No announcement yet.

OFFICIAL Land Rover thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Man, saw a D90 the other day. Unfortunately I was driving my sister's Honda to the shop and my GF was in the RRC ahead of me.

Dude must have thought she was one cool chick driving that thing though, lol.
    1974.5 Jensen Healey : 2003 330i/5

Comment

As much as I never thought I'd say this...

I'm looking at a mid-late 90's RR SE 4.0 right now.

Any advice if I go look at it?
      No E30 Club
      Originally posted by MrBurgundy
      Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

Originally posted by Exodus_2pt0 View Post
        As much as I never thought I'd say this...

I'm looking at a mid-late 90's RR SE 4.0 right now.

Any advice if I go look at it?
        Give this a good read, if you haven't already:

Research - P38/MKII

Someone talk to me about driveshaft spacers. What are they made of?

I know I can make them for less than $60 each.

Going to sewer-cap my diff. Figured I'd do some spacers for piece of mind since I am at 2.5" of lift.

Comment

Current Defender is a goner, says this...

It's been 16 long years since you could legally buy Land Rover's longest-lived and most iconic vehicle in the US of A. And soon, it'll be impossible for anyone anywhere to buy a new Defender.

But..I have read that the next gen LR(6?) chassis may have a Defender-ish body installed as a more basic utility / off-road truck. Very possible, as the Range Rover Sport is just an LR3 / LR4 with a different shell on it.

Comment

Originally posted by LateFan View Post
            Current Defender is a goner, says this...

It's been 16 long years since you could legally buy Land Rover's longest-lived and most iconic vehicle in the US of A. And soon, it'll be impossible for anyone anywhere to buy a new Defender.

But..I have read that the next gen LR(6?) chassis may have a Defender-ish body installed as a more basic utility / off-road truck. Very possible, as the Range Rover Sport is just an LR3 / LR4 with a different shell on it.
            Those "legislative reasons" might have something to do with the fact the Defender is a decades-old design that lacks any airbags or modifications for pedestrian accidents or any of the safety features modern cars have now.
            That is what makes it so great!

Too bad.

Comment

Doesn't affect us in the US as we will have 25 years of 25 year old defenders.

Comment

Originally posted by slammin.e28 View Post
                That is what makes it so great!

Too bad.
                Yep. It's a great tractor, but doesn't fit into the modern world of safety and structural and emissions and quiet I guess.

Originally posted by 10Toes View Post
                Doesn't affect us in the US as we will have 25 years of 25 year old defenders.
                Exactly! A nice mid-90s 110 might be nice at some point.

Comment

HAPPY 65th Land Rover!

Perfect English morning to be driving one here too. 60 degrees, cloudy, and drizzly.

Comment

ROVER DOWN.

My shadetree patched trans cooler line blew apart on my way to work this morning. FACK.

So she's sitting by a line of round hay bales on some 200 year old family farm.

Comment

ROVER DOWN.
                      I'm finding this to be a common theme, lol.

But a shadetree fix like that has to be expected.
                      1985 M10b18. 70maybewhpoffury. Over engineered S50b30 murica BBQ swap in progress.

Originally posted by DEV0 E30
                      You'd chugg this butt. I know you would. Ain't gotta' lie to kick it brostantinople.

Comment

At this rate I'll never have to service the trans because it flushes itself every 6 months or so.

At least it's given the new lines time to go down in price. Gonna be about $100 for both, instead of $200. If the trans decided to go, I'll just jack Inufaye's off that Disco we bought last year.

Comment

jack inufaye's off
                          staph.
                          1986 Plymouth Horizon. Base.

Comment

Originally posted by InuFaye View Post
                            staph.
                            $5 mil pls.

Comment

Taking Inufaye's heads to the machine shop today, but had to get groceries last night.

Note to self, if I need weight in the trunk for snows, do not use Rover heads, they weigh nothing.

Comment

putting it all back together will be tons of fun.
                                1986 Plymouth Horizon. Base.

Comment

Working...
                                X