No announcement yet.

OFFICIAL Land Rover thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Okay who has the highest mileage running Rover in here?

232k miles on original tranny and engine on my Disco 1.
    1986 Plymouth Horizon. Base.

Comment

Originally posted by AZRRC View Post
      Well said, fix everything with a hammer and a screwdriver and live with the door handles and abs light
      Don't forget that SRS light too, and the locks that don't quite go up enough, and the intermittent blower motor issues, and the random times it won't start the first time...
      1985 M10b18. 70maybewhpoffury. Over engineered S50b30 murica BBQ swap in progress.

Originally posted by DEV0 E30
      You'd chugg this butt. I know you would. Ain't gotta' lie to kick it brostantinople.

Comment

A broken rover is a happy rover right?
        1985 M10b18. 70maybewhpoffury. Over engineered S50b30 murica BBQ swap in progress.

You'd chugg this butt. I know you would. Ain't gotta' lie to kick it brostantinople.

Comment

Man, this makes me want a P38 again.

Comment

Damn locks don't get me started, anyone else have to do fancy tricks to open the doors
            sigpic
            89 325i Offroad
            89 325i
            05 C240 Wagon

Comment

Yeah not lock the doors.

If someone steals it ill get more in insurance money.

Comment

I havent locked my doors in weeks, lol

Comment

Originally posted by InuFaye View Post
                  Okay who has the highest mileage running Rover in here?

232k miles on original tranny and engine on my Disco 1.
                  I think you won, last year I bought. 95 RRC with 98k and my grandma has a 95 disco with 68k
                  sigpic
                  89 325i Offroad
                  89 325i
                  05 C240 Wagon

Comment

My locks work fine, knock on wood. Only problem is the rear hatch won't lock and I don't have a key that fits it.
                    1974.5 Jensen Healey : 2003 330i/5

Comment

Success story: 6 degrees outside this morning & Nigel fired right up.

Failure story: His blower switch decided to choose today to fail completely. Nothing. No heat at all. Even with gloves on, my fingers were stiff & numb by the time I arrive at work.

Comment

Originally posted by AZRRC View Post
                        Damn locks don't get me started, anyone else have to do fancy tricks to open the doors
                        On my rear door and pass door, the lock will go up, then fall a half inch or so. Have to pull up on the tab and open the door at the same time. Actuators work, just don't cycle right. Tried tweaking the little rods to no avail.

Oh and my disco has a mild 160k on it.

Comment

Originally posted by Holland View Post
                          On my rear door and pass door, the lock will go up, then fall a half inch or so. Have to pull up on the tab and open the door at the same time. Actuators work, just don't cycle right. Tried tweaking the little rods to no avail.
                          This should do it: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Landrover-Di...sories&vxp=mtr

Comment

Originally posted by quickervicar View Post
                            Didn't even know those existed! Thanks a bunch!

Comment

Are RRCs the same way?
                              sigpic
                              89 325i Offroad
                              89 325i
                              05 C240 Wagon

Comment

Originally posted by Holland View Post

Oh and my disco has a mild 160k on it.
                                Mine wont even open on the inside passenger, the looks on peoples faces when I tell them to roll down the windows and unlock it.

Also its gotten really hard to turn the key to lock the drivers side.

Think some graphite would cure that?

Also thinking about doing a 2" Terrafirma or OME lift in the summer.
                                Last edited by InuFaye; 01-23-2013, 03:32 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X