OFFICIAL Land Rover thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by slammin.e28guy View Post
    If you could get wiring diagrams for each, and a pigtail from a D2, then I'm sure you could wire it right up. Shit, may get lucky and they use the same colors for the wires and where they go.
    The more I think about it, the more it seems it would be even easier than an aftermarket HU.
    1985 M10b18. 70maybewhpoffury. Over engineered S50b30 murica BBQ swap in progress.

Originally posted by DEV0 E30
    You'd chugg this butt. I know you would. Ain't gotta' lie to kick it brostantinople.

Comment

Pulled the trigger on a D2 alpine unit on ebay. We will see how this goes.
      1985 M10b18. 70maybewhpoffury. Over engineered S50b30 murica BBQ swap in progress.

You'd chugg this butt. I know you would. Ain't gotta' lie to kick it brostantinople.

Comment

Originally posted by Holland View Post
        Pulled the trigger on a D2 alpine unit on ebay. We will see how this goes.
        In for documentations. I'd love to ditch the Wal Mart special I put in the RRC
        1974.5 Jensen Healey : 2003 330i/5

Comment

I'm interested, but considering the wiring to mine is all fucked up already I might as well put in a 4 channel amp.
          1986 Plymouth Horizon. Base.

Comment

Originally posted by slammin.e28guy View Post
            In for documentations. I'd love to ditch the Wal Mart special I put in the RRC
            I'm not aware of the dimensions in the RRC dash, but the D2 radio is single din, with a 1.5 din face and it's also curved to match the disco dash.

Comment

I'm not aware of the dimensions in the RRC dash, but the D2 radio is single din, with a 1.5 din face and it's also curved to match the disco dash.
              Hard dash Classics (1994 and prior) are weird:

Soft dash (1995) are the same as Disco 1s.

Comment

I love my soft dash RRC, dual climate control ftw
                sigpic
                89 325i Offroad
                89 325i
                05 C240 Wagon

Comment

The front ends are interchangeable?!?

Comment

I feel like thats a shop.

Comment

Its not

Comment

Oh I'd totally do that.

Inufaye....ROVERFACESWAP. Lets do this.

Comment

I kinda really dig the face swaps. RRC with a disco front yes please.

Comment

I kinda really dig the face swaps. RRC with a disco front yes please.
                            Considering my RRC has some rust holes in the inner fenders, this may be an option when I get around to possibly fixing it....or not.

Just started putting the PS pump assembly shit together again. I think I'll just re-weld what was there for the upcoming blast of snows we're supposed to get, then revisit the issue with custom lines etc.

Comment

I have to rebuild my front DS and change these PS lines before the snow gets here.

Comment

So update on the D2 head unit.

It's ALMOST plug and play. The CD changer is no hope, but the whole point is to use a GROMM unit in place of one.

The top connector is the only one that's different. I'm going to mess with it a bit but I did manage to get sound out of one speaker, but super quiet.

Keep in mind I know jack about stereos...

Comment

Working...
                                X