No announcement yet.

OFFICIAL Land Rover thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"OK, you camels, we're going to town and I don't want any trouble from you guys. OK? I mean it, I don't want to have to stop again."

Click image for larger version

Name:	camels.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	81.1 KB
ID:	7159626

Comment

So we did a pressure test on the 500 dollar disco 2 and it looks like a headgasket.

Time to get down and dirty.
      1986 Plymouth Horizon. Base.

Comment

....and post pics.
        1974.5 Jensen Healey : 2003 330i/5

Comment

I used to own a Disco, I loved that thing so much. Had to sell it because I was a poor college kid and gas was through the roof at the time.

1997 Disco SE7 with pretty much all options and accessories except roof rack and tail light guards. I got extremely lucky, the only things I ever had to replace was the serpentine belt and the two rear window regulators.

I will definitely own another one some day.
          1992 325ic, Alpine over Indigo.

Comment

My son's 95 has been really good so far (knock on aluminum). Fussed with some idle issues and the stepper motor on the intake. His was converted from a manual to auto at some point, so the computer might have some idle signal quirks from the transmission.

Name:	DSC07290.jpg
Size:	121.5 KB
ID:	7159766

Name:	trees & snow rotate.jpg
Size:	76.4 KB
ID:	7159767

Comment

Thought I'd see if there was any new news on the replacement Defender. Here are a couple of not-that-new stories, but the gist of it is that they only sell 16,000 Defenders a year. You can't financially develop a new vehicle and design a production line for 16,000 cars a year. And parent company Tata is losing money and can't focus on it right now.

The current Defender won't meet new safety regs in Europe fairly soon. They could keep selling them in the 3rd world, but that sounds like diminishing returns.

So, there are options, like the upcoming LR4 replacement chassis with a Defender-ish body shell, or a new but upmarket Defender replacement. That seems like a problem, as everything LR sells is upmarket! Which one can you get mud inside of?

At least they're not building that DC100.

Land Rover's plans to replace the ageing Defender with a more rugged vehicle have been scrapped

The new Discovery / LR4 (5?) sounds like a facelift and some engine options...
              Land Rover’s LR4 (a Discovery to our non-U.S. readers) is set to receive a raft of updates that will bring the go-just-about-anywhere SUV into line with the latest additions from the British automaker. This means efficiency gains across the range, LED-enhanced headlights and a much more luxurious interior. What we can ascertain from these spy shots is...
              Last edited by LateFan; 08-20-2013, 10:37 AM.

Comment

Alright chaps!

Talk at me about LT230 conversions. I've got the T/C and linkage. My RRC has been converted to U-joint driveshafts, front and rear, so no rotoflex crap under there.

So I should be good to go, I assume? Slam some new seals in the T/C and transmission, wire it up, cut a nice hole for the linkage and lever, and roll?

Comment

Stopped by oreily's the other day to grab some fuses and met a chill guy with an 85 rhd 90.
                  Said he was in the CG and just moved from Virginia.
                  Pretty sick rig.

1991 BMW 318i (Old Shell RIP, Now Being Re-shelled & Reborn)
                  1983 Peugeot 505 STI
                  1992 Volvo 240 Wagon
                  2009 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Sport 4WD

Comment

Picked up a new toy for the Discovery 2 today.

Cylinder 2 is the cause of my misfire, and my SRS light is on because the computer thinks the Drivers Airbag is disconnected.

Good to know

Comment

Originally posted by slammin.e28 View Post
                      Alright chaps!

Talk at me about LT230 conversions. I've got the T/C and linkage. My RRC has been converted to U-joint driveshafts, front and rear, so no rotoflex crap under there.

So I should be good to go, I assume? Slam some new seals in the T/C and transmission, wire it up, cut a nice hole for the linkage and lever, and roll?
                      I'm sure you read this already.

Hey guys, I am planning a transfer case swap of my old BW for an LT230 from my 1996 Disco. The reason for the swap, besides offroad attributes, is that the viscous coupling is toast so I figure it may as well be now. So, anyone do the swap before? Looking for tips and tricks to make this...
                      1985 M10b18. 70maybewhpoffury. Over engineered S50b30 murica BBQ swap in progress.

Originally posted by DEV0 E30
                      You'd chugg this butt. I know you would. Ain't gotta' lie to kick it brostantinople.

Comment

Originally posted by Holland View Post
                        Yup. Problem is I like pictures. Every thread I come upon the pic links are dead. Guess I'll have to just put some tires on the m3 and take the rover apart and go from there. Gonna do the swap while I have the body off the frame for my body lift. Figure should make it soooo easy.

Comment

Originally posted by James Crivellone View Post

Cylinder 2 is the cause of my misfire, and my SRS light is on because the computer thinks the Drivers Airbag is disconnected.

Good to know

Is that a standard ODBII code reader and could be used with other ODBII compliant vehicles? What model and source?

Comment

Originally posted by James Crivellone View Post

Good to know
                            Check the yellow connectors under the drivers seat. 80% of the time that's what it is. Hit the connection with some dielectric grease.
                            1986 Plymouth Horizon. Base.

Comment

[ATTACH]75750[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]75751[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]75752[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]75753[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]75754[/ATTACH]

Comment

[ATTACH]75755[/ATTACH]

Comment

Working...
                                X