and the head unit is 'better'. Engine had been replaced but had a rough idle and codes for 'Suction control valve stuck' and a generic P008B 'Powertrain'...
I picked this one up for $7k (again, CAD) and I think it was a damn good deal. It runs like a champ, but shifts just a little weird when cold. Has 2-speed T-case, but not HD package so no locking rear unfortunately. Lux, so better seats, seat/column/mirror memory, fridge, audio and some other stuff.
PO owned an excavation company and bought this for his wife ~5 years back but there was a new 4runner in the driveway. He seemed to take good care of it mechanically. No CEL, everything works, has new brakes and was detailed for the sale.
If I did get a nice one, I'd be too scared to break it anyway. I think this is a decent one for me. Hoping to pick up the GAP tool over black friday if it goes on sale.
Unfortunately this will displace my clapped 4-door, but I don't have time to do all the work to fix that car anyway.Leave a comment:
-
Yeah, I've done timing chains on those. Pretty good engine tho. Really the only PITA shit I've done on that 5.0 are the injectors.
Jag AJ133 5.0 V8, makes (or at one point made) 370/375. I think they still use variants of this now, but the 2010-11 especially were known for chain/tensioner issues.
It must be a few chains in by now, so it probably has the updated stuff? I'm sure I'll find out.
In the 2014 facelift, they also changed to the 3.0 SC V6, which is that weird V8 with the two cylinders blanked off lol, but people love it and say it's more reliable. I think it also switched from the ZF6 auto to the ZF8HP which IMO is the real improvement.
Here's the bad (spare and some plastics missing). Looks gross but I don't see any holes. I'll get under there eventually and have a poke around. Not sure if I try to clean it up or just blast it with undercoating to try to slow the rust a bit and get a few more years out of it.
Even the chain was easy to do, since the engine was developed by FordLeave a comment:
-
Jag AJ133 5.0 V8, makes (or at one point made) 370/375. I think they still use variants of this now, but the 2010-11 especially were known for chain/tensioner issues.
It must be a few chains in by now, so it probably has the updated stuff? I'm sure I'll find out.
In the 2014 facelift, they also changed to the 3.0 SC V6, which is that weird V8 with the two cylinders blanked off lol, but people love it and say it's more reliable. I think it also switched from the ZF6 auto to the ZF8HP which IMO is the real improvement.
Here's the bad (spare and some plastics missing). Looks gross but I don't see any holes. I'll get under there eventually and have a poke around. Not sure if I try to clean it up or just blast it with undercoating to try to slow the rust a bit and get a few more years out of it.
Last edited by Northern; 11-21-2024, 11:03 AM.Leave a comment:
-
Pulled the trigger on a 2010 LR4 HSE Lux over the weekend.
Fun little road trip to pick it up and drive it back. No issues along the way.
High miles, rusty underneath, and first MY, but the price was right, it's inspected for another year, and the mechanicals are solid.
Plenty of small things broken. Already ordered a new hatch lid button, 3rd brake light, and a key shell because the key that works is held together with band-aids.Leave a comment:
-


Leave a comment: